PDA

View Full Version : Iron Chef America: Battle of the Masters

Lord Chainsaw
04-23-2004, 06:20 PM
Iron Chef America: Battle of the Masters starts tonight on the Food Network.

I'm really stoked up about watching it. I've been waiting a long time to see the greatest chefs of Food Network go up against the invincible men of the culinary arts, The Iron Chefs.

These battle are going to be real exciting. The first fight is going to be Bobby Flay vs. Iron Chef French Hiroyuki Sakai which will happen tonight.

Personally, I'm rooting for Iron Chef Sakai. Sakai is my favorite Iron Chef, and him going up against that sore loser Flay makes me want to root for him even more.

His opponent, Bobby Flay, is a sore loser. A while back he went up against Iron Chef Japanese, Masaharu Morimoto. Morimoto beat him. Flay then complained and whined that his equipment was sabotaged before the battle. Yeah, whatever.

You can get the full stats on all the combatants as well as all the info on the upcoming battles here:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ia/text/0,,FOOD_16696_19048,00.html

It's gonna be one incredible weekend.

Who will make history? Who will be history?

Lord Chainsaw
04-24-2004, 04:48 AM
Well, Sakai just lost.

Unbelievable.

Sakai's dishes were clearly much better than Flay's. I've just been over at the Food Network board and everyone knows that that fight was RIGGED.

Seriously, Flay was churning out dishes that had nothing to do with the theme ingredient, Trout. Even if the ingredient wasn't trout, he still would have pulled out the same tacos or guacamole.

Sakai on the other hand brought out the trout in his dishes. Every dish didn't try to mask the flavor of the trout, but instead exploited it. He clearly used the ingredient better than Flay, who cooked around it instead of with it.

The only reason Flay won was because there wasn't a single asian judge on the panel. Obviously they are going to choose Flay's dishes, because they're more familiar with American cuisine. If this had taken place in Japanese Kitchen Stadium it wouldn't even have been close.

Sakai clearly should have won.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's battle, Mario vs. Morimoto. Although I like both chefs, I hope that Morimoto can avenge Sakai. I doubt it will happen though. Sakai gets another shot on Sunday, versus Wolfgang Puck.

Mr. Graves
04-24-2004, 05:20 AM
Iron Chef is actually quite entertaining, when I actually get around to viewing it, which isn't often at all.

I've not seen America, though I'm guessing it's along the same lines, only it's a U.S. production rather than a Japanese one. (Am I right?)

Teek
04-30-2004, 11:38 PM
I've not seen America, though I'm guessing it's along the same lines, only it's a U.S. production rather than a Japanese one. (Am I right?)

Yeah, basically. In fact, it's so close I can barely tell the difference between the two. I was expecting to compare and contrast the two versions, but they are so similiar I forgot that this wasn't just Iron Chef in general. It's just Iron Chef with Americans on the panel.

Peegee
05-01-2004, 01:11 AM
I've watched IC America once, and it disgusted me. Maybe in some parts of the world that sort of thing is both entertaining and impressive, but I wasn't the least bit impressed.

The 'original' Iron Chefs are masters, and some half-wit american 'chef' shouldn't be able to beat them. Pah.