PDA

View Full Version : Time?

Andex
04-27-2004, 01:38 AM
What is time?
Can you go through time?
Is time linear or is it in some complex 4th deminsion?

We had a topic like this on my old forums, and it got pretty interesting.

Kirobaito
04-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Time is existence. You are going through time as we speak right now. You can't truly comprehend it.
I believe that it is linear.

PeTeRL90
04-27-2004, 01:49 AM
Time is the thing that tells us when we're late or early for something, it tells us when to wake up and to go to sleep.

:)

Random Tonberry
04-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Time is something we all have and yet never seem to have enough of.

Time time time is on my side, yes it is.

You can't save your time or give it away, but you can share it, use it and waste it.

Time was invented by greedy clock makers.

Linus
04-27-2004, 01:57 AM
http://loonybob.homestead.com/files/little.gif Time is a noun. What do I win?

ZeZipster
04-27-2004, 02:01 AM
Probably some philosophical way of saying nothing but your own answer.

Dragonflame
04-27-2004, 03:02 AM
Time is actually a philosophical way of describing the inner stream of conscious thought present in rare situations in which external stimuli exert phsychic force on creation...What the hell did I even say? I don't actually believe in time. There's no such thing.

Shlup
04-27-2004, 03:05 AM
"Time" is "the man" telling me I have to go to work when, maybe, I'm just not ready to get my butt outta bed. "Time" is "the man" telling me I'm too old to go in the play place at Chick-fil-a. Well, I'll tell you what, "time" can suck [a nugget].

Yamaneko
04-27-2004, 03:54 AM
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

Linus
04-27-2004, 04:03 AM
"Time" is "the man" telling me I have to go to work when, maybe, I'm just not ready to get my butt outta bed. "Time" is "the man" telling me I'm too old to go in the play place at Chick-fil-a. Well, I'll tell you what, "time" can suck [a nugget].

http://loonybob.homestead.com/files/little.gif There's no age limit, just a height limit. =(

Fisticuffs
04-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Time is just a name and unit of measurement which, like all systems of measurement, has no meaning to us unless associated with the entity being measured(100 pounds, yes...but of what?). We base our units on this profoundly infinite thing on things we can comprehend, like the earth circling the sun or the earth rotating on its axis; we do much the same when we divide the whole infinite length and breadth of space to the length of one's foot. We cannot describe time, only try to work with it.

Edit: Travel through time could conceiveably be possible if our minds were capable of wrapping around the concept of how...well, how we lived in relation to such an entity. We're born with an inherent knowledge of how to function in three dimensions, we need only develop the logic as to the very nature of time in order to travel through it--in which case we wouldn't need machines to do so, we could alter our positioning in said dimension with a mere mental effort.

Shlup
04-27-2004, 04:27 AM
http://loonybob.homestead.com/files/little.gif There's no age limit, just a height limit. =(You are just all about riding my butt today, aren't you, ya little crap?

P.S. Perverted comments will result in death.

Andex
04-27-2004, 10:53 AM
I think it is probably possible to break a speed of time, to time travel To put ourselfs outside the sphere of time and then dip back down in.