PDA

View Full Version : How the heck do you beat Ellone at Triple Triad.

Bahumat
04-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Every time i play her, she beats me with same, plus and all those other rules. i have converted nealy everything that i don't need that can be converted, please help. also, how do you get Giglamesh???

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2004, 09:40 AM
1. Ellone is very hard because of the Space rules. You're only hope is to save beforehand and be patient. Reset is you lose. I can beat her pretty easily though, Same and Plus is a lot easier to play ever since I join TTAdvance.com. It's Laguna card your trying to get right? You don't have to beat Ellone for that. If you've beaten the CC Group from Balamb Garden earlier in the game, then they will be on the Ragnarok if you choose to reboard it on disc 4. The CC Group will have all the rare cards you missed which is pretty darned nice of Square to include.

2. Because of the topic of the thread, I'm not sure if you meant Gilgamesh card or Gilgamesh the GF. So I'll do both:

Card : You need to play through the whole CC Group I mentioned before. The Card Master King of this group will have the Gilgamesh card. All the members of this group are scattered around Balamb Garden, and you'll need to beat them in a certain order. I'll go through them in the order you need to beat them. First you need to beat Jack, who's a student walking around the hall at the base of the main elevator. Then you can play Club, a SeeD walking in the halls between the Parking Lot/Dorms/Cafeteria. Diamond is a pair of girls that appear in the same screen as Jack, you need to wait from them to stop walking before you can play them. Spade is the guy who gave you your "Starter Pack" of cards at the beginning of the game, he's on the 2F hallway. Heart is on the bridge. After you beat Heart, talk to Nida, then talk to Dr. Kadowaki, then rest in your dorm. If nothing happens, rest again, and keep resting until a cut scene occurs where King challenges you.

GF : Obtain the Odin GF before you fight Seifer at the end of the disc 3. If you already have Odin, skip this paragraph.

Odin is obtained from the Diamond Ruins which is a diamond shaped building somewhere in Centra. Upon entering a timer appears, you have 20 mins to find and defeat Odin. Best to put on Enc-None. Just follow the path up until you find a table between two ladders. Ascend the left ladder and activate the control panel at the top. Return to the bottom and activate the control panel there. A flight of stairs will appear. Go up the stairs to find a statue with one red eye. Take out the red eye. Go up the stairs to find another statue with only one eye. Leave this eye and put in the other one (so the statue has two eyes) and you will be given a random number. Take out both eyes and place them in the first statue. Insert the number given to you before and a door will open. If you arrive in Odin's room between 3 and 17 mins, he won't attack you at all, so feel free to stock up on Triple, Death and Stop magic.

After obtaining Odin, continue through the storyline until you fight Seifer at the end of disc 3. Gilgamesh will appear at the end of the fight.

Iceglow
04-27-2004, 06:57 PM
I have an FAQ about triple triad compiled by a friend of mine from the net on my home pc give me a day or two and I'll e-mail it to you it contains info on abolishing all of the rules apart from open in every region including lunar rules (the hardest place to erase the rules from in the world) before you go into space and play ellone also play the guy called Pierre he has alexander card. PM me your e-mail address and I'll get the FAQ out to you

bEoWuLfX
04-28-2004, 04:16 AM
When you first are on the space station and rhinoa is still in your group, save at that save point. Then challenge piet and quit after he shows you the rules. Keep doing this until he abolishes a rule(note it may take up to 30 times). Hopefully he got rid of plus otherwise reset and try again. Don't get rid of open! If he's not doing it just save before challenging Ellone and then play her. My only tip to you is to not play in the corners. Because that way you have an oppurtunity to atleast win back your card if she pluses you. I was able to win laguna without losing a single card. good luck dude. :cool:

Iceglow
04-28-2004, 12:30 PM
you can go into space and play ellone with only the open rule if you follow this guide but it takes a lot of travelling (mainly from Esthar to Timber area and back) see attachment

bEoWuLfX
04-29-2004, 03:12 AM
No that's not possible to change rules while in space. You can only change lunar rules later (SPOILER) after It crashes. Later ellone won't be there so it won't work.

Iceglow
05-01-2004, 11:40 AM
according to the guide (haven't tried it yet I used flukey playing on the ground (had allready erased the really bad rules from esthar by chance (there's a guy in the game in another town plays with esthar rules...somewhere cant remember.) and used the esthar rules to play the guy outside the lunar station til they were gone It's the only possible way before space) but Ellone is playable before the LP attack on the ragnorak - I don't remember her being there but it's a risk anyway on disc 4 the CC club will have Laguna

Bahumat
05-06-2004, 08:22 AM
thanks everyone. all your help is greatly appreciated. :D