PDA

View Full Version : POL 1040 Error

Garland
04-28-2004, 10:24 PM
What began as a minor inconvenience is now a major pain in the - well, no need to get censored - you get the idea. I haven't been able to log into Playoffline since about 11:30 last night. My only assumption is that Square didn't learn from its mistakes when FFXI was initially launched, and has once again skimped on server size. I remember when the game was initially released, Square underestimated its popularity, and lots of people couldn't get on. One time, it's an honest mistake, but really, to again run out of server room, after making US gamers wait a couple of years before even releasing it - well, I don't know what to say. I got my first month free, and had no problems at all connecting. Am I going to have an entire paid month of nonaccess because of server issues? That'd basically null out my free month overall. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone fixed it? I don't want this to turn into a "If you don't like it, then don't pay for it, and quit whining" thread, because I like FFXI more than any game I've ever played. I'm addicted to it like alcohol or crack, and can't stop playing. I've gotta get back online, or all my regular teammates will have surpassed me in levels and I'll have to catch up before playing with them again. Any way to fix this?

Ouch!
04-28-2004, 10:49 PM
I suggest giving Play Online's help line or email a try. I really doubt any member here is going to know what to do, since it doesn't seem many people have run into this problem, as far as I know.

Lionx
04-29-2004, 12:57 AM
There were alot of ppl going on the patch server after the update, but it shouldnt have so much now. There was also a matienence that is fixing this problem. Theres also the fact that a GM said the servers arent even near their halfway mark so theres no need to worry.

Garland
04-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Just a quick update. For the last month or so (since I first signed up), I had my cable connection settings set to automatic, and haven't had any troubles till last night. About an hour ago, I went in, and set up a second connection setting, with all the numbers plugged in manually. Now, at least superficially, it thinks it's getting online. Instead of jamming at the "Initializing Ethernet Connection" phase, it jams up at the "Checking Playonline Viewer Version". It'll sit on this screen apparently "Checking" for ages, and do nothing. Considering I can get online with my pc, and had always been able to get online with FFXI untill now, I don't know who to blame. Since it's too late to call customer service, I'm probably going to be off the game for at least another night. I did notice on the Playonline site that they were fixing the 1040 error that was plaguing a small percentage of PS2 users. I hope my current dilemma isn't a result of said "fix". Anyhow, I'll keep posting updates here. Hopefully noone else has this problem, but it might be useful anyway.

Karoluz23
05-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Well I got my FF XI for PS2 the last saturday and I can not play FF XI, I have tried to make the update like 200 times and I am Off I am tired about playing tetramaster or about chat.

And always the same 0010 error I am beginig ti have nigthmares with that number, please if somebody knows what to do please help me.

Atte:

A very desesperated man... :mad2:

Ichy
05-04-2004, 06:25 PM
The registration server was down for maintenance and billing for a day or two. Don't sweat it, you'll get in :)

Karoluz23
05-04-2004, 09:29 PM
I hope so

I eally want to begin to play :D

Garland
05-05-2004, 04:45 AM
Just a note - I'm all set now. Might as well leave this open incase anyone else has technical difficulties. As it ends up, my blame was partially misplaced. It was my cable company at fault for a good half of my down time - they were having massive server problems. It didn't fully resolve till today.