PDA

View Full Version : EoFF is, apparently, something awful. Prepare yourselves.

Cid
04-25-2004, 08:13 AM
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2111&p=6

1. This may be funny to some, not funny to others. I expect a lot of upset people tomorrow.
2. Try not to get too offended. I'm just giving you the heads up.
3. I'm not taking any "legal action", so don't start that. To my knowledge, what they've done is legal. I'm tied up here. Sorry.

Shlup
04-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Woo-hoo! This is fantastic. *reads*

EDIT: Damn, they found the prom thread.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-25-2004, 08:24 AM
<font size=7 style="font-size: 42pt;">HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!</font>

Shlup
04-25-2004, 08:30 AM
"I wish ISP Terms of Service Agreements had a "Don't be a [censored] moron" clause."

Don't we all, princess... Don't we all.

Calliope
04-25-2004, 08:31 AM
YES! :D

Meat Puppet
04-25-2004, 08:32 AM
You're famous! I believe I'm not mentioned there though, how horrible to I feel

They really studied you guys, I wouldn't feel ashamed I'd be proud someone could do such an thing :S :love:

Rainecloud
04-25-2004, 08:33 AM
As an avid fan of Final Fantasy I never go outside or socialize with anyone. I love all my level 99 characters with maxed stats and all the super special weapons and that one summon that takes roughly four days to get. My playtime is at 426 hours and 7 minutes.

How did they know? xD

Damn, that's hilarious.

Meow
04-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Most notably, they truncated BOU's foot deodorizer post.

i am sad that i was not included. :(

Spuuky
04-25-2004, 08:38 AM
They neglected me and so they're obviously fools.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-25-2004, 08:39 AM
I love how Cid linked to a Something Awful feature that itself links at one point to a certain different Something Awful feature that was the focus of a thread here sometime in 2000, and also to which Mandee seriously wasn't looking to let me link just a while ago.

Meat Puppet
04-25-2004, 08:40 AM
I'm really sad I read all through that and didn't find me, I want those assholes to come back and say something funny about me grrr what lazies :mad:

Rainecloud
04-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Judging from their attitudes, I'd say that they don't understand our humour. What I mean is - we here at EoFF have perfected our sarcasm over the years. In fact, our hilarious witticisms and unbelievably clever insults are just too funny for these 'Something Awful' morons.

You can't just stroll into EoFF, take a few screenshots and start declaring 'this' and 'that' all over the place. Oh, no. For example, they think BoB is a stupid newbie who shouldn't be a moderator. They also think Mik is a pervert. Worst of all - they think I'm a 300 pound fat slob who sits in his room playing Final Fantasy all day long.

Or maybe they're just having a little joke. ;)

Random Tonberry
04-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Ahh Spokker Jones. The dude has issues. I've had to deal with hime before. His AIM name is CardCaptorSpok, his livejournal used to be http://www.livejournal.com/users/spok, but after a bunch of us found out he was just an idiot Xena fanboi we bombarded his journal with nifty comments and he deleted his account. It's funny how a guy with nothing better to do than rummage through message board after message board thinks he's somehow better than the rest of us.

Mikztsu
04-25-2004, 08:47 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! This is the funniest thing I've EVER read.

Guess they took my stalking thing seriously, 'cause it was meant as a joke. But they're right, I'm a perv. :)

Shlup
04-25-2004, 08:49 AM
B-but RT... its funny!

SPECK LED DONKEY: http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2111&p=6
teh mike plz: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
SPECK LED DONKEY: Note that a post by you is on there
teh mike plz: explative deleted.
(teh mike plz = GokuKid)

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-25-2004, 08:50 AM
This made my day.
Rainey dear. Lighten up.

I have never laughed so hard.

Random Tonberry
04-25-2004, 08:55 AM
ShlupQuack, Yeah, this time it's funny. When I had to deal with him before it was because he added the AIM handles and email address's of a bunch of my friends. They were relentlessly harassed by SA idiots to a point where they had to close their AIm and email accounts, it sucked, so we payed him back.

Big Ogre Umaro
04-25-2004, 08:59 AM
<font size=7 style="font-size: 42pt;">HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!</font>
Quoted for truth, good sir.

Cid
04-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Well, I don't think the people pictured on that webpage are gonna be to happy.

Shlup
04-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Well, I don't think the people pictured on that webpage are gonna be to happy.I don't see how anyone can be too upset. Obviously the people who wrote this know nothing about the posters. Well, except when they directly insulted people's poetry. xD

LoveJones
04-25-2004, 09:04 AM
oh them crazy somethingawful people, what WONT they do

Sugpo2
04-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Suck lollies, kings of New Orleans. I loved looking through the prime examples of what makes you all twiddlepuffs.

Big Ogre Umaro
04-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Ahh Spokker Jones. The dude has issues. I've had to deal with hime before. His AIM name is CardCaptorSpok, his livejournal used to be http://www.livejournal.com/users/spok, but after a bunch of us found out he was just an idiot Xena fanboi we bombarded his journal with nifty comments and he deleted his account. It's funny how a guy with nothing better to do than rummage through message board after message board thinks he's somehow better than the rest of us.
Contrary to this post, Spokker is in actuality better than the rest of us. :)

Sugpo2 is also a rebel without a cause on the internet. :)

Rainecloud
04-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Hi, Sugpo. :)

Meat Puppet
04-25-2004, 09:30 AM
I'd be fine if they'd mentioned me. I hate being left out, but I like seeing my name places even if it's flaming or saying bad stuff or whatever. Besides, they didn't say bad stuff for everyone, take HOOTERses for example.

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Oh my God, it's been a while since I laughed like that. That was great. I am so proud. I'd just like to thank everyone here that made this possible. I'm near considering paying that $9.95 just to get access to their forums as Loony BoB with my shiney Newbie title. But then I got told that their posts in the thread are pretty much full of "lol" and crap. The fact that my boob on head thread makes me proud.

EDIT: Bugger it, Ł5.77 isn't that much. *registers*

Big Ogre Umaro
04-25-2004, 09:32 AM
^^^ Register anyway. It's a great forum. edit: good job

Hey Meat Puppet did they mention you? I'm really interested to find out whether they mentioned you or not. Do you think you could post again to clear up this confusion?

Meat Puppet
04-25-2004, 09:48 AM
I was neglected along with some other people that were neglected with me. One day it'll be my day. One day I'll be famous.

Shlup
04-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Along with some other people? You expect them to post a picture for every member or something?

Meat Puppet
04-25-2004, 10:02 AM
I was hoping to be one of those special people.

