PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill

Felldoh
04-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Any other fans of Silent Hill here? I've played all three of them many times over, and they've became my favorite video game series... barely beating out Final Fantasy. Sure, they are not the most exciting games ever, I'll admit that, but it's the story and scare factor I play them for.

Sephex
04-29-2004, 02:35 AM
Yeah, the second one is my favorite despite its flaws like not having a large variety of monsters. The story in that game is phenominal. I like that you actually have to think and figure out most of the plot yourself like a David Lynch movie or something. I also first played through that game when I was going through a rough time in my life, so the depressing nature the game presented was perfect for my state of mind.

I liked the third installment a lot too, I liked how the story was more straight forward than the first two. In other words, you didn't have to think to hard to get it. At the same time though, I didn't like it because I enjoyed pouding my brain to figure out the story. I appriciate SH3 explaining the first game though, confirming a lot of my theories.

All in all, it is a great series and I am very much looking forward to Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Erdrick Holmes
04-29-2004, 02:57 AM
I only played Silent Hill 1. I wouldn't say that game is all "Boo *shriek*" scary, it's more like one of those games that messes with your mind. My theory is that if you played that game late at night under the influence of drugs you'd either never go to sleep again or quite possibly commit suicide.

Mr. Graves
04-29-2004, 04:44 AM
I've only played SH 1 and 2 (as well as SH2: Restless Dreams) and they both were scary as hell. I've found SH1 to be a bit scarier than SH2, personally. The bloody walls/floors do that.

Yes, they're very good survival horror games, the scariest I've ever played. Good series.

Germ Hamee
04-29-2004, 05:10 AM
Wow, I love those games. They have some of the best plots I've ever run into, combined with great music, and such a claustrophobic atmosphere... I like that it's more a psychological kind of scary. It pulls out your subtle fears and fleshes them out. I find it far more effective at freaking me out than the Resident Evil CRASH!! MONSTER!! routine.

The first one did the best job of freaking me out. I had no idea what to expect, and as the game went on, it had me pretty much just wanting to hide in my bed with all the lights on... with a friend or two nearby. x_x I refuse to play it again.

Second is my favorite, though. Such a beautiful, sad story, and a really great soundtrack. The fourth installment is looking like it may be similar, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Shoyku
04-29-2004, 05:20 AM
I've only played Silent Hill 3, but by conversing with others, I have a good grasp of the entire story. It's one of my favourite PlayStation 2 games, and I've played it multiple times over. Great atmosphere, great plot, great secrets. It's an awesome game.

Erdrick Holmes
04-29-2004, 01:49 PM
In Slient Hill 1
In some of the rooms with lots of blood and crap there are lots of empty bottles lying around. I keep thinking that the Samael guys strewn all of the blood from thos bottles around. Any ideas on that?