PDA

View Full Version : Something doesn't seem right about big boss

Maxico
04-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Me and this person I was talking to out of sheer lack of anything esle to were talking about the metal gear series and how solidus snake was made later but had accelerated growth as big boss was cloned at an older age that solid and liquid. I then remembered that in metal gear solid they wanted big boss's corpse as genetic material to clone a super army (his words were on the line of each cell could make a million soldiers). But wouldn't this mean that all of the clones created would be middle aged/old? (big boss was 20-30 in the 1960's, metal gear solid is set in 2005 and that makes the clones 65-75 years old at birth, not exactly soldier material).

gokufusionss1
04-30-2004, 05:38 PM
okay............ well if you think about all thats in the FICTIONAL story you could assume the early cloning techniques have advanced after all we do have the clone army.

Teek
04-30-2004, 11:27 PM
I was thinking about this, myself. Remembering that Solidus is President of the United States at this time - he is George Sears, mind - then do you think, perhaps, that what they're looking for isn't Big Boss's corpse, but the President himself? Surely Liquid knew who Solidus was. I think it'd be interesting to find out more about that.

Of course, otherwise. Say that Big Boss is in his twenties in the sixties. He died in the eighties, in his sixties, still going down as a soldier. Accredit it to his genes, but he really was the best soldier the world had seen - and I know quite a few people in their sixties that could kick my ass.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Liquid could not have had any idea who George Sears was. If he had, he certainly would have mentioned him while he was spilling his guts about Les Enfants Terribles to Snake. He even explained how the Genome Army was connected, so I doubt he would have left out such a big factor as a third clone of Big Boss if he had known better.

As for the fidelity of Big Boss's remains, yes, genetic engineering technology in 2005 will certainly be more advanced and efficient than it was in the '70s, when Les Enfants Terribles was initiated and Solid and Liquid (and presumably Solidus, shortly afterward) were born.

Also, Big Boss didn't die until 1999, by Snake's hand.