Rainecloud
04-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Don't worry. The prestige wears off after about five minutes.

Nait
04-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Eh, didn't laugh, really. I think the "car-accident" analogy is appropriate here - you know you shouldn't, but you just can't tear your eyes away from it.

And I rather think they didn't get any really good parts. :\

Strider
04-25-2004, 11:13 AM
I didn't really like it at all. Maybe it's because it's something I'm a part of. I don't really know. It would've been a bigger problem if I'd been included somehow, though, so I'm thankful I wasn't.

Peegee
04-25-2004, 11:25 AM
I was quoted as a newbie rapist. Is that good?

I was also quoted as something else but it wasn't shown.

Then there was that 'I want to have sex before I go off to the war". Classic.

Oh, and prepare for an onslaught of spam. I would

Baloki
04-25-2004, 11:43 AM
OMG, they got my cat post, OMG yes

CLASSIC, I must e-mail them *goes off to e-mail them*

Oh and the first 3/4 people who had their picture shown can sue them because they used an image without the orginal phographers permission.

Edit: 2 mentions so far :D

Fuzakeru
04-25-2004, 11:55 AM
. . . I was featured twice. *Blinks then falls out of her chair laughing* That's to great!! . . . he said I was a pig-wrestlin, cousin marrying redneck and that . . . I made sense. >_> He's more of a moron than we all thought.
*Runs off to tell Boyfriend he is a [censored] moron as well*

Honestly though, think about it - they didn't even find the good threads to wave in our faces. *Evil Snicker*

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Oh and the first 3/4 people who had their picture shown can sue them because they used an image without the orginal phographers permission.
Of course, putting an image onto the internet is making that image public - they can pretty much do what they want with it once you "give" it to them by posting it into a thread that you know is of public access.

Baloki
04-25-2004, 12:03 PM
True, I forgot they are kind of giving them when posting.

Edit: They left out my sig, damn them and their way of stopping my free advertising *growls*

Mikztsu
04-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Those posts from that prom thread are the best.

Maxico
04-25-2004, 12:14 PM
That was the funniest thing EVER

Dew Drop
04-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Should I be proud or mortified that I appear there twice in different forms? xDD Dew Drop on the second page and the discussion of my engagement on the last page. xPPPPPPP *dies* Oh the shame of the pink text. *falls down*

Heath
04-25-2004, 01:01 PM
And they neglected me. Suddenly life isn't worth living.

Agent Proto
04-25-2004, 01:24 PM
Score. I wasn't even mentioned.

It would be cool if I was.

sora
04-25-2004, 01:26 PM
im famous yeah
gets his bazooza

RSL
04-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Heh.

Don't get too upset if they made fun of you. They make fun of everyone over there. I'm almost sad that I didn't get made fun of. I'd be famous!

Erdrick Holmes
04-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Oh man, Ansem's gonna cry if he see's this.

Mr. Graves
04-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Yay for 'net fame.

Erdrick Holmes
04-25-2004, 02:45 PM
I got mentioned. I don't know how to feel right now.

Mr. Graves
04-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Actually they could've done a better job of trying to offend me instead of just calling me a 46 year-old. That age isn't all THAT old.

>_>

<_<

^_^

Weeaakk, I tell ya.

Phil
04-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Gee I didnt even get mentioned. I should be the "unrecognized member" :(
Ya know, I guess they're just those people that get fun out of making fun of others. If they wanna be that way, let 'em for all I care. However I just wish they wouldnt make fun of EoFF. A year here and I still come because I love this place. It cant be as bad as they say.

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Gee I didnt even get mentioned. I should be the "unrecognized member" :(
Ya know, I guess they're just those people that get fun out of making fun of others. If they wanna be that way, let 'em for all I care. However I just wish they wouldnt make fun of EoFF. A year here and I still come because I love this place. It cant be as bad as they say.
You obviously don't know Something Awful very well - if ANY place is as bad as they say it is, I'd be bloody scared. And actually a bit tempted to find it just to see what happens there.

Phil
04-25-2004, 03:02 PM
You obviously don't know Something Awful very well - if ANY place is as bad as they say it is, I'd be bloody scared. And actually a bit tempted to find it just to see what happens there.-Loony BoB

I've never even heard of the website before. Is it really that bad?

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 03:03 PM
They make fun of anything and everything, pretty much. It's just a good laugh for the most part.

Shoyku
04-25-2004, 03:03 PM
I wasn't picked fun at, either. :| It's times like these, I remind myself I should post more.

HOOTERS
04-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Besides, they didn't say bad stuff for everyone, take HOOTERses for example.

Did you miss the part where it said CURRENT Simpson's staff writer? :cry: :cry: I agree with the guy though, all my best material was in earlier episodes. :smash::smash:

Rye
04-25-2004, 03:20 PM

*dies laughing*

They hate my writing xD I gotta admit, it was horrible then.

Mikztsu
04-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Yeah, there's not many forums of which they <i>couldn't</i> make fun like that. Stuff that you can be made fun of happens at every board.

Daryl
04-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Hm. I found this hilarious, but at the same time, a bit discouraging. How do they pick what to make fun of? Was it someone who is currently, or previously, a member here who gave them the idea - or did the article?

If so, that's just sad. Grow up.

And I hope I don't get a bunch of unsolicted messages on the AIM name of mine displayed. Meh.

Edit: They got one of my freakin' typos. Jerks.

Mikztsu
04-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Hm. I found this hilarious, but at the same time, a bit discouraging. How do they pick what to make fun of? Was it someone who is currently, or previously, a member here who gave them the idea - or did the article?

If so, that's just sad. Grow up.

And I hope I don't get a bunch of unsolicted messages on the AIM name of mine displayed. Meh.

Direct quote from the end of that article: "Do you know of an awful forum that should be included in a future update? Send in a link! " Someone/s just linked them.

I know if I was a member of SA, I would've linked EoFF to them just outta' curiousity and fun. :)

Cid
04-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Apparently they charge a registration fee on the boards. I should really do that. I also heard something about $50 lets you ban anyone... interesting.

HOOTERS
04-25-2004, 03:52 PM
If it was an actual posting member of EoFF who wrote the article they would have had a whole page dedicated to Faris_The_Guy.

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Apparently they charge a registration fee on the boards. I should really do that. I also heard something about $50 lets you ban anyone... interesting.
Yup - I paid $9.95 to get access there. And there other different level accounts (eg, SA Platinum). But when you have $2,000 bandwidth worth of people coming through, I suppose you can find enough people to make it worthwhile. :p

Erdrick Holmes
04-25-2004, 04:04 PM

I'll go halfsies on that one.

