PDA

View Full Version : Help?

xatrayux
04-28-2004, 01:28 AM
I'm not sure if questions like this are frowned upon (new to the forums), but I'm really desperate for some help.
I've been stuck on the Emissary mission since spring break. I had the option to take either The Qaudav Fetich mission over again, or take Emissary. Then, once I picked Emissary, I went to Windurst. I completed the portion of the mission there, then went to San d'Oria.
From what I've heard, I'm supposed to kill the Warchief Vatgit, but that's not what the NPCs have told me. Lord Halver and the Consulate have told me to "investigate the Yughott grotto, deep inside the ghelsba outpost". The warchief is located in the outpost, not the grotto.
Just to make sure I wasn't supposed to kill him, I did. I gained the title "Warchief Wrecker", went back to the consulate, and he told me to go talk to Halver. Halver told me to talk to the consulate. I later killed the Warchief two times again. No success.
I explored every parth of the Outpost, then the fort. I killed the Orcish Barricader, the Warchief Vatgit, and a ton of other orcs. I've gone through the grotto several times over with no success.
What am I supposed to do?

Jalbrean
04-28-2004, 01:40 AM
For the second part of the mission, head to to the Bastok Consolate in Northern San D'oria, and he will tell you to talk to Lord Halver in the Chateau. He will tell you only to head to Yughott Grotto deep inside Ghelsba Outpost. You will need to head to the burning circle to complete this mission, and it is recommended to have a solid party with you. To get to the burning circle, follow the walls to the right to the top portion of the Outpost and go into the tunnel behind an orc building, which will take you into Fort Ghelsba.

Head all the way to the top of Fort Ghelsba, and go into a tunnel behind another orc building to get to Yughott Grotto. You will see two exits other than the one you just entered: the southern one is to the hot springs on Horlois Peak, and the NE one is to the burning circle on Horlois Peak. Head to the burning circle and enter the battlefield, defeating the Dread Dragon and The Seeker. Head back to the consolate in San D'oria, and finally back to Bastok to complete the mission.

From FFXI.Allakazham.com

xatrayux
04-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Hopefully that'll work.
Thanks a ton. ^_^;

Lionx
04-28-2004, 01:58 AM
Your going to need a balanced party of either one BLM or BRD to sleep the dragon and then take out the seeker which would periodically silence the mages. Once the seeker is out try attacking the dragon then, if your having trouble with hp draining it unleash the 2hrs.

Lvl 25 cap, lvl 20 melee minimum recommended.

Citizen Bleys
04-28-2004, 03:08 AM
You've only got 5 levels of leeway?

Crap. Is that only for Bastok players, or do we all have to do it--somehow?

Ouch!
04-28-2004, 03:25 AM
It's for everyone. You have to go to the other two countries. It doesn't play out exactly the same for each of the countries, but you do end up fighting the same boss.

Citizen Bleys
04-28-2004, 03:34 AM
So what happens if you pooch it and jump past level 25? You have to start a new job and build it up?

Garland
04-28-2004, 05:14 AM
Nah, they temporarily drop you to the upper level cap. Make sure you prepare with the appropriate gear, or you might find yourself facing the dragon weaponless and in the nude. That's usually not a good thing - usually.

Lionx
04-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Yea unless your a mage, dont help someone do it without some appropiate armour and weapon(going in with your fists if your not a MNK is suicide).

This guy can be pretty hard if he does one of his rare TP oriented moves that area silences and/or major damages everyone. But its a pushover if everyone isnt dumb and does their part. Ping from ffxionline as a DRK/WHM Taru even soloed it(with the right items and food, he prolly prepared quiet a bit for it, its a pushover to parties, but solo is different, but can be done) in one of his many music videos. Just do your best and gl ^^b

Citizen Bleys
04-28-2004, 10:55 AM
Tarus have no HP, though.

I want this video.

Bahamut2000X
04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Wasn't it the Ping video of him with his little taru scythe slaughtering the thing like it was nothing? Although I don't remember seeing him kill the seeker in that movie. But meh maybe I missed it.

But ya dragon is pushover if your smart, unless everyone is about level 20-23 or you don't have some good damagers. And if you get a 25 Dragoon and 25 Dark Knight, they alone can handle the dragon while the rest fight the seeker.

But once you beat dragon, you find yourself doing it over...and over...and over. The weekend I killed it, I fought the Dread dragon 2 more times and the Dark Dragon 2 times, all to help people complete the mission.