PDA

View Full Version : Worst gift?

Polaris
04-23-2004, 01:11 PM
What was the worst gift that anyone had ever gave you?

Mine it was a sleppers dogs, when I was 14... so................................................. :(

Big D
04-23-2004, 01:16 PM
A friend was desperate to get rid of his decade-old bar of 'Official ET Movie Soap' so he gave it to me. It was a gift, so I'm morally obliged not to throw it out. That was over half a decade ago... that thing's actually a relic from the '80s, and it's complete and in the original packaging, so it's probably worth a fortune to some obsessed collector:p

Peegee
04-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Sell it on ebay for a penny and demand ppl pay for shipping.

I've never had thoughtless gifts, but I *DO* have some things that I might as well throw away: a M&M hollowed out figurine that I'm supposed to put M&Ms inside (I ate them all already), for example. I can't think of anything else, because I usually just throw things away without remembering what they are.

Morally obligated not to throw away? My sir, your morals are beyond reproach.

Loony BoB
04-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Oddly enough, a "Make your own crystal" thingy. I threw out the crystal-stuffs and the rocks it came with, kept the container and put other presents in it and kept the magnifying glass (although it sucks in comparison to the one I already have, to be honest) which also came with it.

Logan
04-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Tan gloves from old navy.

DMKA
04-23-2004, 05:25 PM
A pack of 5 multi-colored pencils with my first name on them -___-.

escobert
04-23-2004, 05:26 PM
an application for mcdonalds or a plastic nurses kit... my brothers are evil....

PeTeRL90
04-23-2004, 05:30 PM
A wig.

I don't know why... but someone gave me a wig before.

GrimmReaper
04-23-2004, 06:04 PM
I was forced to shovel dog messes throughout my entire backyard ( on the day of my birfday).

Kirobaito
04-23-2004, 06:05 PM
My friend gave me a shoelace. But just the one. He could have atleast given me 2.

Fuzakeru
04-23-2004, 06:19 PM
See . . . I'd enjoy odd, random gifts like that. The worst gifts ever are the completely thoughtless bath and body BS women give each other.

. . . although one year I got a stick. *Sighs* I miss my stick. :cry:

ZuZu
04-23-2004, 06:40 PM
I was a 16 when my granny gave me some fabric that I can make a sheet to myself. Great, and I really love doing sheets :mad2:

Next time she should gave some scrap to my brother " do a car for yourself "

Rainecloud
04-23-2004, 07:56 PM
A copy of "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" for my NES.

Hoo boy, that game sucked.

Dr Unne
04-23-2004, 08:04 PM
A black shirt with a large neon green fish on the front.

Mikztsu
04-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Warm hand. :cry: I mean a handshake.

I remmeber when I was a little kid, I was expecting a huge present from my uncle, and he just said: " I'll give you a warm handshake". >< :mad2:

TasteyPies
04-24-2004, 12:28 AM
I always ask for giftcards and $$

Never get a bad gift there

Shlup
04-24-2004, 05:16 AM
It was pretty dissapointing when I was at my birthday party and my dad went out to smoke and came back with a grocery bag with a plastic chess set and two cans of silly string and said happy birthday. I mean, wow.

I believe this was the same year my stepdad (who had only just started seeing my mom at the time) gave me a globe. It was my 8th birthday. I was baffled.

Random Tonberry
04-24-2004, 08:00 AM
Hmmm, bad gifts...well I got alot of nothing's for birthdays and christams, but at 17 I was heavy into my goth stage and my foster mom gave me a bottle of sunless tanner for Christmas, 18th birthday my boyfriend got me five cds (all of which were cd's he'd been wanting from bands he knew I hated) Oh and at 12/13 my grandma gave me a pair of the most horrid, brown/green yarn slippers, but ya gotta love grandma.

Meat Puppet
04-24-2004, 09:46 AM
I've never had gift I didn't like. btw I'm accepting any gifts you're willjng to send p,su I'm drunk :mad2:

TheAbominatrix
04-24-2004, 09:49 AM
A metal number puzzle. Ya know, where the numbers are messed up and you have to get them back in order. Yeah it was for my 20th birthday. My stepgramma dislikes me very much, she always gives me crap. I like odd stuff, but she's mean.

