PDA

View Full Version : A few random questions

Strider
04-28-2004, 05:46 PM
- The meter for Renzokuken is kinda confusing. When exactly are you supposed to hit the trigger? I hit enemies four or five times alright, but I'm never able to get the good attacks like Rough Divine or whatever.
- I'm tryin' to figure out where to get the tools in order to upgrade everyone's weapons, but I'm never able to figure it out. Any ideas?
- Isn't Laguna the goofiest Final Fantasy character ever?

Flying Mullet
04-28-2004, 05:55 PM
- The meter for Renzokuken is kinda confusing. When exactly are you supposed to hit the trigger? I hit enemies four or five times alright, but I'm never able to get the good attacks like Rough Divine or whatever.
- I'm tryin' to figure out where to get the tools in order to upgrade everyone's weapons, but I'm never able to figure it out. Any ideas?
- Isn't Laguna the goofiest Final Fantasy character ever?
Random questions deserve random answers:
1) Renzokuken is only good if you first de-pants Zell and have him moon the enemy.
2) Try Home Depot.
3) 88

Now for the serious answers:
1) No clue
2) A lot of the items needed to make new weapons are either stolen from enemies or obtained from GF abilites where you refine cards and items into new items
3) Yepper

Strider
04-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Okay, about number two.

Which GF Ability does that require? I made a wild stab and assumed Tool refinery from Siren, but I'm not entirely sure. Off-hand, I didn't have anything I could refine with that ability.

Flying Mullet
04-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I honestly can't answer this one 100%. Have you tried www.gamefaqs.com? If I was to answer your question I'd have to dig around in there so that would be my next suggestion. They might even have a specialzed FAQ or two dedicated to creating the weapons.

Del Murder
04-29-2004, 02:55 AM
Card Mod is the one you want, and for some reason I want to say Shiva has it, but it could be a later one. Play the card game and then refine for the tools you need. Mug (Diablos) helps a lot too. I try to mug everything before I kill it.

TasteyPies
04-29-2004, 02:59 AM
Dont think its shiva, but i could be wrong, if it isn't her then its Tonberry or Quez

DocFrance
04-29-2004, 04:38 AM
Thanks to Card Mod, it's possible to get the Lionheart during the first disc. And it's the Q-bird that learns it.

Kirobaito
04-29-2004, 04:43 AM
And no one answered El Mariachi's first question.

Press whatever you chose for the trigger button when the yellow flash is right within the box-thing. Actually, right before, because you need to anticipate. Getting a perfect will greatly increase your chances on getting a Bonus Attack. You learn it with time.

ShivaBlizzard8
04-29-2004, 04:53 AM
First of all, do away with the meter and set the "Trigger" command to auto. It makes your life so much easier. I believe you do that in Squall's stats menu somewhere. Then you don't have to worry about gauges and pressing L1 or whatever it is. Second, the random ending to Squall's Renzokuken series (i.e. "Rough Divide, Lionheart, ect) are learned by upgrading your gunblade. If you stil have the basic revolver model, you're not going to get the good limit breaks.

I'm tryin' to figure out where to get the tools in order to upgrade everyone's weapons, but I'm never able to figure it out. Any ideas?
As has been mentioned Card Mod and mugging are you best bets for obtaining the items. To find out exactly what items are required you can (A) check out the Weapons Monthly mags you should be finding around the FF8 world, or (B) go to a FAQ site such as this one: http://www.ffonline.com/ff8/squall.htm and scroll down to see what you need and what kind of monster drops it.

Isn't Laguna the goofiest Final Fantasy character ever?
Goofy? Yes. Goofiest ever? Ummmm. . . nah. :)

Big D
04-29-2004, 06:29 AM
The meter for Renzokuken is kinda confusing. When exactly are you supposed to hit the trigger? I hit enemies four or five times alright, but I'm never able to get the good attacks like Rough Divine or whatever.
First of all, do away with the meter and set the "Trigger" command to auto. It makes your life so much easier. I believe you do that in Squall's stats menu somewhere. Then you don't have to worry about gauges and pressing L1 or whatever it is. Second, the random ending to Squall's Renzokuken series (i.e. "Rough Divide, Lionheart, ect) are learned by upgrading your gunblade. If you stil have the basic revolver model, you're not going to get the good limit breaks.Actually, that's not entirely right... Setting the gunblade option to 'auto' will fire the weapon automatically during battle, doing double damage; however, in Renzokuken, Squall is automatically in temporary Beserk status, so he just whacks indiscriminately without firing. You need to set the gunblade option to 'manual', then press the confirm button just as the line on the gauge is entering the 'target area'. Doing this perfectly will greatly boost your chances of getting a special move; also, firing manually doubles the amount of damage that the hits will cause.