Blackmage
04-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Eh heh heh... Heh... SA seems like a bunch of ignorant morons that could probably better spend their time doing something else. Bunch of poops.

...Lemme at 'em! I'll force my cats to mercilessly claw their eyes out!!

Logan
04-25-2004, 04:10 PM
I saw that in Rei's journal. Haha. Why am I not there? D=

Dr Unne
04-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Registration is disabled for a while now. I don't find that kind of site too funny, but to each his/her own. I think I outgrew the old "making fun of other people makes me seem cool" thing sometime in middle school.

Knox
04-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Well, I thought it was funny. :mad2:

It'd be cool if I had been mocked. I ought to visit this forum more often. Even though I was kind of sort of a little bit involved in one of the posts made by Danny there. :)

Citizen Bleys
04-25-2004, 05:00 PM
I bloody well love it.

SA is like BetaFF, except actually funny.

EDIT: And 'Kishi, I can't find the link to that other article you mentioned. Help me out?

escobert
04-25-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm really sad I read all through that and didn't find me, I want those assholes to come back and say something funny about me grrr what lazies :mad:

I know I'm something awful and I didn't even make it :mad2:

White Raven
04-25-2004, 05:21 PM
lol

I found oot aboot this from a friend who just sent the link, and asked if the name and the UofT thing was a coincidence. And to tell you the truth I couldn't be happier that I was reconized (cause I'm hardly reconized here :P). I wish there was a callender coming out too!

lol

Advent Child
04-25-2004, 05:24 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that I'm first on the list. I clicked it to find a picture of me. Oh well.

And does anyone understand that calendar bit?
Edit: Or is that calendar thing not pertaining to me? And just in general? I still don't understand.

gokufusionss1
04-25-2004, 05:24 PM
I am both happy and dissapionted that i wasn't cited as an example.

look i'm zany nal;h0jfpwsiog

White Raven
04-25-2004, 05:30 PM
And does anyone understand that calendar bit?
Edit: Or is that calendar thing not pertaining to me? And just in general? I still don't understand.

If you look at the later comments, they refer to the picture below the post.

Del Murder
04-25-2004, 05:32 PM
I guess I'm in the minority of people who didn't find it funny at all. I'm all for poking fun at myself, but it actually has to be good material. They could have tried a little harder. The HOOTERS post was the only one that had anything going for it. Then again it's just some website so I shouldn't be expecting Daily Show-like material from it. The best part is that it gets publicity for the site, good or bad, all publicity is good publicity.

Advent Child
04-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Aww, so I DON'T get a calendar?
So now I'm "Presenting the men of Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums." Okay. Can someone interpret that one, too please?

gokufusionss1
04-25-2004, 05:42 PM
i'm going to ask them to come back because they missed out so many of us.

this spaniard is right about one thing we do need to get chitrose to shut up.

Doomgaze
04-25-2004, 05:43 PM
To be fair, that poetry was awful.

Advent Child: some people get calendars with pictures of people in them, not like your Kitty Cats 2004 one.

Andex
04-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Lol.. SA is a noob forum.. I'd like to see them try and do that to Cheatlist.. if the forums were still up lol.. We'd crush them.

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
04-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Those posts from that prom thread are the best.

I know, it wasn't pathetic that I had to wait 8 hours for my date, it was tragic.

Some of those were hella funny, like Raine's FF play-time, The girl Gau asked to prom, Hooters and The Man being a chick magnet. I dunno how they forgot pr00t hamburger-eating ninja, and the vey odd poem thread with Nicky and Del? and the ultimate Faris_the_guy believing me and Linus that to masturbate you need to play with your ears.

Sephex
04-25-2004, 06:06 PM
They didn't use edczxcvbnm. I am so upset!

Erdrick Holmes
04-25-2004, 06:13 PM
I only got one refrence on my geekiness.

Linus
04-25-2004, 06:13 PM
I wish they would've found my April Fool's 2003 thread.

;_;

Oh, that's right, it was deleted.

CloudDragon
04-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Haha, I wonder if they realize the can of worms they just opened.

That wasy funny. :D

Breine
04-25-2004, 06:34 PM
They didn't make fun of one of my replies :cry: Oh well, it was funny anyways! :D

MecaKane
04-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Oh woe is me! I wasn't one of the 4000 members they could've used! Oh, I'm such a loser and nobody loves me! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Or maybe I don't act like a dumbass, enough. :o

Mikztsu
04-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Or maybe I don't act like a dumbass, enough. :o

Oh, I'm pretty sure that's not the issue in your case, Fetus. :smash:

Rainecloud
04-25-2004, 07:26 PM
I think I outgrew the old "making fun of other people makes me seem cool" thing sometime in middle school.

I guess that's how I feel. It was quite amusing to see my name there, though. It's strange, because I don't normally post things like that. Ah well, never mind. The people from that website obviously searched high and low through a lot of our threads to find stuff like that. Perhaps they've been monitoring us all for a few years now.

Yamaneko
04-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Haha, that was great. :D

Teek
04-25-2004, 07:31 PM
My god. I feel proud. Looks like my little EOFF is all grown up.

Baloki
04-25-2004, 07:34 PM
I guess that's how I feel. It was quite amusing to see my name there, though. It's strange, because I don't normally post things like that. Ah well, never mind. The people from that website obviously searched high and low through a lot of our threads to find stuff like that. Perhaps they've been monitoring us all for a few years now.

Or maybe they clicked the archive forum?

Rainecloud
04-25-2004, 07:37 PM
I don't think so.

Quite a number of the threads they've used as "examples" aren't even in the archives.

Casey
04-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Haha, that was great. :D

Yeah, I dont really care if they did that. Its just funny to laugh at are selves every once in awhile. I like the eoff prom one it was kinda funny. :p

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 07:47 PM
I've seen the thread where they posted the images over at SA, they didn't really dig much, they just have a crapload of members over there. It only takes two pages of about 20-30 people browsing the forums to get weird stuff. Considering they do it all the time, too, I think that they'd know the best way to get decent stuff. Search for certain words, go to archives, check for bad poetry in poetry forums and otherwise just grab the first thread they see and try to find something they can laugh at. :p It's not that difficult, really.

gokufusionss1
04-25-2004, 07:54 PM
the poetry is embarrisingly bad, i've stayed away from the whole arts fourm

Baloki
04-25-2004, 07:55 PM
If we know who the culprits are why have we not started a revenge thread and got our best one-liners on the job?

