PDA

View Full Version : ARGH I can't get a gold chocobo...

skatehippie
04-30-2004, 08:12 AM
okay so yes my setup is right...a black chocobo and a wonderful one both class s racers with attributes maxed out and using a zeio nut...

i've tried about 15 times and except for 3 black ones i've gotten all yellow ones...how many times dya have to try to get the damn thing?

why would the odds be that bad...i mean it's secret enough about the formula and mechanics for getting the special chocobos (for first time players anyway) so why should there be the added stress of resetting over and over and over? i mean yeah the "soft reset" makes it more bearable but comon i just want the friggin goldy so i can just go and get KotR...i'm only gonna use him for like 45 seconds!

so how many attempts did it take you guys before you got yours??

TheAbominatrix
04-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Sometimes it doesnt work out with a particular combo. Try it again, until you get another black. Then breed that black with a different wonderful. There are some pairings that just wont produce the ones you want.

I cant remember how long it took me to get mind... I'm not sure, but I think I got mine on the first try. It's been many years.

Zifnab
04-30-2004, 10:07 AM
I get varying success. Sometimes it's been within the first three attempts, but on bad playthroughs I can reset probably over 30 times. Just keep at it, it'll come out eventually.
why would the odds be that bad...i mean it's secret enough about the formula and mechanics for getting the special chocobos (for first time players anyway) so why should there be the added stress of resetting over and over and over?
I never understood that myself. It's one of the few things in FFVII that you really need a guide to do it with.

Teh_Sephiroth
04-30-2004, 11:50 AM
I've played it through 2 times and got a gold chocobo both times - both times I got it on the first try.
What up with that? :D

Linus J
04-30-2004, 11:26 PM
It's one of the few things in FFVII that you really need a guide to do it with.

Not really, I managed to find Chocobo Sage by a fluke and that's all there's to it really.

Linus
04-30-2004, 11:58 PM
OH GOD IT'S A DOPPELGANGER

KILL IT

Kirobaito
05-01-2004, 01:25 AM
I got mine on the first try. :p

skatehippie
05-01-2004, 05:04 AM
do the genders of the black/yellow chocobos count for anything?

ive been trying with a male black and a female yellow...

Teh_Sephiroth
05-01-2004, 05:38 AM
that's what I always use for some reason...

Kami
05-01-2004, 09:05 PM
OH GOD IT'S A DOPPELGANGER

KILL IT
Naruto?

Freya Coral
05-05-2004, 02:40 AM
do the genders of the black/yellow chocobos count for anything?

ive been trying with a male black and a female yellow...

The genders of the gold and wonderful chocobos shouldn't make a difference. I got mine on the first try. :D

If you get another black chocobo, race it until it reaches S class, and mate it with another wonderful chocobo (race it to S class also).

Watch out for Joe (the rider of that really fast black chocobo named Teioh)!! He's tough to beat!! :choc: