PDA

View Full Version : computer game controller issue

Strider
04-23-2004, 03:14 AM
For the record, the make of controller I have is the Logitech Dual Action game controller.

And now for the problem. Within the last few weeks, the left analog control has gotten completely over-sensitive (for those who know what a PS controller looks like, that left analog). Every time I try to play a game, the control goes a bit crazy when I move the analog button even slightly in any direction. More often than not, it seems to be stuck moving cursors, characters and the like to the right.

This is annoying, because I'd very much like to finish Final Fantasy VIII without any hitches. Any ideas?

Erdrick Holmes
04-23-2004, 03:41 AM
Your controller's drivers are prolly woofed up. Did your controller come with a floppy?

Strider
04-23-2004, 03:45 AM
No, I installed everything off of a CD.

crono_logical
04-23-2004, 04:09 AM
Did you bother calibrate the controller in the control panel?

Erdrick Holmes
04-23-2004, 04:10 AM
Hmm, then maybe the discwirth the driversinstalled them wrong, try calling the controller's maufactuer, I'm sure the box has the number on it.

Strider
04-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Arche: I haven't messed with any of the default settings at all since I installed everything. Every button's calibrations are exactly the same, but even the slightest jarring anywhere on the controller tends to make the left analog go haywire.

Citizen Bleys
04-23-2004, 06:36 AM
I had problems with my LogiTech RumblePad with FFXI, too. I switched to a SaiTek 688-something-or-other and haven't had any problems since.

Except that the SaiTek doesn't have Force Feedback, which is supported by FFXI. Oh well.

Strider
04-23-2004, 06:39 AM
This is a basic run-of-the-mill Logitech controller, bought from Best Buy at a low low price. It doesn't have any frills like rumbling or anything, nothing flashy.

The strange part about it is that everything worked perfectly when I first bought it. Playing FFVIII on the PC, for example, moving the cursor around the menu or moving Squall around the world map was. . . well, easy like it should be. But recently, I don't even have to touch the controller and the cursor moves all around crazy-like.

crono_logical
04-23-2004, 12:40 PM
I still suggest you try recalibrating it first before writing it off as broken - Windows can sometimes forget the calibration of the controller for some weird reason :p

I had an A4Tech controller that sometimes started doing weird stuff though, and I fixed that by opening it up and finding out one of the wires wasn't conected correctly inside :p

Baloki
04-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Even 98 has the drivers for that controller, OMG, anyway sorry.

Check that you didn't have the stick pulled out. What I mean by that is on the PS and PS2 the stick actually pulls towards you and reacts slower, not sure if its supposed to but all my controllers do. So it might have then been pushed in and seemed to become super sensitive. Else try re-calerbrating it like Archie says. Oh and for gods sakes do not reinstall the drivers/windows/or anything else there should be no need.

Final question is it USB or Gameport kind?

Strider
04-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Re-calibration. . . Okay, I don't know how to do that.

Apparently, the left analog is broken somehow, because when I push down to use it as a button, it clicks down in a different fashion and kinda stays there. The right one doesn't.

So, it must be broken. Damn. I was hoping it wouldn't be.