Breine
04-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Last Christmas I got a really bad gift and I was disappointed:

Me and my best friend agreed to give each other gifts last christmas. He told me to really get him a fantastic gift or else he would be really sad. Okay, I said and the next day I went out and bought him one of his favorite movies: Men In Black 2 (He really loves it). I naturally assumed that he also would get me this great gift, but he didn't. Instead he gave me a CD full of really lame songs for kids! I think he wanted to be funny, but he really wasn't... :eep:

Bernie
04-27-2004, 05:14 AM
I don't receive bad gifts, since I usually just get money and a card.

The only gift I can think of that I hated was getting this DVD of a movie that I hate (can't remember what it is). I never opened it, so it's just sitting with two inches of dust on it with the rest of the DVDs.

:roll:

black orb
04-27-2004, 05:22 AM
>>> A red shirt..

frr_vegeta
04-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Bug spray. A close second would have to be Canadian tire money.

Polaris
04-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Once when I was a little girl i was expecting a car or a horse of Barbie and I remember that my parents gave "The beauty and the best" tape.

it was sad because my cousin had a lot of gifts about Barbie and I didn't!

Buffy
04-28-2004, 02:10 PM
1:Nothing
2:A bugger
3:a paper clip
4:a box
5:something you dislike

Iceglow
04-28-2004, 02:25 PM
I was a kid and I some how ended up with a barbie doll given to me on my 11th birthday by a neighbour she was like 87 and thought I was a girl after that I shaved my below shoulder length hair off completely I never lived that down.

Uhh my 18th I was set up with Kelly Osbourne (yes as in Ozzy's daughter, the horrid little bitch who is approximately 4'11" in heels) at a london rock club by a mate who noticed she was in the club that night due to her performance at the Game On festival the next day. Knowning I hate Kelly Osbourne my mates all found it hillariously funny when I had to pull her to get her of my case. This has to be the worst gift ever in my opinion. still I got the satisfaction of watching several hundred people throw over 1700 bottles of water on stage at her during her performance. one of the Kerrang spokeswomen had said earlier that day "please do not throw bottles of water at the stage theres a lot of electronics and we dont want any performers to get electrocuted" about an hour before her performance. In reality we know they were asking us to do it to her

Calliope
04-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Chocolate.

Actually, that's a pretty good gift, because I leave it lying around the house and my flatmate eats it and then feels bad because firstly it wasn't hers to eat, and secondly, she's on weight watchers. So it's fun to watch her suffer!

Ran Ciel
04-29-2004, 08:18 AM
It may seem heartless, but...a mix CD from one of my friends of all of her favorite songs...all of which I hate. It's still collecting dust, sitting on my desk as we speak.

Miriel
04-29-2004, 09:16 AM
An SAT prep book. When I was 7 :mad:

Taru-Waru
04-29-2004, 07:56 PM
I got a broken-woken yoyo and a McDonald's happymeal beanie baby moose for Christmas once...

Ouch!
04-29-2004, 10:56 PM
For the past three years for my birthday and, mind you and, Christmas my Aunt has been giving me cheap nutcrackers. I swear, if she sends another one I might explode.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
07-28-2004, 03:17 AM
A power ranger doll I was like 10.

Polyonymous
07-28-2004, 03:24 AM
me and my friend used to always joke about giveing each other things like deoderant, toothpaste, socks, and other stuff similar to that...... until one day (that just happend to be my birthday) he gave them to me as a joke.... then he gave me my real present, it was a movie.

Michiru
07-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Possibly the FFXI PC set, I couldn't stand it because of all the other useless junk.

Tenken
07-28-2004, 03:56 AM
Well one time I got this piece o' pie for joining a forum. . . it was pretty bad(I think it was blue berry or something).

Polyonymous
07-28-2004, 04:00 AM
hey that hurts, i baked it myself. It was apple pie, APPLE!

Yamaneko
07-28-2004, 04:58 AM
theyukishwarrior, please don't revive old topics.