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 08:16 PM
[randomguyonAIM]: how do you enjoy the SA forums so far
DanieLoony: Uh, I dunno, I've had more people IM me today from SA than EoFF, and I've only posted at SA once.

Dude :(

Rainecloud
04-25-2004, 08:17 PM
You should pay up some money and ban some random people.

Just for a laugh and all.

Skogs
04-25-2004, 08:22 PM
the poetry is embarrisingly bad, i've stayed away from the whole arts fourm

Likewise, there's some good art there (really good where the likes of Dr Unne and Sita Atis are concerned) - but as far as literature and poetry is concerned, you'd be suprised at the crap that does get published (can anyone say Star Wars novels?), so you could understand my trepidation at approaching anything that hasn't. But neverthesless, it takes bravery to put something of your own creation onto the internet for the word to see, and it's a true coward who'll rip it to shreds in the way that SA did. Shame on them.

...but some of it was still quite funny.

Lindy
04-25-2004, 08:23 PM
It's funny because it's true. So very true.

<s>...Well about the poetry at least.</s> Actually, all of it. Especially the Prom thread.

Psychotic
04-25-2004, 08:27 PM
They have posts from EoEo mentioned, so I guess that means they have registered members. Can someone find out who they are (I'm assuming they're the people listed at the end of the report) and then rename them funny things =D?

Oh, and I imagine a lot of SA people are reading this thread. HI!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!oneone. I love you guys. Seriously. Marry me.

Yamaneko
04-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Check out the viewing number on this thread. Heh.

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 08:30 PM
They have posts from EoEo mentioned, so I guess that means they have registered members. Can someone find out who they are (I'm assuming they're the people listed at the end of the report) and then rename them funny things =D?
Of course, I'm registered there under the same name. Shhh! And I think only one or two people actually registered.

Check out the viewing number on this thread. Heh.
It's directly linked from SA now. :p

Kirobaito
04-25-2004, 08:37 PM
This is the funniest freakin' thing I've ever read. But I wasn't mentioned anywhere. I've gotta work on my stupidness, then. But one of my posts was right below some other ones that were listed on there. I would register, but I'm poor and ghetto. Oh well. They need to make more articles, so I'm listed. I WANNA BE MADE FUN OF!

Big Ogre Umaro
04-25-2004, 08:52 PM
You should pay up some money and ban some random people.

Just for a laugh and all.
1) that's stupid.
2) You can't actually do that.
3) It appears Random Tonberry lied so he could be cooler to the internet, as spok said he deleted his livejournal for a completely unrelated reason and not because he got SERVED DAWG by Ton and his friends. Why, Random Tonberry? Why?

Baloki
04-25-2004, 08:55 PM
1) that's stupid.
2) You can't actually do that.
3) It appears Random Tonberry lied so he could be cooler to the internet, as spok said he deleted his livejournal for a completely unrelated reason and not because he got SERVED DAWG by Ton and his friends. Why, Random Tonberry? Why?

I bring your attention to the fact that he is to be reffered to as Randy Tod

Shlup
04-25-2004, 08:55 PM
I swear to God the next person to post to whine that they didn't get made fun of is going to get punched in the face.

I only find this funny, really, because I've been a fan of SA for a long time. The Weekend Web feature is never very good and I usually just skim it, but its fun to have EoFF on there, even if most of the insults are pretty... lame.

Rainecloud
04-25-2004, 08:57 PM
...even if most of the insults are pretty... lame.

We could have directed the good people over at SA to some much more disturbing/entertaining threads.

Perhaps they could make it a regular feature.

Fuzakeru
04-25-2004, 09:04 PM
*Begins rant* The funny has sort of worn off a little and I have something to say about it - and I know people are going to not agree with me but - I sort of find it lame they used the poetry and am a tad bit insulted by the comment to all the poetry here in general. I've never found it right to judge other's emotional outlet ( even if it isn't up to par with poets through the years ). Their efforts could have been better spent. Using matterial from EoEo I believed was wrong too. That's also an emotional outlet. Basically - if it's meant to be serious, regardless of what is said, it should be respected and I think they crossed the line here.
Anything in General Chat and other places is free reign and I'm fine with being made fun of since I'm able to laugh at it but proding EoEo and the poetry was a bad move, in my humble opinion. *Ends rant*

. . . and by the way. I was mentioned TWICE!! Bwuahahaha! :p @ at those not mentioned.

bennator
04-25-2004, 09:09 PM
For some reason, I didn't find it funny at all.

crono_logical
04-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Pssh, most of the poetry does suck though, that's why I avoid that forum most of the time :p

I thought some of it was funny, but I think they could have done better for some of them :p

Shlup
04-25-2004, 09:15 PM
I don't think anyone ever said these guys aren't immature jerks, Fuzakeru. 'Cause they are. Immature jerks. <3

Fuzakeru
04-25-2004, 09:18 PM
I don't think anyone ever said these guys aren't immature jerks, Fuzakeru. 'Cause they are. Immature jerks. <3

:love:

Daryl
04-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Stop saying all the poetry (or even some) sucks. I mean, come on, guys. This SA deal doesn't make it okay for everyone to start ripping on the people here who are brave enough to post poems they write.

Doesn't matter if you like 'em or not; constructive criticism is one thing, telling people their work sucks is another thing, and unacceptable.

That is the thing that really kept me from enjoying the SA thing. The cliche humor of video game geeks was almost funny. But the personal attacks on people's poetry and personal photographs was just plain mean. And not in a funny manner.

Leeza
04-25-2004, 09:58 PM
<i> But the personal attacks on people's poetry and personal photographs was just plain mean. And not in a funny manner.</i> - Daryl

I agree. It's kind of hard for me to laugh at someone else's expense. If these posts weren't part of it though, it would be funny.

Phil
04-25-2004, 10:03 PM
They are probably lauging at us right now, but oh well. Its somewhat funny in the fact that it ...well, just is, but the thing is that they make fun of the poetry. I'd like to see them write better, and be brave enough to post it. Also, the personal attacks on individual people were rude. I just think its mean. But, whatever makes immature people happy.

Mikztsu
04-25-2004, 10:05 PM
I also agreed in what Daryl said about the pictures and now EoFF people here saying how all this poetry sucks. That's just mean. >=o!!!111!

Edit: Oh, who cares who's laughing at us and who's not; I stopped caring about stuff like that a long time ago. Makes the life a lot easier. :)

...or could just backfire in my face.

Rase
04-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Ugh, more poetry
http://www.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/spokkerjones~04-25-04_69.gif

Hey, my poetry doesn't suck!

