PDA

View Full Version : A (Minor) quick question on (fast food) Morals

Mr. Graves
04-24-2004, 05:47 AM
So I was with my sister in her fancy sports car and she went through the drive-thru of a local Taco Bell. Of course, everyone should know that everyone once in a while, Fast food workers tend to mess up in several ways. Such as, ruin your order, think they're funny and spit in/dirty up your food, or give you the wrong food, or just give you less food than you paid for. It's part of the joys of having young-uns in need of cash fix stuff you're likely to inject in yourself, all for the savings of a half an hour of your precious time.

But, what if they made the mistake of Giving you more food than you ever wanted? Let's say, you paid for about $10 worth of food, only to get back about $35-$40 worth, My sister got roughly 4x what she actually paid for.

The premise of this thread is in fact very simple. Imagine you're in the same situation as my sis. Would just drive off with your food, or would you go in and tell the people working that you've gotten the wrong order?

The Captain
04-24-2004, 05:49 AM
I'd return it all because Taco Bell makes me sick...

However, I think I'd do the right thing and give back what wasn't supposed to be mine. It might seem silly or annoying, but every little bit helps to make the world a better place.

Take care all.

Yamaneko
04-24-2004, 05:54 AM
I'd only be stealing from a souless corporation, so no. I'd invite more friends over and have a good time eating.

Del Murder
04-24-2004, 05:59 AM
It's mine! All mine! Food is fine because it is not as easily kept track of, so the kids won't get in trouble for it. If they gave me too much change I would give it back because things like that could get them in trouble.

Stayin Dizzy
04-24-2004, 07:03 AM
I'd return it simply because I wouldn't want it done to me.

Random Tonberry
04-24-2004, 07:51 AM
It's happened to me several times, I've always returned the food. I don't need the extra food, especially not extra fast food. That stuff is bad enough as it is, why would I want more? Aside from all that, there is something about being honest that makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.

Strider
04-24-2004, 08:09 AM
They screwed up, not my fault. I take the food and run every time.

Burtsplurt
04-24-2004, 08:29 AM
I'd give it back because I wouldn't want it. Technically I wouldn't be at a fast-food restaurant in the first place, but that's another matter...

I usually give things back. Only times I don't is when I have a dislike for the company in question.

Meat Puppet
04-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Sorry I'm not into eating mechanically regurgitated cow shit. As much as I try, the stuff they serve at McDonalds I never can digest properly and end up vomitting the painful blood over the tiles.

Spuuky
04-24-2004, 10:56 AM
I'd only be stealing from a souless corporation, so no. I'd invite more friends over and have a good time eating.
Most "soulless corporations" are privately owned and are only connected to the franchise in the sense that they buy from the same distributors and have the legal right to use the name and are therefore subject to inspections by the franchise.

But aside from that, having worked in fast food, employees almost never spit in your food or whatever other disgusting dirty things you can imagine. It did not happen where I worked, even a single time while I was there. It doesn't happen at other restaurants here, either. Perhaps it's just this area. Except that it's not. You people are paranoid. They also don't ruin your order or give you less than you order intentionally. I guess if the employee is particularly malicious and you treat them like they're scum just because they're working in fast food, then they might be tempted, but it really doesn't happen often if ever.

And if anyone disagrees with me I'm going to say it's just the few people you know personally.

Psychotic
04-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Sure, I'd give it back...

...I'D HURL IT AT THEIR WINDOWS!

DMKA
04-24-2004, 01:51 PM
That all depends on whos in the car with me...

Errrm uh I mean OF COURSE I'D RETURN IT! :angel:

*Watches out for the Chuaua swat team*

Loony BoB
04-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Back in NZ, whenever we had about ten or more people ordering at McDonalds or something, I'd make sure that we got our food to go, and then go through the bags saying "Hey, you've missed a cheeseburger and two fries" or something, and they'd always give us one without even checking. :D It was great on those school outings, we would get craploads of extras.

Peegee
04-24-2004, 03:47 PM
There's this dual franchaise setup (chicken and um...I dunno, let's say tacos) that my brother went to as he was gallavanting through your fair country this one time. They gave him way too much food, as in, he ordered from one establishment and got food from both.

So he ate it all. The funny thing is they couldn't really do anything against him because they gave him the food, so employees kept coming by and staring at him :p

Dr Unne
04-24-2004, 04:14 PM
If someone started handing me bag after bag of food and I knew it wasn't mine, I'd say "Hey, this isn't mine". If they gave me a bag and I got home and then discovered there was more food in there than I ordered, I wouldn't drive back to the place or anything, I'd just keep it.

TasteyPies
04-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah Dr. Unne you always have the best answers

If i ordered a small fry and a small coke and they gave me a large fry and large coke and 2 hamburgers i wouldnt say anything

If i ordered 5 hamburgers and they gave me 15 I would say soemthing

escobert
04-24-2004, 05:07 PM
It's mine! All mine! Food is fine because it is not as easily kept track of, so the kids won't get in trouble for it. If they gave me too much change I would give it back because things like that could get them in trouble.

same here.

Logan
04-24-2004, 06:17 PM
It's happened to my family before, and my dad always kept it. If it were up to me, I'd give it back.

Kirobaito
04-24-2004, 06:18 PM
If it was Taco Bell, I'd return it. If it was Taco Bueno, I'd keep it.

LH
04-25-2004, 03:17 AM
I'd keep it. They won't miss it and I wonder if they can even re-sell the food after I already handled it. If it was money or something that could potentially get someone fired I'd return it.

Calliope
04-25-2004, 08:56 AM
take the money and run!

Yamaneko
04-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Most "soulless corporations" are privately owned and are only connected to the franchise in the sense that they buy from the same distributors and have the legal right to use the name and are therefore subject to inspections by the franchise.
Is Taco Bell a franchise? I don't know.

Doomgaze
04-25-2004, 07:56 PM
as far as I know, they can't resell it anyway.

DMKA
04-25-2004, 09:41 PM
As far as YOU know indeed. :D

m4tt
04-25-2004, 10:31 PM
With all the times that taco bell has messed up my orders, I'd keep it. Last time I went to taco bell, we had to go back TWICE because they kept forgetting things. Finally ended up getting our money back and going elsewhere.