PDA

View Full Version : At work today, on a training course...

Loony BoB
04-20-2004, 09:45 PM
We had to list some of our achievements in life, here's what I put down (as they came to mind):
1) Helping Mum get over Dad and AJ respectively.
2) Learning how to get along with my stepmum, stepdad, stepsister and stepbrother - no other sibling has managed this feat.
3) Faithfulness - I've never cheated on a girlfriend, never slept around, never kissed a girl that wasn't my girlfriend (exception: I did kiss Mandy after we broke up, but y'no).
4) Got myself out of debt (this will happen in a couple of months).
5) Pay rises - particularly the 40% over 4 months when I first came to the UK. I have had pay rises of about £5000 over two years.
6) Creating Aiyon.
7) Becoming Senior Site Staff at EoFF and successfully spearheading the revival of the site.
8) Keeping in touch with New Zealanders.
9) Happiness.
10) Making friends out of people who didn't like me.
11) Doing so well as a temp on the RBOS contract that I was the only temp they made an effort to rescue by employing me full time while all the other temps were simply told to reapply if anything. Which sucked a lot because I lost a lot of friends once they left Edinburgh, but it was still a great achievement.
12) Doing various DIY jobs, beginning in NZ when I did the plumbing for the downstairs bathroom (which was effectively my bathroom) when I was about 16.
13) Spring cleaning my room this weekend.
14) Bursary (end of high school) exams - I passed every subject.
15) Travelling around the world by myself, including from NZ to the UK to live and also to California and Germany. California was especially pretty neat considering I managed to not only fly to a new country by myself but also managed to make my way around it.
16) I've never smoked, never been drunk, never done drugs.
17) Independence - I now live by myself and do everything in my life out of my own free will. I'm particularly proud of being financially independent.

List 15-20 of your achievements in life. :)

Peegee
04-20-2004, 10:14 PM
- I survived being born (hemorrhaging of something...my brain? *shrug*)
- I learned spacial perception
- I learned to speak Chinese
- I learned to walk
- I learned to speak English
- I made friends
- I learned to bicycle
- I learned to swim
- I was/am generous
- I was/am respectful of others
- I learned to fence (sword play)
- I learned to breakdance
- I know how to use a computer to a degree better than most people (though less than some people)
- I am faithful
- I like pie

And so forth.

Strider
04-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Achievements in life. . . interest subject. Why didn't I think of it?

1. Two years on my high school's improvisation group. All because a friend of mine, the only four-year guy in the group's history, said "why not?"
2. Babysitting. I've been doing it for years, and I'm more prepared for being a parent in the future than I ever could've imagined I'd be.
3. Singing the National Anthem at high school graduation. A rush unlike any I'll probably ever have again.
4. An article on airport security after September 11. I was going on vacation, anyway, so it was the perfect opportunity to report on an important issue. It was also the only front page article I wrote for my high school's newspaper.
5. Becoming Site Staff here. It's good experience, what can I say?
6. "Voices from the High School". The only real theatrical performance I've done, but I had a hell of a lot of fun.
7. Having the good fortune to meet Peter Magowan, owner of the San Francisco Giants. He was looking for change for five bucks.
8. My girlfriend and I. It seems like no one outside of she and I ever thought we'd be where we are right now, and it's only gettin' better.
9. Winning the intramural flag football and softball titles back in sixth grade. I was a Big Ugly Lineman (nickname, not literal), and I could rake.
10. Geography bee from fourth through sixth grade. I knew more about the world than anyone else I knew, and our team only lost once in those three years.
11. Makin' new friends in college after losing all of my friends from high school.
12. Makin' new friends in junior high and high school after losing all of my friends from elementary school.
13. Getting out of Fresno to go to college.
14. Backpacking around Europe. A whole month of it, and I still have my feet!
15. Writing stories. I consider each of them an individual achievement, since I put a lot of effort into each.
16. Winning tickets to the 2001 Vans Warped Tour. It was the definition of dumb luck.
17. My hat with the autographs of various current and former San Francisco 49ers. That's four years of trips to Stockton for training camp.

Del Murder
04-21-2004, 03:07 AM
1. Got a degree from a prestigious university
2. Not broke or dead
I'm sure there's another one..
Winning fantasy baseball and football and basketball (that counts as 3)
6-15. Some games I've beaten

Casey
04-21-2004, 03:17 AM
I learned how to walk.
I learned how to ride bicycle.
Im still alive.
Helped fix a sail boat.
I got in shape over the last year.
Learned how to control my anger.
I made it to highschool unlike my older bro and sis.
Havnt dropped out of highschool yet.
I learned how to drive.
I passed the WASL.
Made new friends in highschool.

Being 16, to early to list life achievements, havnt lived long enough. :greenie:

Yamaneko
04-21-2004, 03:35 AM
1. I became aware how much of an idiot I was in my first year of high school. Everything before then was insignificant and didn't add anything to my life.
2. I was a good student in high school.
3. I kept and made some true friends.
4. I got into university.
5. Overall, throughout everything, I've tried to put a good face on bad situations and have tried to find fun in everything I do.

I can't think of any other big achievements.