*waits for others to agree, than finds himself alone* ;) :p

Anyway, funny stuff.

SomethingBig
04-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Ha, wow, I can't believe I was acknowledged.

Shadow Nexus
04-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Hahahahahahahah!!! XDDD

Damn it, they forgot me!

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 10:43 PM
They are probably lauging at us right now, but oh well. Its somewhat funny in the fact that it ...well, just is, but the thing is that they make fun of the poetry. I'd like to see them write better, and be brave enough to post it. Also, the personal attacks on individual people were rude. I just think its mean. But, whatever makes immature people happy.
Actually, although they might laugh at us (hey, we are too) - from the few people I've chatted to (from SA) about this, they actually think we're pretty cool for how we reacted. They're used to people being heartbroken about it, so when people like us are laid back enough to show some humility and laugh with them, they think it's neat. Well, just from the people who have chatted to me, anyway.

I agree that we should go around saying poetry sucks. I have poetry in there that's freaking cool, man. :D I don't get offended at all when people say that kind of stuff (more often than not they don't appreciate good poetry anyway), but just because I can handle it doesn't mean everyone can. Rules of EoFF apply - be civil and constructive. And specific.

Mikztsu
04-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Can we even view that Fora without paying?

Endless
04-25-2004, 10:55 PM
I swear to God the next person to post to whine that they didn't get made fun of is going to get punched in the face.

Punch me in the face, please. ;)

I found it okay. Could do better, though.

Brian
04-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Heh, that article reminded me of this place. :D

I gotta say it was humorous, though.

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Can we even view that Fora without paying?
Nope. =x

Fuzakeru
04-25-2004, 11:09 PM
Hey, my poetry doesn't suck!

I like your poetry. *Grins cynically* Let's get together and write a poem about SA. *Evil laughter until fade*

frr_vegeta
04-25-2004, 11:15 PM
It's odd that this person's title both says "Senior Site Staff" and "Newbie". Guess they just make anyone a moderator over there. That's why their no good kids are running wild.

This sort of thing is only possible when BoB is involved. :|

*back*

Skogs
04-25-2004, 11:42 PM
It's odd that this person's title both says "Senior Site Staff" and "Newbie". Guess they just make anyone a moderator over there. That's why their no good kids are running wild.

It's obvious that the SA lot have got sarcasm nailed, but haven't quite come to grips with irony...

frr_vegeta
04-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Irony would be if BoB was heading SA's spying on us.

Loony BoB
04-25-2004, 11:46 PM
*cough* Enough about me. >_>

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
04-26-2004, 12:37 AM

I couldn't help but think of Nazism there.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-26-2004, 12:40 AM
EDIT: And 'Kishi, I can't find the link to that other article you mentioned. Help me out?The link is in the comment on eternalshiva's post, which is second to last on <a href="http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2111&p=10">this</a> page.

black orb
04-26-2004, 01:16 AM
>>> funny stuff..

Erdrick Holmes
04-26-2004, 02:57 AM

Sugpo showed this to SA in exchange for candy.

frr_vegeta
04-26-2004, 02:59 AM
Sugpo showed this to SA in exchange for candy.
He had better damn well have enough for the rest of us.

Halan
04-26-2004, 03:02 AM
I found it to be hilarious that I haven't even really been to EoFF in two years and yet I was familiar with many of the posts that they had listed. And honestly, the Gender Switch Thread was one of the funniest threads ever created.

I don't like poetry all the much, I think its annoying to read because the person who writes it thinks it awesome and you're left there thinking "Should I tell them that I didn't like it and crush their dreams?" But its not kosher to poke fun at people's work. Not at all. Oh well.

I was amused to see the face of Wyllius up there. Hah.

Good times.

fire_of_avalon
04-26-2004, 04:29 AM
*shrug*

Fisticuffs
04-26-2004, 05:18 AM
And then, of course, there's always the kind of publicity you get from something like this, which attracts other like-minded people from among the ranks of SA's (non-paying) goons. They come to the forum, end up browsing, realizing that since the people are pretty cool and there's a common interest, they might as well sign up too.

So...yeah. That's why I'm here now.

Hi.

>_>;

Storm
04-26-2004, 05:25 AM
Wow, I am now "stupider" after actually reading all the "witty" remarks from Something Awful. May God have mercy on their soul.

I didn't find that funny whatsoever. Since they seem so keen on insulting us, I don't see any harm in returning a few of my own. Here we go.....

"A debt collection agency demanding that you pay them for all the bounced checks you wrote to the local anime store run by some sweaty fat ass who still sleeps with his parents when the night light is in the shop for repairs is not considered stalking."

Nice run on sentence. Go back to grade 8, you mongloid moron. You can gradually see his desperation to make this insult great as the sentence goes on. A word of advice when making an insult....don't make one insult out of one's used a thousand times.

"The Something Awful Forums hates new users so much that we don't even allow them to introduce themselves. It's to stop threads like this from happening every single day..."

....and....

"As an avid fan of Final Fantasy I never go outside or socialize with anyone. I love all my level 99 characters with maxed stats and all the super special weapons and that one summon that takes roughly four days to get. My playtime is at 426 hours and 7 minutes. "

I thoroughly enjoy the contradiction in the insults. First they try to accuse people at EOFF of having no socialization skills, and then they prevent people from introducing themselves on their own forums. YES, I best socialize with people when I don't let them know I actually exist (100% sarcastic, since Something Awful can't distinguish sarcasm. Again, we learn about that in grade school and by SOCIALIZING with other people).

"Someone please email me and answer me this question, WHAT IS WITH STUPID FINAL FANTASY FANS AND HORRIBLE POETRY? Please for the love of God."

For the love of God! Believe it or not, God gave us this strange gift called "free will" which enables us to express ourselves through things like poetry, or in your case, the dimeaning of other people. It's really not a difficult concept to understand.

And how can you criticize poetry when you don't write? Oh....I forgot. Writing poetry is totally geeky. We should all try to be more like the people at SA, they are "tres" cool. You don't obtain the status of "cool" by dressing up like a bunch of wannabe skaters and making fun of people who like to express their emotions. But whatever, keep on acting tough, make fun of geeks, get piss faced at the bar, stare at the "chicks", and my GOD will people think you are cool.

"I think that people become so involved in these things because there is something missing in their life. I have no solution for these people. I only know how to ridicule them."

Umm....something must be missing in your life if you take the time to create an entire web page based on ridiculing other people. It must give you a real ego boost, since you can't seem to find it anywhere else.

I don't see a problem with people here. They aren't afraid to express themselves about different things. Unique people are the most interesting to associate with, not "macho" jackasses at SA.

