PDA

View Full Version : Normal Ending = Better Ending? (spoilers)

ChibiInuYasha
04-20-2004, 01:47 AM
I don't care for the Good/Perfect Endings. I think they're just a little much. In the normal ending, Yuna relizes she has her whole life ahead of her and she can be happy on her own. But in the Good ending she is simply spoiled (In a very cheesy, Hollywood manner) w/ out really learning an important leason. Anyone care to share?

zacks_clone
04-20-2004, 04:27 AM
Nomral ending was the sort of...moral to the story. The good guys(or girls in this case) relize they can go on,even though they have made sacrifices. Everyone can really take the time and think and maybe relate to this. I like the idea that Yuna sort of...grew in this ending,but i have to say i liked the good ending better.

good ending...yeah, sort of cheesy movie ending. In the end you see yuna and tidus and all is good and happy and lovely. Yayness. Yuna gets her life and love back. BUT she still has that "I know i can go on living now that your gone" bit stashed away. I dont know...i just prefered the good.I havent gotten perfect ending yet

Kupo
04-20-2004, 04:42 AM
I can see it both ways- I get what you're saying. It's definitely more realistic for Yuna to move on with her life and the normal ending provides a more mature, kinda somber but still pleasing and believeable ending. However, I loved the Good/Perfect endings, and rationalized them by thinking that so much of the game is over the top already- who is to say that miracles can't happen? I'm just a sucker for happy, anyway. :love:

Sefie1999AD
04-20-2004, 04:25 PM
I can see it both ways- I get what you're saying. It's definitely more realistic for Yuna to move on with her life and the normal ending provides a more mature, kinda somber but still pleasing and believeable ending. However, I loved the Good/Perfect endings, and rationalized them by thinking that so much of the game is over the top already- who is to say that miracles can't happen? I'm just a sucker for happy, anyway. :love:

*SPOILERS!*

I agree with Kupo. When I finished FFX-2 for the first time, the Fayth came to ask me whether I want Tidus to return or not. I've chosen both of the options, and from what I've seen, both are nicely done endings. Getting Tidus back is a romantic ending to the story, and I still somewhat like happy endings, so it was nice to watch. Some time before I played FFX-2, I was in the same situation as Yuna. I had lost someone and I could never get her back, but still, I would have wanted to see her again. Maybe that's why I was able to identify with Yuna so well. I know I can't get that person back, but it's nice to watch how at least Yuna got her beloved one back.

As for normal ending, that one is more realistic, and there Yuna did what you'd normally do. I guess I'll just have to do like she did in that ending: move on. I think normal ending is also more emotional in some ways compared to the good ending. Now that I'm playing New Game Plus, I'm not sure whether I should go for 100% completion and the perfect ending, or the fully normal ending. Because in the fully normal ending, you'll get another emotional and sad farewell scene (I've only seen Japanese clips of that) where Yuna finally says goodbye to Tidus, and she says she'll keep him in her heart.

SeeDRankLou
04-20-2004, 08:18 PM
I like both endings. I can see how both endings apply, but I prefer the good ending and I think the good ending fits better in this story. In FFX, there was this rash and serious tone to the whole game, and toward the end you kind of knew what was going to happen at the end. This game is quite different. This game is rather upbeat, despite all the troubles you go through. In the darkest of moments in this game, everyone is still smiling. And there is very very little in this game to hint at the good enidng, which makes the good ending that much more of a surprise when you get it. For this upbeat game to end on a sombre note doesn't fit. It fits with the end of FFX, but not with this game.