PDA

View Full Version : aeris haters?

MasterYuffie
05-01-2004, 02:00 AM
i hate aeris almost as much as i hate rinoa. anyone else despise aeris? while all my friends cried when they saw her death scence i was laughing and feeling ripped off that they didnt show any blood

zacks_clone
05-01-2004, 02:50 AM
well,your cruel and heartless;)

I am not really an Aerith hater...just...intense disliker.I cried the first time i saw the death scean, but the second time i was grinning happily at her demise. I like her in the sense that she was pure and kind and was the only hope and the cetra bit,and her part was crutual...but my love for her ends there. I hated her in battle. Hated her personality. Hated how she handled problumes. Hated that she couldnt take care of herself...Hated...the package i guess.

Rostum
05-01-2004, 03:05 AM
Who cares? No, seriously... who cares?

Lord Chainsaw
05-01-2004, 04:37 AM
I'm not an Aeris hater... but...

I AM a Tifa hater. It should have been you Tifa, it should have been you!

skatehippie
05-01-2004, 05:08 AM
tifa was just the better of the two!

when it came down to it, the designers figured, well, that tifa had better boobies so her worth amounted to more than aeris (i hate when people say aerith, seriously say it to yourself...you'll sound like you have a friggin lisp).

maybe it should have been yuffie...nobody likes her.

Kirobaito
05-01-2004, 05:11 AM
I won't post a rap in this thread. :)

I liked Aeris. The first time I played through the game she was in my party, because I didn't know she would...you know. She was much better than Tifa. In my opinion. I can't explain it.

TheAbominatrix
05-01-2004, 05:45 AM
I couldnt stand Aerith. She was very annoying from the beginning... her thing for Cloud seemed only because of his similarity to Zach. She was supposed to be such a kind person but she was very cruel to Tifa, throwing herself at Cloud like she did. She was downright rude at times, and always wanted her own way it seemed. I, too, was glad when she died.

Tifa I loved, because she was truly kind to everyone. People write her off as a slut because of her clothes, but she doesnt do one slutty thing in the entire game. She's quiet and even somewhat shy, and she works hard to help Cloud and the others.

HanaKirei
05-01-2004, 05:54 AM
Tifa I loved, because she was truly kind to everyone. People write her off as a slut because of her clothes, but she doesnt do one slutty thing in the entire game. She's quiet and even somewhat shy, and she works hard to help Cloud and the others.

I didn't write her off as slutty, I just developed an intense disliking for her since I honestly thought her character was two-dimensional. Tifa was there for the entire game, sure, but it never went further than that for me. She was just -there-. =/ At least that's how it felt to me. Meh.

Oh, and skatehippie - I like Yuffie. So there. :p

escobert
05-01-2004, 06:27 AM
I didn't really liek her since she was kinda weak. I never really used her much so I wan't sad when she died... and my brother told me she was gogin to die.. DAMN HIM!

skatehippie
05-01-2004, 07:12 AM
but TIFA contributed so much...when Cloud was trying to find himself, she had so much more depth in that part than most characters do in an entire game *cough Rinoa cough*

Big D
05-01-2004, 07:58 AM
I like her attitude and personality - serious and intelligent, but playfully bratty at times. She kept things to herself well, and was pretty considerate of how others would react - Tifa, for instance. I like the way she isn't "one person" all the time - depending on the situation, she can be stern and motivated, or light-hearted, or even cheeky and impetuous as appropriate. A good balance, I think.
Also, I consider her one of the most genuinely "heroic" FF characters - she went on a dangerous journey, leaving home for the first time in her adult life, because of the chance to confront/discover her past. Once she learned the truth, she literally gave everything to do her best for the planet.

Actually, she's one of the better characters out of all the games, in my opinion.

aeris2001x2
05-01-2004, 10:39 AM
as u can tell my nickname i like aeris alot and whoever said she couldnt look after herself was wrong. maybe she did get caught a few times but so did all the characters. she didnt whine like a rinoa, she just ensured ppl like marlene were ok.

i thought the beauty of aeris was her beautiful playful nature. maybe she seemed a bit selfish or mean, escpically to to tifa, but it was always playful not serious. and what choice did she have but to look on the bright side considering her cruel heritage and destiny.

seriously if topics like this keep continuing i,m gonna have to holy u to death master yuffie lol.