Anyhow, I'm done ranting. I don't speak for all the members here, but that's just what I think. Delete the post if you think it's too crude.

Fisticuffs
04-26-2004, 05:30 AM
Um...hm. Maybe I introduced myself at a bad time. I'll leave the room, come back in and try again.

Rinoabella
04-26-2004, 05:45 AM
*late but who cares?* That's funny. I'm so proud of you, EoFF :)

frr_vegeta
04-26-2004, 05:45 AM
Um...hm. Maybe I introduced myself at a bad time. I'll leave the room, come back in and try again.

>_>
<_<

I thought SA's infiltration was hilarious. And hold 0 against you. *nods*

But then again I have just returned from a 9(ish) month leave of this forum, so I don't know how much weight my words hold.

Fisticuffs
04-26-2004, 06:07 AM
Eh? No, no. I am no forum goon, just a lower-class browser-citizen of their site. I just figured this'd be a good place to inspect, and I was right for once. Now I just need to keep my typical posting binges-and-purges under control...*twitch*

Cid
04-26-2004, 06:25 AM
Fisticuffs is a good exampl of why turning registration back on was a good idea.

Fisticuffs
04-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Thank you for your kind words, Cid. The welcome I've gotten so far, even at this ungodly hour, has given me a light tingle of happiness running down my back. Much like Scope, save for the fact that one does not usually apply mouthwash directly onto the spinal cord.

Doomgaze
04-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Yeah, most of the people here find it funny, that's good. The whiners... eh. There's always whiners.

Anyway. SA is just bitter because they know, deep down, that Fark is better.

Rainecloud
04-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Wow, I am now "stupider" after actually reading all the "witty" remarks from Something Awful. May God have mercy on their soul.

I didn't find that funny whatsoever. Since they seem so keen on insulting us, I don't see any harm in returning a few of my own. Here we go.....

"A debt collection agency demanding that you pay them for all the bounced checks you wrote to the local anime store run by some sweaty fat ass who still sleeps with his parents when the night light is in the shop for repairs is not considered stalking."

Nice run on sentence. Go back to grade 8, you mongloid moron. You can gradually see his desperation to make this insult great as the sentence goes on. A word of advice when making an insult....don't make one insult out of one's used a thousand times.

"The Something Awful Forums hates new users so much that we don't even allow them to introduce themselves. It's to stop threads like this from happening every single day..."

....and....

"As an avid fan of Final Fantasy I never go outside or socialize with anyone. I love all my level 99 characters with maxed stats and all the super special weapons and that one summon that takes roughly four days to get. My playtime is at 426 hours and 7 minutes. "

I thoroughly enjoy the contradiction in the insults. First they try to accuse people at EOFF of having no socialization skills, and then they prevent people from introducing themselves on their own forums. YES, I best socialize with people when I don't let them know I actually exist (100% sarcastic, since Something Awful can't distinguish sarcasm. Again, we learn about that in grade school and by SOCIALIZING with other people).

"Someone please email me and answer me this question, WHAT IS WITH STUPID FINAL FANTASY FANS AND HORRIBLE POETRY? Please for the love of God."

For the love of God! Believe it or not, God gave us this strange gift called "free will" which enables us to express ourselves through things like poetry, or in your case, the dimeaning of other people. It's really not a difficult concept to understand.

And how can you criticize poetry when you don't write? Oh....I forgot. Writing poetry is totally geeky. We should all try to be more like the people at SA, they are "tres" cool. You don't obtain the status of "cool" by dressing up like a bunch of wannabe skaters and making fun of people who like to express their emotions. But whatever, keep on acting tough, make fun of geeks, get piss faced at the bar, stare at the "chicks", and my GOD will people think you are cool.

"I think that people become so involved in these things because there is something missing in their life. I have no solution for these people. I only know how to ridicule them."

Umm....something must be missing in your life if you take the time to create an entire web page based on ridiculing other people. It must give you a real ego boost, since you can't seem to find it anywhere else.

I don't see a problem with people here. They aren't afraid to express themselves about different things. Unique people are the most interesting to associate with, not "macho" jackasses at SA.

Anyhow, I'm done ranting. I don't speak for all the members here, but that's just what I think. Delete the post if you think it's too crude.

Perhaps we shouldn't take this too seriously, Storm. *snicker*

eestlinc
04-26-2004, 07:21 AM
I wish they had made fun of my poetry, but I'll take being selected for the opening salvo of pictures.

MecaKane
04-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Hi. SA arn't the same as the football players that beat you up, Storm. They're certainly not macho, nor have I ever seen anyone there claim to be.

And maybe they do write poetry, only it's <i>good</i> poetry. :eek:!

/\/I\/\
04-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Anyway. SA is just bitter because they know, deep down, that Fark is better.

in ur dreams animu boi :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

DJZen
04-26-2004, 07:47 AM
I wish they'd make fun of my Heidegger thread *sad puppy face*

Doomgaze
04-26-2004, 07:52 AM
in ur dreams animu boi :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Blind support in the face of overwhelming facts - that's patriotism, baby!

/\/I\/\
04-26-2004, 08:08 AM
this is for you doomgaze my friend

eestlinc
04-26-2004, 08:55 AM
LETS ALL GET HATS!

Shlup
04-26-2004, 10:00 AM
More people are complaining that they did not personally get made fun of than anyone complaining about... getting made fun of. I find that amusing in itself.

Citizen Bleys
04-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Personally, if I want to be directly made fun of by Something Awful, I'll register at their forum and whine that they said mean things about mine.

But then again, that would make approximately as much sense as trolling ASC, plus it costs money.

Loony BoB
04-26-2004, 12:20 PM
I wish they had made fun of my poetry, but I'll take being selected for the opening salvo of pictures.
Yeah, I was hoping to see my poetry rather than that story-esque thing I did. It would have been neat to see them make fun of They'll Analyse This To Death And I'll Laugh In My Grave.

And I like this Fisticuffs fella already.

HOOTERS
04-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Don't worry Eoffers who are offended! Dr. Phil said today that when somethingawful.com makes fun of forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay it is because they are trying to bring us down to their level to make up for whatever insecurites they have due to their inner dialogue that they put in the hypocricy tree where the shame monkeys live. So actually, when they say people are fat nerds with no life, what they are really saying is "I have a small doodle", and when they make fun of people's poetry, what they are really saying is "I have a small doodle".

Anyway, I'm off to write another episode of The Nanny.

Zing!

