PDA

View Full Version : Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Help

MateriaBladeVII
04-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, I got this game a week ago and I'm totally hooked! It's so great! It's very much like the Super Mario RPG game that came out a long time ago for SNES- which I absolutely love! Geno even makes an appearance in the Little Fungitown arcade- which is so awesome! Anyways, back to the topic:

I'm having a lot of problems finding Hoo Beans to blend at the Starbeans Café- does anyone know of any Hoo Bean locations? They're supposedly the hardest to find in the game. All the info I can find on their locations is that that they usually can be found in hidden "?" blocks, but I don't know where any of those are! So if any of you who've played this game know any Hoo Bean locations- or just hidden "?" block locations- it'd be a big help. Thankies!

Del Murder
05-01-2004, 02:22 AM
Much later in the the game there are blocks that have 5 Hoo beans in them and they are easy to spot. I won't tell you where because I don't want to spoil it.

Kirobaito
05-01-2004, 04:27 AM
Wait - what is this game? GENO? ME MUST HAVE!

MateriaBladeVII
05-01-2004, 05:23 AM
Okay- I've been playing around awhile since my last post and I discovered a couple areas with hidden "?" blocks with Hoo Beans. I'm just gonna tell ya'll if any of you, too, are searching in need of some for the final blend.

First off, I found a room in Beanbean Castle Town next to the Pipe House. You need mini-Mario to get in and at the end of the maze you find a room with 5 hidden "?" blocks inside the castle walls. There's another mini-Mario required hidden room within Woohoo Hooniversity. It's on top of a wall in that one room where it requires a lot of splitting up of Mario and Luigi by shrinking or digging to move barrels and hit switches. The room right outside the door you had to unlock with mirrors to fight Cackletta has a hidden "?" block on the ledge on the right side. Also, a house in Beanbean Castle Town has like 3 hidden "?" blocks. There's 2 blocks in Little Fungitown- one on the jumping platforms outside the Embassy and one on a high ledge over the arcade. I found one in East Beanbean- on a ledge surrounded by a fence over the beach. That's all that I've found for now.

I've blended the Woohoo Blend, Chuckle Blend, Teehee Blend, Hoolumbian, Chuckoccino, and Teeheespresso (all but the Hoohoo Blend). And that makes 25 Hoo Beans that I need. Errgh. It's annoying that I can't find more! Please post if you've found more!

Del Murder
05-01-2004, 06:55 AM
Wait - what is this game? GENO? ME MUST HAVE!
This is a Game Boy Advance game that stars Mario and Luigi and is RPG based. But there are a lot of action elements which makes it a fine blend. You should pick it up if you play GBA. And if you don't, pick up a GBA, it's a great system.

Kirobaito
05-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I got a GBA on the first day it come out, yet I only have one game for it. I will buy it as soon as I can now.

MateriaBladeVII
05-01-2004, 10:12 PM
I found an area underwater beneath Southeastern Gwarhar Lagoon in which there are 3 hidden "?" blocks with Hoo Beans. There's one on the upper left side inside the Fire Temple in Oho Oasis. Also in Gwarhar Lagoon, in one area there is a little peninsula shaped like a square on the bottom left side of the screen- smack dab in the middle is a hidden "?" block. That's all for now.

Oh- I have another question. Does anyone know any ways to coax monsters that you encounter to drop equipment? The only times I've ever gotten monsters to drop items is getting Gold Beanie to drop Spike Badge, Eeker to drop School Slacks, and Mom Pirahna to drop Spiny Badge A. Supposedly you could get stuff from Trunkle and Hermie III, but I couldn't get them to drop stuff...

Rase
05-01-2004, 10:52 PM
I think it's all just dependent on luck. But I haven't played that game in a while, so I may be wrong...

*goes off to start playing it again*

Del Murder
05-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Find a badge that causes enemies to drop items. I'm not sure where you get it. Keep checking the shop.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-02-2004, 02:16 AM
Making all the blends gets you the GameBoy Horror SP. Equipping it makes enemies always drop rare items when they're defeated.

Del Murder
05-02-2004, 02:24 AM
Haha, looks like one problem solves the other.

MateriaBladeVII
05-02-2004, 03:22 AM
Hmmm- I guess it does! lol. Now... where to find more Hoo Beans...

omnitarian
05-02-2004, 02:19 PM
The best source for Hoo beans is the surfing minigame. The surfing minigame is on an island east of Beanbean Castle Town. It's tough to give exact directions.

If you aren't that far yet, hold off any bean collecting until you are. Patience is a virtue.

MateriaBladeVII
05-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh yeah- I just discovered that yesterday. I finally created the last blend and I got the GameBoy Horror SP so now I'm bringing in loads of rare items- which rocks! You know what I loved about the Starbeans Café? The fact that there was always some comical little scene with Professor E. Gadd (from Luigi's Mansion) whenever you blended a new beverage there. I'm gonna miss that. I liked the first one the best when the ghost came in and scared Luigi and then he went and got the vacuum he used in Luigi's Mansion. It was funny.

Anyways, I have a new question. You know that area in Northeast Beanbean where there's like six square patches with what looks like stumps or rocks in the middle of each; and there's a water pump and a guy walking around talking about spraying water? There's also what seems to be an unreachable Monty Mole atop a high ledge. What are you supposed to do here?! I'm totally stumped! I've tried spraying water on the things, but nothing happens! :grumble:

omnitarian
05-04-2004, 08:34 PM
I remember that place, but not exactly how to solve it or what you get...

Use different watering techniques on the stumps. Mario will spit out the water differently depending on wether you jump, hammer, or thunder it out of him. Just play around.

MateriaBladeVII
05-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Thunder it outta him?! Gee- I never thought of that! Maybe I should go try it! *dashes outta the room without a goodbye*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-05-2004, 12:28 AM
The reason I want to get the GBHSP as early as possible is because there's an item that the Piranha Bean boss will only yield if it's beaten with it equipped. (Without it, it yields a completely different item.) The surfing minigame doesn't come up until after the Beanstar is reassembled, so that's out. Right now, though, I only need one more Hoo Bean and haven't got even two pieces of the Beanstar, so it's all good.

Del Murder
05-05-2004, 02:52 AM
What is the item?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-05-2004, 03:38 AM
If you beat it without, you get the Piranha Swing (POW +25).
If you beat it with, you get the Piranha Suit (DEF +30 and HP Auto-Gain).

MateriaBladeVII
05-05-2004, 04:40 AM
What? You mean to tell me that I missed my chance to get the Piranha Swing??? Darn it! :grumble:

EDIT: Oh- and does anyone know how you can get the Bros. Life and Bros. Respect badges? No walkthrough ever says... It's weird...

Darth Naner
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
hmm... so the piranha plant also gives something good... I wanted GBH for Lucky Bros. after Trunkle!

Jowy
05-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:, this is ancient.

Levian
05-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Old indeed. Please don't revive old threads, Darth Naner