PDA

View Full Version : Dresspheres That Might Have Been

Big D
04-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Or, "create your own Dresspheres".

What, in your opinion, would've made good alternative job-types for FFX-2? There's huge potential for variety, both serious and lighthearted. Here're a few ideas...

Blitzer: I'm kinda surprised this one wasn't in the game, I thought it'd be a natural choice for X-2.

Archer: Longbow for Yuna, shortbow for Rikku, crossbow for Paine. Seems about right to me. The only projectile weapons in the game are firearms, so arrows would make a nice change.

Lancer: Another FF classic. A spear-wielding Dragoon, with the powerful 'Jump' ability.

Druid: Not often seen in FFs... Druids would be something like FFV's Geomancers, but with powers similar to Mog's terrain dances in FFVI. The geomancer would weild an odd weapon, a bell or sickle, something non-standard, but would have the power to interact with the elements, depending on the location you're in. Cornered in Bikanel Desert? Call up a violent sandstorm to lash at the enemy. In danger in the mountains? Bring on a rockslide. Of couse, these powers could be used for good or ill - in a fight near the ocean, a druid could generate a tidal wave or waterspout to harm the enemy, or instigate a refreshing ocean breeze to rejuvenate the party. Also, plants and animals could respond to the druid's call, attacking the enemy directly or providing poisons and items for the party to use in their defence.

Snappie88
04-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Yeah, now you're talking about it, a blitzer would be superb. With a special called Jecht Shot :)
And specials like elemental reels or somethin'

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Ninja :aimsad:

Del Murder
04-27-2004, 01:44 AM
Someone that could control monsters. I would say Trainer, but that was used already, so Mediator perhaps?

Project G
04-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Someone that could control monsters. I would say Trainer, but that was used already, so Mediator perhaps?

Or a beastmaster.

Snowman
04-27-2004, 06:28 PM
i had the same idea about lancer, only i called it a Dragoon sphere. i think there could have easily been more and better ones. a shadow sphere for ninja's. there was no combat sphere to reflect Tifa and zell's love of fisticuffs. theres an infinite amount of possibilites....spheres that disguise you as a character from a pervieous FF

Big D
04-30-2004, 06:18 AM
there was no combat sphere to reflect Tifa and zell's love of fisticuffs. 'Berserker' was pretty close, but not quite there.

A 'beastmaster'/'mediator' would be nice... perhaps armed with a cattleman's whip? It'd be appropriate, and a nice change from the other types of weapons.

Then there are plenty of not-so-serious possibilities, too.

Rambo - the character is dressed in shorts and a singlet, camo paint, and half a mile of ammunition. She's armed with a huge machinegun and fires continually, never running out.

The Spanish Inquisition: The trio dress as the evil, red-robed interrogators and pound the enemy into submission with moves like 'Comfy Chair' and 'Cup of Tea'. Highly unexpected.

Xander
04-30-2004, 02:38 PM
I'd like a Kingdom Hearts dresssphere! You'd get the big Disney shoes and clothes like Sora/Kairi and you'd use a keyblade to attack, and learn KH-like abilities. *obsessed* xD

Snowman
04-30-2004, 04:30 PM
the berserker was so boring, samurai was much more fun.

your right xander, they could have played arund with them alot more. a Dominatrixx Dresssphere, a FF Dresssphere, superheroine dressphere, gunblade dressphere

Ouch!
04-30-2004, 07:04 PM
I personally would have liked to have seen a paladin dress sphere. I mean, they had Dark Knight, why not it's opposite? I was disappointed.

soulICE
05-01-2004, 01:54 AM
The Spanish Inquisition: The trio dress as the evil, red-robed interrogators and pound the enemy into submission with moves like 'Comfy Chair' and 'Cup of Tea'. Highly unexpected.

haha..Monty Python :p

i missed having a cold-hearted maniac with a super-sized sword in my party. dark knight didnt seem to cut it. now that i think about it, i guess samurai fits. but still..

the blitzer idea and the ninja idea were good too.

Draupnir2005
05-02-2004, 01:59 AM
I think a giant dressspere would have been good. Where all three characters are in one outfit...but nothing kinky, not that I would...*looks embarrased*

Snowman
05-02-2004, 10:38 AM
lol, a giant skirt to look up heh :tongue:

a paladin sounds good. a summoner may have been helpful

i would actually like to see the other girls from final fantasy inthe dreshpere. Tifa as a spunky black mage, quistis as a black knight, lulu as a theif. right off to teh drawing board

Please don't double post, use the Edit/Delete button if you want to say something else. I fixed this one for you :) ~ Xander

Mattokenzi
05-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Bring back the summoners :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I miss the aeons *cries*

ChibiInuYasha
05-17-2004, 04:05 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=40125
:mad2: Damn you Big D! I can let it pass that you ripped off my thread but you totally stole my blitzer idea too! :mad2:

Big D
05-17-2004, 04:09 AM
Holy nuts.

I honestly, truly never ever saw that thread... I swear! I can't believe that I churned out a near-exact duplicate unintentionally. Even the names are nearly the same... hoo boy I suck.

Snowman
05-17-2004, 07:50 PM
dont be sorry, just accept your both creativly stunted lol

Big D
05-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Either that... or "great minds think alike", which is the far more plausible explanation. I wasn't even at EoFF when ChibInuYasha's thread was active; I was at home with no internet. I only started looking at the FFX-2 forum after completing the game, a month or two ago... and not once did I come across the nearly-identical thread.

Snowman
05-18-2004, 05:04 PM
great minds...nah, thats just hoplessly optimistic :D :p

Silmaril
05-20-2004, 02:46 PM
i think it would have been cool if there was a "Dancer" type dressphere.
Rikku would be a Hip-hop dancer, wearing really baggy pants and a teeny top.
Yuna would be a ballerina, white tutu and slippers.
Paine would be a Tango dancer with a tight black dress. :greenie:

Snowman
05-21-2004, 04:24 PM
i love the idea of that Rikku in baggy pants and a little top...now i gotta draw that :love:

i could see Paine as very goth/fetish