PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon

Project G
04-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Does anyone enjoy playing the original Pokemon games???? (Red, Blue and Yellow)

BatChao
04-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Yes, I did. I played Blue and Yellow.

Project G
04-27-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm on about still liking it

sora
04-27-2004, 12:31 PM
i use to play it about 3 years ago until i had one more pokemon to get then my file got deleted i might still be playing it if that didn't happen

Erdrick Holmes
04-27-2004, 01:45 PM
I still play Silver and Gold. I have a lvl 100 Mewtwo that is a bruital killing machine. No creature I had ever played a multiplayer game with has ever won.

m4tt
04-27-2004, 02:45 PM
I played Yellow. My team was crap. I've played Silver. My team was okay. I've played Ruby. My team is still in the making. But it is currently crap.

Peegee
04-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Believe it or else I have never truly played a Pokemon game. Sure I played off my brother's file, but that didn't count.

Kirobaito
04-27-2004, 07:58 PM
I have Red, Blue, and Yellow. About six months ago I got Gold on an emulator, but I used save state so the whole time counter thing was effed up. So I stopped.

I can still probably name all 150 Originals.

ZeZipster
04-27-2004, 09:08 PM
My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard
and they're like, "wanna trade some cards?"
Damn right, let's trade some cards…
…but not my Charizard!

I didn't like the TCG... BUT STILL!

escobert
04-28-2004, 01:38 AM
I have red and I sold yellow to some little kid... I think I stole red form that kid...

Aphelion
04-28-2004, 01:53 AM
I have Blue and I've played Yellow and Red. And I can name the 386 Pokémon (I played more than 1500 hours, counting all versions). What can I do?

BatChao
04-28-2004, 02:09 AM
My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard
and they're like, "wanna trade some cards?"
Damn right, let's trade some cards…
…but not my Charizard!

I didn't like the TCG... BUT STILL!

That is possibly the best thing I have ever read. Did you make that up just now? Because if so, you are a genius!

The original (R,B,Y) are great. I didn't like Gold and Silver that much, but Ruby/Sapphire are really good too.

Germ Hamee
04-28-2004, 02:30 AM
I was completely obsessed with those games, back in the day. I locked myself with my Red and Blue emulators for hours, and was playing Gold/Silver in japanese when it was ripped. x_x But I kind of lost the craze by the time those two were out here.

...now that I finally have a Gameboy, and they're re-releasing Red/Blue, I think I'm probably going to get obsessed again. x_x

Chzn8r
04-28-2004, 02:34 AM
Me and my bro bought Red and Blue 5 years ago (Red was mine, Blue was his). It is one of my top 10 RPGs of all time, for sure. I loved Pokemon, I could replay it so many times. I didn't care about PVP, I never really linked with anyone except to advance some level 2 pokemon to level 3. All in all, the game was just really really fun. It was cool making my uber dream party.

I can still probably name 120-140 of all Pokemon (THE pokemon, THE 150 original, unique pokemon with cool distinguishing traits), but I"d have to sit down and make a list on paper.

Del Murder
04-28-2004, 03:18 AM
Just last week I finally beat my little brother in Pokemon after like 6 years. I used Snorlax, Lapras, Jolteon, Rhydon, Gengar, and Alakazam and trained them really hard to beat his sorry bunch. He used Pigeot, Mewtwo, Omastar, Jolteon, Zapdos, and Execudor (sp?). Now I have to wait for my other brother to come home from school so I can whail on him, because he's the official champion. I use the Yellow version. Pika!

Agent Proto
04-28-2004, 04:03 AM
I had the game, Pokemon Blue I believe. I enjoyed it. The original was far better than the newer versions.

Pokemon Pinball ownz0rs though.

m4tt
04-28-2004, 05:05 AM
That is possibly the best thing I have ever read. Did you make that up just now? Because if so, you are a genius!I've seen that thing before, but it is still pretty damn funny.

ZeZipster
04-28-2004, 10:52 PM
It was one an random away-message site. My friends and I were looking at them and we saw it and cracked up... I thought about adding verses but it'd be kind of pointless and moderatly pathetic. We sing it at school all the time, because we are TCG geeks.

SpiritWolf
05-02-2004, 05:54 AM
I still play the games but I don't like Pokemon as much as I used to and I used to be really good at the card game. I still am just the craze pretty much died.

Mo-Nercy
05-02-2004, 12:14 PM
I used to be fanatical about the card game when I was younger. I still have my old deck somewhere. Two Charizards and Four Moltres. Uber energy consumption. I never won :cry:

cactuar_12
05-04-2004, 12:40 AM
I love all the games. GSC just has so many combos (Perish-Trapping, Swift-Dancing) that some are probably lying waiting to be discovered (Belly Rest: Use Belly Drum, then Rest). The show was extremely stupid, though. Especially the new episodes. It's always:

Ash: I've almost got all the pokemon in the world!
Team Rocket: We're gonna steal your pokemon!
Ash: Pikachu! Thunderbolt!
Team Rocket: You can't thunderbolt us! We're wearing rubber/absorbing your energy into a battery! We're so smart!
*random pokemon comes by and beats the crap out of T.R.*
Team Rocket: Blargh! We lose!
Ash: I got my pokemon back! ...I'm even closer to becoming a pokemon master!

It's even worse than that, with basically no content and lame jokes without any humor.

Anyway, the games rule. :cool:

escobert
05-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Stadium rocks my socks.

Shlup
05-04-2004, 01:08 AM
I have silver. Its dull.

RSL
05-04-2004, 02:44 AM
I've never once played a pokemon game of any type. The closest I ever got was on Super Smash Bros. Melee, there was a pokemon thing or two. But I never used them.

Project G
05-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Stadium rocks my socks.

Are you looking forward to the Pokemon Stadium type game for GC (Thats if you have a GC)

Mattokenzi
05-18-2004, 09:29 AM
I have red and blue (I use an Xploder to have infinite rare candy and master balls) all Level 100 and get Mew

on yellow I have a surfing Pikachu (aka pikablu)

I lost Silver :( it's somewhere... out there :riiight:
I still have gold never used (but I use the Xploder to get all 3 pokemon and shiny pokemon and infinate stuff and celibi)

I got crystal (my favourite) no cheating there

and I have got sapphire now I need is ruby because legendary pokemon like Kyogre is on sapphire and Groundon is on ruby.

even though I'm 18 I still play it I just like RPG's there soooooo adictive :D

BatChao
05-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Are you looking forward to the Pokemon Stadium type game for GC (Thats if you have a GC)

Pokemon Colloseum isn't that great... they added an RPG mode, but it pales in comparison to the GBA games.

I can't wait for Fire Red and Leaf Green to come out... the originals are still my favorite...

Meat Puppet
05-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Along time ago me and my brother had red and blue. Then I got yellow, it was like a banana and at the same time I got DK2 and I got them mixed up all the time because the stickers faded.

Later, when I was in highschool me and my sister got gold & silver and I played it once in class and got beaten up for liking pokémon and that was the last time I played pokémon and the last brother-sister thing I have had

Oh, and I downloaded a couple of roms lately. Ruby and some crazy Japanese pokémon Green version.

Sephex
05-18-2004, 03:56 PM
The problem for me when it comes to Pokemon is that is gets to repetative. I hope the remakes for GBA will do something about that.

White Raven
05-18-2004, 04:55 PM
The remake for GBA apparently is just fancying it up. There won't be any change to the gameplay or what not.

I was obsessed with the original games way back when. I originally bought Red...then Yellow...then I bought Gold, and then I sorta grew apart from the Pokemon fad.

Vaan
05-24-2004, 09:43 AM
The first time I ever played a pokemon game was before I even knew what it was and before the craze even started here. It was a green cart...and it said 'Pocket Monsters' on it. Yup, it was the Japanese only Green Version. My dad found it at work and let me have it.

I played it on my Super Gameboy adapter thing and thought it to be extremely obscure. I just found it cool, but also strange. The fact that I couldn't read any of it didn't help either. I still felt very happy with it.

Years later when the pokemon craze started, I traded it for like 200 pokemon cards. Why God, why? I regret it because I lost the cards, got 'em stolen, whatever, I just don't have 'em anymore. If I still had the game I could easily play it with my new Japanese literacy.

In regards to Blue, Red, and Yellow, yeah, my friends and I were pretty into into it in sixth grade. Now I don't care much for any of it.

Except that little green cart...God I wish I still had it :cry: