PDA

View Full Version : status spells

Tick
04-25-2004, 05:22 AM
can someone tell me what affects status spells? by stat. spells i mean the spells that try to inflict an abnormal status on enemies eg. sleep, confuse, darkness etc. is there a stat that affects the success of these spells? especially for Beowulf because his magic sword attacks don'd have a great percent hit rate. also, what classes other than temple knight and knight can the magic sword be used for? i know that samurai class doesnt allow the magic sword ability to be used.

Mwork
04-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Status spells are mainly affected by Faith, both the caster's and the target's. The higher the Faith, the higher rate of success for status spells. More MA (Magic Attack) will also raise your chances of hitting with a status spell.

You can use Magic Sword with any Job, actually. The only requirement for using that skillset is that you have a sword equipped. So, if the Job doesn't naturally use swords, just use Equip Sword as your support ability.

DocFrance
04-25-2004, 06:30 PM
There's a guide at gamefaqs.com that gives a very thorough explanation of how to calculate things like that. But, yeah, status spells are ususally affected by the caster's Faith (and perhaps his or her MA) and the target's Faith.

crono_logical
04-25-2004, 09:31 PM
The fact it's affected by the faith of the one it's being cast on can be useful. If they have a really low faith, then the status spell will most likely miss, or in the case of other spells, do little damage (never hit or do 0 damage to Worker 9 since his faith is 0). Of course, it also means using healing magic becomes a problem too for those characters :p

Lachlan
04-27-2004, 08:25 PM
ok so threw my post on Brave/Faith and this post on Status spells and the link posted above I got a pretty good idea about how that all works. One questoin I have though is does Faith incease the efectiveness of the status altering ability of Mustadio's Snipe skill set? Its not magic, and brave does not work with normal guns. (I am only on the begining of chapter 4 this time around)

Edgar
04-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Photographic memory of battle mech. tells me no.

If I remember guns depend on speed. Aim arm and Aim Leg is using the formula (speed +50) while Seal evil is (speed + 70).

That is all.

Mwork
04-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Normal gun damage is based on the particular gun's Weapon Power. Spellgun damage is based on Faith (caster's and target's).

The Snipe skillset does rely on Mustadio's Speed, though.

ShadyMilkman
04-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Randomthought: What determines the chances of the extra status attached to some weapons. i.e.: Sleep for Sleep sword and the chance of the extra attack like Fire on Fire Rod....

Mwork
04-30-2004, 03:00 AM
Those have a set probability of the added status occurring. Those two have a 25% chance of hitting.

For more of these types of questions, just take a look at the FFT Battle Mechanics Guide at gamefaqs.com

It's got all the answers.

ShadyMilkman
05-02-2004, 03:35 PM
...well that's boring. they should make it where if you spend countless hours dedicated to mindless slaughter and leveling up, that it hits EVERY time!!!

Edgar
05-08-2004, 08:12 AM
As if hitting your own teammates for exp and jp was not enough...