:smash:

Peegee
04-26-2004, 01:46 PM
"Go back to grade 8, you mongloid moron"

mongloid isn't a word. Perhaps you meant mongoloid? In which case I give you a thumbs up for reminding me of yet another asian racist name I can add to my collection of self-taunting joy. :jap: :thumb:

frr_vegeta
04-26-2004, 01:54 PM
"Go back to grade 8, you mongloid moron"

mongloid isn't a word. Perhaps you meant mongoloid? In which case I give you a thumbs up for reminding me of yet another asian racist name I can add to my collection of self-taunting joy. :jap: :thumb:
Reminds me of this wonderful chap I came across on another forum who stated: "I only make fun of those void of intellegeance."

eternalshiva
04-26-2004, 02:05 PM
By donning the mask of Cute Gurl v2.0, one is given the freedom to write whatever they like while avoiding all traditional forms of grammar and punctuation. Cute Gurl v2.0 is best not used on forums inhabited by males under the age of 20, or else other forum members have a high chance of changing into Mr. Aggressive when responding to posts. Use of emoticons and other ASCII art is highly encouraged, as is the act of referring to everybody as "hunny", "sweetie", and "cutie." In other words, try to be an online slut who's entire diet consists of pig troughs full of sugar. Whenever another Cute Gurl v2.0 comes online, the sheer idiocy in the forums will increase at least twelvefold. The Cute Gurls v2.0 should greet each other with outrageously annoying phrases like "hey baybee!!!!!!!!" and "luv u hunny!!!!!!"

Wow, the Cute girl V.2 was a good touch. A forum slut. *puts up new title* ^^ Good thing I have a sense of humour *gives finger to that idiot*

He took everything out of context and he's not in with the jokes of the forum. *pfft* *disregards*

Kudos to them for hating us so much they spent all that time compiling all the screenshots. What a bunch of losers.

Iceglow
04-26-2004, 02:12 PM
RAOFLMFAO thats hillarious well atleast I wasn't mentioned in the report but wtf this is so stupid and if were something awful just hate to think what kind of stupid loosers actually bother wasting time compiling the reports on us?? theyre really SOMETHING AWFULLY AWFUL

Storm
04-26-2004, 02:35 PM

Well, I personally wasn't insulted. I just felt like sticking up for some people. Anyways, I'm finished with this thread.

*deletes long post*

Mo-Nercy
04-26-2004, 02:49 PM

Hehe. Yea.

Flying Mullet
04-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Boring.

Baloki
04-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Mecakane = SA? :confused:

MecaKane
04-26-2004, 05:22 PM
No, I'm too damn cheap to register at the forums, but I go to the site a lot, though.
Mostly for photoshop phiday, and the reviews. :D

Rainecloud
04-26-2004, 05:26 PM
So actually, when they say people are fat nerds with no life, what they are really saying is "I have a small doodle", and when they make fun of people's poetry, what they are really saying is "I have a small doodle".

Strange. I didn't think that the genitalia size of the patrons over at SA was in dispute here.

Ah well, if they have do small doodles, that's fine by me.

Ryoko Masaki
04-26-2004, 05:53 PM
jeez...this guy said

Get a job on page 3 i think.
he's needs to get a live..
i don't get what's so amusing about spying other forums and kicking them down.. :mad:

gokufusionss1
04-26-2004, 06:30 PM
i never laughed at his poor attemps at put downs, it was mainly from embarresment that i frequent this fourm because he did pick some cringeworthy threads.

eestlinc
04-26-2004, 06:37 PM
i like how he cracks on people who obsess with final fantasy and then he says he listens to the FF OST cds in his car.

Flying Mullet
04-26-2004, 06:40 PM
i like how he cracks on people who obsess with final fantasy and then he says he listens to the FF OST cds in his car.
That's because it's not obsessive, it's compulsive.

omnitarian
04-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Well, they only thing they managed to mock was the crazy n00bs and our self-deprecating humor. So it's not too bad.

Mr. Graves
04-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Not much else to add besides...that was pretty darn funny. xD

Rainecloud
04-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Well, they only thing they managed to mock was the crazy n00bs and our self-deprecating humor.

I thought they were the ones with the self-depreciating humour...?

Storm
04-27-2004, 02:35 AM
I know it's not a real word. I was given the impression it was just a slang expression used by rednecks or people who used to be farmers, like my pappy.

Right, so everytime some "well known" website makes fun of EOFF we should just admit we're all losers, because the majority of the population will support them.

Obviously in my response I was stereotyping them, just like they were doing to us. I even stated I was trading insults. The only thing that actually annoys me is that they make fun of the poetry or stories. I don't even read the poetry or stories, but I can only imagine it's quite crushing for the people who wrote it to have their work slashed up.

Hi. SA arn't the same as the football players that beat you up, Storm. They're certainly not macho, nor have I ever seen anyone there claim to be.
Again, I was purposely stereotyping.

Aghhh....this thread is more crazy than a crazy bog.

Shlup
04-27-2004, 02:47 AM
I thought SA's article was amusin, and I also thought Storm's return insults were amusing. No need to make a competition out of it all.

Storm
04-27-2004, 02:54 AM
HA HA....excellent. I just wanted one person to say my insults were amusing, even though most of them were terribly lame. But where I come from, the lamest insults are the best insults.

Actually, that's not true either. I just like lame insults. :mog:

Dragonflame
04-27-2004, 02:54 AM
Right, so everytime some "well known" website makes fun of EOFF we should just admit we're all losers, because the majority of the population will support them.

Face it, we are all losers. But let's not get depressed over that. We should wear our loserness with pride. It takes skill to be a good loser...

...Actually, I find the entire thing hilarious. Anyone who feels insulted is way too sensitive. I use the internet as a way to act like a complete idiot and say all the things that are too stupid to be spoken out loud. I wish I'd been made fun of.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-27-2004, 03:09 AM
I know it's not a real word. I was given the impression it was just a slang expression used by rednecks or people who used to be farmers, like my pappy.You do mean mongoloid. It's considered offensive because it equates Mongolians to people with Down syndrome (ugly retards).

Rase
04-27-2004, 03:19 AM
The only thing that actually annoys me is that they make fun of the poetry or stories. I don't even read the poetry or stories, but I can only imagine it's quite crushing for the people who wrote it to have their work slashed up.

Well, for one thing, if anyone even considers thier opinion, they can hopefully take it as well as dish it out. I know that I don't care because I don't know the dudes and even if I did, who cares what other peeps think (besides the obvious generally courtesy rules).

