PDA

View Full Version : MAN I LOVE THE CALBRENA THEME!!!

Rase
04-22-2004, 05:58 AM
I don't know why but this has always been one of my favorite fight themes. Even when I hated fighting Calbrena because I didn't know if you killed the Cal and Brena so they were in ratio with each other they wouldn't transform, I still looked forward to the music. What do you guys think?

Takara
04-22-2004, 06:03 AM
Well, it does fit the battle. You have to admit that fighting possessed dolls is kinda creepy, and that theme just adds to the mood, IMO. :D

Dr Unne
04-22-2004, 06:07 AM
I hate it. I have FF4 Celtic Moon and on that CD every song sounds a hundred times better than in the game, and on that CD the Calabrena theme still sucks. It freaks me out.

Rase
04-22-2004, 06:14 AM
It freaks me out.

I think that's the point. Like Takara, I think it fits the possesed-dolls-attacking-out-of-nowhere theme of the battle.

Dr Unne
04-22-2004, 06:26 AM
It fits the battle, yeah. As a chunk of a game, it's nice. As a song, I don't like it.

Sephex
04-22-2004, 07:50 AM
I don't usualy let the Calbrena actually transform. It's all about timing!

Rase
04-22-2004, 02:49 PM
I don't let her transfom either anymore (unless I'm looking for a challenge). Back when I first got the game (when i was 7) I didn't know about the way to keep her from transforming, so I could get really frusterated when she killed me alot. But I've always liked the song.

Storm
04-22-2004, 07:25 PM
I actually find that battle extremely annoying. I was never aware how to prevent the Cal and Brena from transforming, so it's always a bonus to me if they don't. The main problem I have is that Cecil takes quite a beating in that battle, and I always forget to cure him before the end of the battle. I'm sure you can imagine all the problems that creates when you fight Golbez immediately after.

As for the song, it does fit the battle quite well. Final Fantasy music composers are true geniuses.

Rase
04-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Well, now you know how to keep her from transforming (if you read my spoiler). Also, to mark spoilers put spoilers (in brackets) at the front of the spoiler and /spoilers (again, in brackets) at the end.

Del Murder
04-23-2004, 05:41 AM
It's mezmorizing.

Doomgaze
04-23-2004, 08:31 AM
It scares me, deep down to the bone. I have nightmares about Calbrena to this day.

Cire Avlisad
05-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Final Fantasy music composers are true geniuses.

Nobuo is a genius, the new people suck.
I hate all this Japanese dance music Takahito Eguchi and Noriko Matsueda are doing.

Rei
05-07-2004, 11:31 PM
It's kinda wacky, which is why it's awesome.