PDA

View Full Version : Got PUSS?

Shlup
04-27-2004, 04:39 AM
This just in: Milk causes death. Oh yes, its horrible stuff.

Now when I first saw this site, it seemed interesting. I first looked at the puss cell count in milk, listed by state. I was surprised and willing to see what this site had to say.

Then I looked at the rest of it where they're like freaking out over the evil that is "Got Milk?" advertising. Rug Rats used to advertise milk? A travesty!

They just produced their new 'GOT MILK?' print advertisement, and guess who's wearing those offensive symbols of milk consumption? Babies not old enough to walk, that's who.I dunno. I thought it was amusing.

I think my beef with stuff like this is as follows: If someone has something to say, I'm willing to listen. I was actually interested in reasons why milk would be actually bad to drink. But so much blatant propoganda... It drives me nuts. Even when I'm all for something, once I smell propoganda I'm totally put off. Bugs.

<center>Not Milk.com (http://www.notmilk.com/)</center>

Yes, I am feeling more than a little scatterbrained today.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-27-2004, 04:44 AM
Kind of like a little thing I saw that says "If you drink water you're drinking with Hitler!"

Of course, that was for pure entertainment purposes. I find people like the ones who wrote the milk article to be amusing and depressing at the same time.

Yamaneko
04-27-2004, 05:20 AM
I read that as: Mik causes death. :D

Got Milk ads are great. The best one is with the dog and the boy who gives him (?) peanut butter.

eestlinc
04-27-2004, 05:54 AM
that website is cool. I like how the main protein in milk is casein, which is used to make paste.

Strider
04-27-2004, 06:03 AM
Milk causes death, huh? No surprise, since EVERYTHING ELSE DOES, TOO. I mean, come on now.

Rainecloud
04-27-2004, 07:18 AM
I only realized you were referring to Milk as opposed to Mik about halfway through your post.

I Quote The Article:

Pus in milk? A dairy cow filters ten-thousand quarts of blood through her udder each day and uses dead white blood cells (somatic cells) to manufacture her milk. These dead cells are pus cells. Dairy scientists are aware that when one quart of milk is tainted with 400 million or more pus cells, some 35% of the milking cows in the herd are infected with mastitis. Udders bleed, discharges, including bacteria and blood drip into the milk.

Wow, that's great. So as well as us humans receiving all the daily nutrients, vitamins and other random good stuff we get from cow's milk every day, we're also getting pus cells, blood, infected discharges and bacteria. So that's why my tea tastes so darn good this mornin'.

Heath
04-27-2004, 07:56 AM
I read that as: Mik causes death. :D

So did I. :D

That site is pretty interesting, not that I spend huge amounts of time reading up on milk.

Big D
04-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Newsflash: Honey is actually nectar that's been chundered up by bees!
OMFG call FEMA!

No way I'm drinking milk or eating honey now, no way. I mean, now that I know the truth, that stuff'll be sure to kill me in a second. Sure I've been enjoying it for two decades, but that's not the point.

There are bacteria in everything. Even as I type this and you read it, sebum is festering into pus within our very skin. Scratch your nose recently? You just got a fingernail full of dead, decaying skin and bacteria. Big whoop.

If milk was dangerous, people would die because of it. Simple as that. Milk isn't inherently fatal, so I'm cool with it.

Personally, I prefer the wonderful dihydrogen monoxide (http://www.dhmo.org/truth/Dihydrogen-Monoxide.html) warnings... at least they're actually intending to be entertaining.

Linus
04-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Don't they pasteurize and homogenize milk, killing tons of bacteria before it even reaches a bottle or carton?

Loony BoB
04-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Much like Yams and 'eath, I consistently read "Milk" as "Mik" - and to be honest, the first post makes a lot more sense that way, somehow...

Rye
04-27-2004, 01:44 PM
I read that as: Mik causes death.

Ditto xD

But seriously, I've drank milk all my life and I'm not a diseased person.

Erdrick Holmes
04-27-2004, 01:54 PM
*chugs milk whilst reading that*

frr_vegeta
04-27-2004, 02:11 PM
I finished my milk yesterday, now I need to buy more for my cereal.

Damned good puss too.

Peegee
04-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Children, learn to read. It's "PUS"

I love milk on cereal and with chocolate cookies. If I die from milk then so be it. *chugs milk* :mad: :cry: :greenie: :rolleyes2 :( :p :D

Logan
04-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Got Pus? Milk Does! MilkSucks.com =D

I have a sticker of that on my CD player.

DMKA
05-01-2004, 07:33 PM
I read that as: Mik causes death.
Me too :p

Yep, mik ...errm milk is poison, computers blind you, leftover food is lethal and cellphones give you cancer...old news.