I nominate we make a thread making fun of Something Awful Forums or Something Awful.com, than let them see it. :evilking:

Storm
04-27-2004, 03:23 AM
You do mean mongoloid. It's considered offensive because it equates Mongolians to people with Down syndrome (ugly retards).

Okay then....

*deletes word from vocabulary*

Ariel
04-27-2004, 03:57 AM
I read this last night after I saw the link in Mikael's LJ... funny stuff. =P Especially when there are other things floating around that would have been a whole lot easier to make fun of. Ah, well. It still made me giggle. xD

eestlinc
04-27-2004, 05:48 AM
Mongoloid refers to the fact that people with Downs Syndrome have a somewhat slanteyed appearance and a dopey open-mouthed look that makes them look Oriental.

Big Ogre Umaro
04-27-2004, 06:30 AM

....and....

I am quoting this because I want more instances of it in this thread.

:)

Rainecloud
04-27-2004, 07:13 AM

Bingo.

Oh, and to everyone at SA: Get a job, you bums.

Citizen Bleys
04-27-2004, 10:56 AM
I nominate we make a thread making fun of Something Awful Forums or Something Awful.com, than let them see it. :evilking:

a) That would be work, and
b) Spok's way more experienced at it than we are. We'd get trounced.

eternalshiva
04-27-2004, 12:33 PM
>:/ *finishes angry rant from earlier post*

and EternalBahamut really IS my husband *hits the idiot* pfft. *goes back to coding Site stuff*

Loony BoB
04-27-2004, 12:41 PM
and EternalBahamut really IS my husband *hits the idiot* pfft. *goes back to coding Site stuff*
It's things like these that amuse me to no end whatsoever. I mean, come on - when someone on an internet message board says "this is my husband! :love:", what are the odds that they really are a husband? Nobody who was casually browsing would actually expect that to be TRUE. xD

frr_vegeta
04-27-2004, 02:14 PM
It's things like these that amuse me to no end whatsoever. I mean, come on - when someone on an internet message board says "this is my husband! :love:", what are the odds that they really are a husband? Nobody who was casually browsing would actually expect that to be TRUE. xD
Speaking of which, have you gotten a diamond engagement ring postmarked from Albany, NY. recently?

Peegee
04-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Anybody who's anybody knows everybody on the internet is a man.

eternalshiva
04-27-2004, 03:28 PM

Well it is xD in my case anyways xD I'm no forum hoe hehe

Flying Mullet
04-27-2004, 03:55 PM
I'm no forum hoe hehe
Must ... bite ... tongue ...

White Raven
04-27-2004, 04:03 PM
We should just let it go here...geez, we don't want this to become the battle of people with too much time on their hands.

BatChao
04-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Wow, they must have really dug for some of those... the prom thread? That's really really old!

DocFrance
04-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Pfft. You people are getting way too uppity about being made fun of. The best sense of humor is one that allows you to laugh at yourself.

Other than that, I thought it was friggin' awesome, especially since I got quoted.

Rase
04-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Actually, quite a few people were mad at NOT being made fun of.

DMKA
04-28-2004, 12:28 AM
OMFG I WASN'T FEATURED ON THE PAGE NOT FAIR NOW I'M OFF TO KILL!

No seriously, I'm upset cause I'm not on there. :cry:

None the less, funny stuff. :p

Storm
04-28-2004, 04:19 AM
Also from Something Awful....

"Presenting the men of Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums! A calender will be released soon."

Indeed, a calender will be released soon and this is the picture for the month of January. It is entitled "Storm's special gift to the considerate people at somethingawful.com. Thank you for all your insults."

Attachment removed for being innaproprate and NOT NICE.

EDIT: Well, that picture didn't last long. My gift was actually "the piano in the background". ;)
By the way, I'd appreciate not being banned for that little immature stunt. It won't happen again.

DocFrance
04-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Aww, man, now I'm curious.

HOOTERS
04-28-2004, 05:14 AM
Let's just say it involved a hippo and a large tub of vaseline.

Rainecloud
04-28-2004, 07:15 AM
Also from Something Awful....

"Presenting the men of Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums! A calender will be released soon."

Indeed, a calender will be released soon and this is the picture for the month of January. It is entitled "Storm's special gift to the considerate people at somethingawful.com. Thank you for all your insults."

Attachment removed for being innaproprate and NOT NICE.

EDIT: Well, that picture didn't last long. My gift was actually "the piano in the background".
By the way, I'd appreciate not being banned for that little immature stunt. It won't happen again.

Say wha...?

Madonna
04-28-2004, 07:33 AM
There was an attachment that was removed because it was not nice.

It was a middle finger. Can I say that? *looks to censors* I think so. Middle finger. The bird. Maybe it was in jest, though, and sent with love. We may never know.

Storm
04-29-2004, 05:21 AM
I think we can say "middle finger", considering how there is an entire thread on "peeing in the shower". Also, in FFIV Cid says something like "Golbez, here's a present from the chief engineer Cid, as well as my middle finger!".

But anyhow. Yes, it was a picture of me giving the finger to the people at www.somethingawful.com. Personally, I thought it was pretty funny, but I understand there are certain behaviour rules that must be followed.

frr_vegeta
04-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Yes, it was a picture of me giving the finger to the people at www.somethingawful.com. Personally, I thought it was pretty funny, but I understand there are certain behaviour rules that must be followed.
I hope your mother doesn't know you do such things.

Polaris
04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
I can't believ that they joke with my thread about the crazy guy and about death!!!!

I'll kill you! :mad2:

Shoeberto
04-29-2004, 05:11 PM
ok I didn't read much after the first page of this thread. Too much posts.

I can't read this from school, though I'm assuming it's absolutely hilarious. Did they rip any on me? I haven't been too active lately but still. 3 1/2 years of seniority better give me a damn good rip.

frr_vegeta
04-29-2004, 05:23 PM
ok I didn't read much after the first page of this thread. Too much posts.

I can't read this from school, though I'm assuming it's absolutely hilarious. Did they rip any on me? I haven't been too active lately but still. 3 1/2 years of seniority better give me a damn good rip.
They took them from around Jan. of this year. I dont' recall seeing any of you.

Then again I wasn't looking for you. xD

Shoeberto
04-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Looked at it, wasn't that great. Too many newbies who take this crap seriously being made fun of and not enough people I know or care about getting a reaming. This calls for a frowney emoticon.

:(

Peegee
04-29-2004, 09:14 PM
When I go back to Windsor I'm going to send them the black goku forums. If they want stupid posts that make no sense, they've got loads there. Literally every thread is nonsensical and filled with idiocy. It will be great ^_^