PDA

View Full Version : Concerning PC controllers

Agent Proto
04-27-2004, 02:04 AM
Which controller should I invest in when playing games on the PC?

I'd like to use one that can be recognized by the comp and can be used when playing emulators. Which controller should I look into for those purposes?

crono_logical
04-27-2004, 02:09 AM
If it's recognised by Windows, then it should be fine in an emulator once you've installed appropriate drivers if necessary, and calibrated it in Windows :p

Agent Proto
04-27-2004, 02:12 AM
Well, I have a Sidewinder but problem is that the controller is "malfunctioned' and unrecognized by Windows

Bahamut2000X
04-27-2004, 02:49 AM
I have a saitek. Haven't had problems with it yet. So I highly recommend it if you have the spare money for one. They last quite a while I hear, and they work well.

Although whatever you do don't go logitech. I can speak from experience on thier controllers suck. (went through 3 controllers in about 3-4 months) :eep:

crono_logical
04-27-2004, 02:53 AM
Aren't Sidewinders Microsoft joysticks though? xD

Agent Proto
04-27-2004, 02:53 AM
*checks* Ok. I have a Gravis GamePad Pro Eliminator

Citizen Bleys
04-27-2004, 11:05 AM
For emulation, I prefer the Gravis GamePad Pro (the one that looks like a PS1 controller), since that's very similar to a SNES controller as well and doesn't require drivers in XP. For Final Fantasy XI, I switch to a Saitek P880 Dual Analog. I also have one of those LogiTech Wingman rumblepads, but after I use it for a few minutes in FFXI, the calibration goes all wonky, and I have to exit the game, unplug the controller, plug it back in, and fire the game up again. The Saitek pad has never given me trouble.

I mention the Saitek pad because iit can also be used for PS/SNES emulation, and it *will* be the controller of choice when PS2 emulation takes off.

Strider
04-28-2004, 10:22 AM
I have a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad, but after experiencing quality issues lately, I'm beginning to echo Bahamut's sentiment. :mad: