PDA

View Full Version : GF and Weapon Issues

zacks_clone
04-20-2004, 03:54 PM
I am having a horrid time trying to collect all the GF's, not to mention iteams for the ult. weapons. So, here I am again, begging for help.

I have all but three GFs. The three I am missing are Bahamut,Eden, and DoomTrain. I know HOW to get all these GF's, but the issue is actually beating all the things leading up to them(Them being Bahamut and Eden). Those stupid ruby dragons are driving me insane.I can get past the first, having junctions firaga to all my characters, but when the second comes, he pulls off breath or some such attack and i am gone. Any help would be very much appreciated.

My second issue is getting the iteams for DoomTrain and for the ult. weapons. Malboro Tentacles are needed for Doomtrain, but I cant seem to last long enough in battle against the malboros to even fight!Any hints,tips,anything, for this?

thanks

gokufusionss1
04-20-2004, 04:04 PM
junction against posion and confuse and fight it, allthough with marlbroughs i go in with low health so i can use my limit breaks straight away squall can knock off about 60,000hp using his for me.

Iceglow
04-20-2004, 04:15 PM
right one answer to the item trouble is to play your ass of in triple triad and then refine the winnings, another way to get the ruby dragons is to cast tonberrys level down skill on them it'll lower them by 5 levels each time lowest it'll take one is level 5 though no challenge for the exeter or lionheart weapons. Eden draw of omega a easy victory here is to either carry a load of heroes in or a holy war trial, use aura on selphie and squall and irvine then use the hero either whack it till it dies or cast the end if it is in the slot window. As for doom train get the solomon ring from tears point either before LP goes there or walk in and keep away with the ragnorak otherwise then get 6 marlboro tentacles 6 remedy+ and 6 steel pipes and use the ring done!

NM
04-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Junction 'Drain' to status attack. Everytime you attack you'll get the damage you inflict back as health.

Iceglow
04-20-2004, 04:43 PM
also when kicking nasty marlboro butts junction Pain and beserk to stat def and you'll be able to heal up after the breath attack with ensuna spells

queen of the jungle
04-20-2004, 05:50 PM
A really good way to beat the Ruby Dragons is to use Quistis' limit break, degenerator. This automatically gets rid of any monster in the game. It worked for me! Its useless against anything else though.

zacks_clone
04-21-2004, 06:38 PM
A really good way to beat the Ruby Dragons is to use Quistis' limit break, degenerator. This automatically gets rid of any monster in the game. It worked for me! Its useless against anything else though.

How do you get that limit?I dont recall ever getting it.

queen of the jungle
04-21-2004, 06:48 PM
I vaguely remember getting it fairly on in the game, in disc 1. I think I got it by defeating those monsters that are orange, bob up and down and shrivel when you kill them, though I'm not sure. You can find those monsters all over the place as you probably know.

Bahumat
04-27-2004, 08:34 AM
i think it is steel orb that gives Degenerator. i prefer Level ?? death though.

sakuraV
05-05-2004, 05:18 AM
HOW TO USE THE ABILITY OF GF TOMBERY(FAMILIAR)?CAN SOME1 EXPLAIN FOR ME,I CAN'T USE IT AT ANYTIME

Doomgaze
05-05-2004, 06:09 AM
FUSHRU-RU-RU-RU

Bahumat
05-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Right, familiar. it works on it's own. once learned, it will do it's stuff without needing to be used.

Master Quan
05-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Like Bahamut said its an auto ability it means when you go into a store there may be more Items available.

Tonberry Is really an apalling GF so only use him for Autoabilities.

Plenty_Purple
05-25-2004, 06:01 AM
Actually, I believe to get degenerator you need the Black Hole item which you can recieve from Esther Soldiers as Laguna in his great escape.

Lehteb
05-31-2004, 07:31 AM
what you do in order to get those dang Malboro Tentacles, is simple, save the game in a Malboro infested area, then pray that odin saves your butt!

works every time:)

admat97
05-31-2004, 07:53 PM
what you do in order to get those dang Malboro Tentacles, is simple, save the game in a Malboro infested area, then pray that odin saves your butt!

works every time:)

yeah...pray and mug too!

Lord Xehanort
05-31-2004, 11:44 PM
To get Eden, wait until Ulti's Castle. Find an enemy named Tiamat and draw Eden from him.

For Bahamut's friends, beat the first like you do, have someone Kamikaze the second and then beat it a bit more. Diablos is nice.

Doomtrain, gamefaqs has a list of items. You need to use Alex's Med Lvl-Up Skill.

Bahumat
06-01-2004, 07:10 AM
Something Interesting for getting malboro tentacles. one of my friends got a thing called a Ribbon. when you use it to teach it to a GF, the ability stops all status changes to the person who the gf is equipped to!!!!

Lehteb
06-01-2004, 07:30 AM
dont you need that stupid chocobo game to get ribbons though? like, the seporate dealer that they only made in japan but insisted on putting in the american and other world versions?

ShivaBlizzard8
06-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Yeah, Ribbons can only be won in Chocobo World, a game for the PocketStation which was only manufactured in Japan, and then imported into the FF8 game. It's also the only was to get the MiniMog GF.

The best way to get Marburro Tentacles is the way that Lehteb mentioned. Go to the island closet to Hell or Heaven and save, then walk a step or two. Odin will kill the Marlburro for you almost every time, especially if you have strong magic junctioned to Squall's Luck stats. In 10 minutes I had more tentecles than I knew what to do with.