Rostum
05-01-2004, 11:00 AM
She's most likely the greatest hero in the game. Aeris knew of what she had to do, and only SHE could deal with it... that would be an amazing human quality to posses. Expecially since she was always looking on the bright side of the journey and trying to cheer most of the people.

What did Tifa have? To be worried that Aeris would steal Clouds heart? Heh, that's a real burden... :rolleyes2

At least that's what I think.

TheAbominatrix
05-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Tifa had the burden of Cloud's past, not to mention the rest of the world, like AVALANCHE. She quite clearly cared about the planet and about all her friends, just because she didnt go get a sword through her stomach doesnt make her any less caring. Plus she was the only one left alive, save for Cloud himself, who knew the truth behind all his lies. She had the full burden of helping him without destroying his rather fragile psyche. If she wanted to be with Cloud so desperatly, she could have said something or flirted at least, but she didnt. And I think that, if Cloud would have ended with Aerith (if she were there and all) Tifa would have been okay with it. Sad, but okay.

Rostum
05-01-2004, 12:30 PM
You do have a valid point that I did not take into concideration, thanks Abominatrix. You are right about Tifa having the burden of Clouds past... although I think all the crew had the burden of saving. Aeris DID have a much bigger burden, and that's what I think. She knew what she had to do, and the pain she'd leave behind for everyone... gees when I think about it towards myself and all the people that would miss me... I get scared! Imagine actually having to 'do' it.

But yeah, maybe Tifa did have just as great a burden, seeing as she was the one that had to stay alive and stay by Cloud's side... Haha, you have confused me! Let me think about this more and I'll come back to the thread.

TheAbominatrix
05-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Aerith definitly did have a big burden. She was the last of her kind, and thus hunted by the Shin Ra. She could hear the voice if the planet, which definitly has to be a huge weight on one's shoulders. And she had to feel a lot of responsibility for things, whether they were beyond her control or not. What she did, going off to save the world and knowing she may not come back, was very brave. I dont like her at all, but I cant deny that it was brave.

And yeah, the planet's burden was shared by... hmm... Well Barret for sure, who had a lot of responsibilities and burdens himself, Aerith, Red XIII, and Cloud eventually. I suppose Yuffie and Vincent may have cared too, but they had their own agendas, too, that took precidence for them.

Ultima Shadow
05-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Stop those "I hate this and that character" posts. They are just annoying. :mad:

Kami
05-01-2004, 09:01 PM
I didn't really liek her since she was kinda weak. I never really used her much so I wan't sad when she died... and my brother told me she was gogin to die.. DAMN HIM! Same here. *shrugs* she wasn't a really great character and was really weak. But I don't hate her nor like her.

Lord Chainsaw
05-01-2004, 10:17 PM
I couldnt stand Aerith. She was very annoying from the beginning... her thing for Cloud seemed only because of his similarity to Zach. She was supposed to be such a kind person but she was very cruel to Tifa, throwing herself at Cloud like she did.

You'll have to excuse my severe lack of arguing talent over these FF7 matters. I haven't touched the game in years.

Tifa never made a move on Cloud. Is that Aeris' fault? You expect Aeris to stay away from Cloud because Tifa might someday decide to make a move on him? Let's create a situation here: That's like me getting pissed off if someone takes a girl I've been liking for 6 years but had never had the guts to make a move on. I should be mad at the other guy because he had the guts to do something I hadn't ever been able to do? Who's fault is that? And don't say she only did it only to be mean to Tifa, because she made a move on Cloud well before she was aware of Tifa's existence.

And yes, at the beginning Aeris does like Cloud because he resembles Zack. But who wouldn't? If I lost somebody and then saw the qualities I loved about them in another person, I'd take a liking to that person to. After being alone for such a long time, people tend to seek companionship. After all, why do people remarry? She sees this knight in shining armor that literally falls into her lap and reminds her of her lost love. What do you expect her to do? It is also made clear that Aeris changes and develops into a stronger person, loving Cloud for being Cloud in that gold saucer scene "Cloud I want to meet you."

What irks me though is those people who say they laughed at the end of disc 1. Even if it was a character that I disliked that that happened to, such as Yuna or Tifa I still wouldn't be happy or laugh. That's just an asinine thing to do. Those kinds of people need to stop playing RPGs and move on to something like Halo.

