PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Sleep = Drunk without the Fun

Baloki
04-22-2004, 10:37 PM
I write this under the above condition, please forgive typos, I sorry.

Well I haven't been to sleep for many days now, it's tiring I say. Anyway I have now decided that not sleeping for a few days straight can make you act like you're drunk, though you never actually had the fun of getting there as you're not drunk, just tired.

Please discuss and could some nice adminy person thing go through and correct my typos else I'll be here all night. Also please take no advantage, and discuss nicely, thank you.

Kirobaito
04-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Yes, it is. I've never been drunk, as I stay away from that stuff, but I've seen what it's like to be drunk from being around people that are. And staying up for 2+ days straight makes you act the same way. Actually, come to think of it, it makes you more like you're high, because there's a whole lot of laughing. Atleast, that's the way it was with me.

metCloud
04-22-2004, 10:43 PM
I dont get a whole lot of sleep but I dont stay up for days straight...I can imagine what it would be like though. I feel sorry for people with insomnia.

BTW- Why Havent you been to sleep? :confused:

Baloki
04-22-2004, 10:47 PM
I dont get a whole lot of sleep but I dont stay up for days straight...I can imagine what it would be like though. I feel sorry for people with insomnia.

BTW- Why Havent you been to sleep? :confused:

Stupid dog barks all night and sleeps all day!!!

Kirobaito
04-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Then get on their sleeping schedule. That's what I've done with my dogs. Of course, it's reverse; they bark in the day, and sleep at night.

Levian
04-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Yes, being tired is like being drunk just without the fun. At least for me :p It's easier to walk while being tired too :p

Psychotic
04-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah, but imagine if you were tired AND drunk! I suppose you'd collapse.

Baloky: kick your dog. A lot. In the head. And if THAT doesn't shut it up, throw it out the window. Then maybe nail it to the floor and stamp on it's head until it screams.

Or you could just..... not? :)

escobert
04-23-2004, 03:42 AM
I'm gonna stay up until sunday night now :) yay! get drunk without drinking or spending money woooooooooohooooooooo!

Del Murder
04-23-2004, 06:01 AM
Yes the feelings are quite similar. Also not coincidentally both are bad for you.

Peegee
04-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Not sleep and being drunk are only similar because your mental and motor reflexes are lethargic. That said, you really should sleep. I stayed up all day today, and ended up sleeping from about 11 - 6 pm. If I had no, I would be a mess right now.

Calliope
04-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Now I want caffiene. Thanks a lot, Insomnidrunk!

Peegee
04-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Coffee just tastes good. I can't get hyper from it :(

edczxcvbnm
04-23-2004, 10:24 AM
I know all too well about the horrors of sleep...deprevation. Its cool if it has only been a day but after that time period has passed...it isn't quite so cool any more. I get all loonied up and hyper and I find myself making a great many more threats to people than usual...then laughing about it in their face.

Baloki
04-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Well I can calmly announce that the dog stopped barking at 1am this morning. So therefore I got 6 hours sleep, go me!!!

Oh and going to sleep in pure, bright sunlight is not the easiest of tasks KB I can tell you that.

Xander
04-23-2004, 01:55 PM
could some nice adminy person thing go through and correct my typos else I'll be here all night.

OMG, the first person to give me permission to correct their spellings, I <3 you. :D

And I'd agree although I can't go for more than about 24 hours without sleep. xD

bennator
04-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Sitting in a hot tub for too long makes me feel like I'm drunk. I've never stayed up long enough to see if lack of sleep will do that too, though.

Mr. Graves
04-24-2004, 05:31 AM
I might be super-tired tomorrow, as I took a nap at 6:30 PM and then woke up at 7:00. I normally go to bed about five hours after 7.

I feel like crap even after one night without sleep. I'm a very mental person, so sleep is highly important for me. Getting drunk is fun, and I'll admit I miss getting my buzz from the bottle, but I'm not about to stay up for days on end because I want to feel 'wasted'. I'll take my woozi-ness in liquor, thanks.