PDA

View Full Version : [A] Portrayal of Suffering in an Artist.

Chaos
04-28-2004, 10:30 PM
This is my AS-level exam piece.
It's on a canvas 80cm by 100cm. It took two days and is in oil paints.
The quality is terrible, the flash went off and made it all shiny and the colours are more vibrant than they should be. I have a non flash version, but it came out blurry.
Anyway, tell me what you think, please?

Chaos

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-28-2004, 10:33 PM
It's beautiful. Love the vomit.

Chaos
04-28-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah, the vomit was inspirational.

So far 15 people commented on the vomit at school, the vomit and the vomit alone got the accolade, or the 'eeeew'. I prefer the term accolade.

Chaos

black orb
04-29-2004, 03:30 AM
>>> Nice painting.. but I think you should take more time working on it, just two days of work isnt enough when you use oil paints on a 80x100cm canvas.

Chaos
04-29-2004, 10:06 PM
If I could of done, I would. This was a timed 8 hour exam.
If I had the time I would of spent about a week on it, but as it was, I had to finish after 8 hours. I work quickly anyway, but this was pusing it. I felt constrained going onto a smaller 50x60 canvas, I wanted to work big, and I think it looks better like this.

Timed exams suck. :)

Chaos

Shadow Knight
04-29-2004, 10:12 PM
I really love it!

There isn't alot that I can say that's bad about it. Even the vomit is nice! :P

Good work.

Kami
04-29-2004, 11:36 PM
They look so sad :cry: it makes me want to cry. Why Chaos WHY!?!?!?! *sobs blood and vomits something that looks like orange juice*

vangelis debussy
05-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Im currently doing my as art work exam now, show you that in time. Anyway , back to you. Its quite good. Not the best ive seen but still good. The tyhing with art si one person says its good, another says its class. What are you predicted? I think it is good but not to my taste buds. sorry.

Cheers, vangelis

Chaos
05-03-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm predicted an A. I'll agree, it's not the best, but I like it none the less, which is I guess all that matters. :)
You're doing an AS-level? Its quite a bit of work isn't it. At least the theme of 'Icons' was a fairly wide one to work with, I'm assuming thats your theme, all other schools I've spoken to have had that one.

Chaos