PDA

View Full Version : Brave/Faith

Lachlan
04-25-2004, 04:42 PM
How can I permanitly raise my brave and faith stats? I have a thief who I have been training to steal just about everthing but I noticed his brave and faith are both in the 40's. Can I raise these stats? If not should I just kill him and inhearit his abilities with someone else?

Mwork
04-25-2004, 05:14 PM
How to raise Brave:

Praise (Mediator ability). +4 Brave
Cheer Up (Ramza's Squire). +5 Brave
Scream (Ramza's Squire). +10 Brave
Brave Up (Dancer reaction ability). +3 Brave when hit with a physical attack

How to raise Faith:

Preach (Mediator ability). +4 Faith
Face Up (Bard reaction ability). +3 Brave when hit with a physical attack

For every 4 points in change to your Brave/Faith during battle, 1 point is permanent.

Lachlan
04-25-2004, 06:07 PM
I didnt know that some of that was permanent. thanks. :D

DocFrance
04-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Be sure not to raise his Brave or Faith too high. If those stats are too high or too low, that character will leave the party forever.

Also, a theif has very little he can profit from high Brave or Faith. If you're trying to get a lot of items, I'd actually suggest a low Brave. Move-Find Item works more often if the character has a low Brave rating.

Mwork
04-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Extremely high Brave and extremely low Faith aren't a problem. It's low Brave and high Faith that will make units leave your party; don't let anyone's permanent Brave go below 6, or permanent Faith go above 94.

The Thief can profit from high Brave, just as any one does. A higher Brave stat means a higher chance for your reaction ability to work. Low Brave is only necessary for the party's Move-Find Itemer. Everyone else should have high Brave.

GhostGoose
05-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Doesn't the character become a chicken when brave is below 10? :p
Of course you don't wanna have a chicken in your team, haha...

Jolts
05-18-2004, 03:56 PM
If you want your thief to have a better success rate with stealing crap, then raise his speed as much as you can. Moves like Cheer Up (I think that's the one, it's one of Ramza's Guts abilities) will temporarily boost speed during battle. Use equipment like Sprint Shoes to raise them permanently, as long as the character wears the equipment (meaning, if you remove it, the speed will lower back to normal). If I remember correctly, Ninjas have great speed, and the base speed will rise faster (by leveling up) in the Ninja job than anything else.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Ramza's Yell is the move that can raise speed on other characters, though his Scream raises Brave, Attack Power, Magic Attack Power, and Speed, but only for himself, which can make him an effective Thief.

I generally bring my party's Brave up to 97 with Ramza's Scream as soon as possible. I had Mustadio learn Preach and raised everyone's faith up to 79, (It annoys me when they complain) and Ramza's to 97. It's a good team.

Jolts
05-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Yeah, Ramza's brave/faith can be whatever you want them to be, since he CAN'T leave the team :D. Now that I know Yell is the one for speed, I think Cheer Up raises brave, and at a 100% success rate at that (at least, it has been for me), and it raises it by 5 at a time, not 4 (like with Preach).

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Yes, Cheer up is the one that can effect others, sorry I accidentally said Scream.

Squire Ramza with Guts and Math does insane damage with 97 Brave and Faith.

Jolts
05-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately, though, a higher faith, which lets you do more damage with magic, also causes you to take more damage when attacked by magic. If you have a character who is for physical attacking only, lower his/her faith down to 0 (if you can, permanently, if that's not possible, then whatever the lowest permanent value is), that way, they'll take no damage from magic attacks. However, they'll also recieve no recovery from cure, be unable to get the "Protect," "Shell," and other such magical support, so you'd have to use items to cure him/her. NOTE: Worker 8 (and Worker 7) is always in the "Innocent" status, meaning he acts as if he has no faith (no damage from magic and whatnot).

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-19-2004, 11:03 PM
I consider vulnerability to magic a good thing since I use healing magic a lot. I don't usually have someone with Chemist skills on hand. I usually have my own spells demolish an enemy wizard long before they can fire off any of their spells.