Draupnir2005
05-01-2004, 11:05 PM
I like Aries. I i think she's the only person in most of the Final Fantasys does somthing about what she talks about other than bitch like crazy. Let's look at Squall. For the first two discs he wanders around randomly bitching about Edea! HE FAILS TO KILL HER! Now lets take a look at Garnet/Dagger! She spends disc 1&2 moaning about her mother, when she has the chance to stop her she talks to her and fails to stop her!

Tifa sucks too! I wish that she would have died rather than Aeris. Tifa serves no purpose.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-02-2004, 06:31 AM
whats there to not like aeris?

what did she do wrong...? Nothing! Or is that why people hate her because she is "perfect"!?

TheAbominatrix
05-02-2004, 09:10 AM
You'll have to excuse my severe lack of arguing talent over these FF7 matters. I haven't touched the game in years.

Tifa never made a move on Cloud. Is that Aeris' fault? You expect Aeris to stay away from Cloud because Tifa might someday decide to make a move on him? Let's create a situation here: That's like me getting pissed off if someone takes a girl I've been liking for 6 years but had never had the guts to make a move on. I should be mad at the other guy because he had the guts to do something I hadn't ever been able to do? Who's fault is that? And don't say she only did it only to be mean to Tifa, because she made a move on Cloud well before she was aware of Tifa's existence.

I never said that. It just bothered me that she laid it on so thick in front of Tifa. Even if you like a guy, if you know your friend feels the same, you should keep your flirting to a minimum when that person is around. It's common decency. And I didnt say she did it to be mean to Tifa, I said it was mean to do it.

And yes, at the beginning Aeris does like Cloud because he resembles Zack. But who wouldn't? If I lost somebody and then saw the qualities I loved about them in another person, I'd take a liking to that person to. After being alone for such a long time, people tend to seek companionship. After all, why do people remarry? She sees this knight in shining armor that literally falls into her lap and reminds her of her lost love. What do you expect her to do? It is also made clear that Aeris changes and develops into a stronger person, loving Cloud for being Cloud in that gold saucer scene "Cloud I want to meet you."

And... this changes my point how? It makes me dislike her. If you like her for it, kudos to you.

What irks me though is those people who say they laughed at the end of disc 1. Even if it was a character that I disliked that that happened to, such as Yuna or Tifa I still wouldn't be happy or laugh. That's just an asinine thing to do. Those kinds of people need to stop playing RPGs and move on to something like Halo. [/color]

Then you're far better than us. Please dismount the high horse. We arent forcing anything on you by laughing at the death of Aerith. We are entitled to our own opinions, as are you.

whats there to not like aeris?

what did she do wrong...? Nothing! Or is that why people hate her because she is "perfect"!?

Wow, you got us there! We're all just jealous! None of these reasons in this thread are real, it's all just jealousy cause we wish we could be more like perfect Aerith![/sarcasm]

Spuuky
05-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I don't like Aeris at all, but I dislike people who say "Aerith" even more.

Rusty
05-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Aries and Tifa were just average characters that didn't capture my heart at all, not like Rinoa or Selphie did in FF8!
There wasn't anything special that happened that made you love them...That is why Yuffie rules :D

Will people stop saying aerith? Soo annoying :D

TheAbominatrix
05-02-2004, 10:47 AM
I prefer Aerith, and I will keep using Aerith.

Rostum
05-02-2004, 11:46 AM
My conclusion: She's just a video game character. =P

zacks_clone
05-02-2004, 04:14 PM
My conclusion: She's just a video game character. =P

WHAT?!JUST a video game character?! :cry: why didnt you people tell me sooner!!!

Anyways...I seem to see alot of "Aeris only liked Cloud because he resembed Zack"...If you think about it,Zack probably didnt even love her,so why would she go after this man who left her for another woman?Zack was probably Final fantasy VIII's Ivring-"The ladies man".I believe Aeris said that he was fond of woman,and probably found himself another girl. That was most likely true,from what we have seen of Zack.Sure he was loving and caring,but he was still human.Still a guy(no offence to guys), and probably one of the men who would toss a good woman and run after a better looking one. Shallow. So...Why would aeris be attracted to somone who looks like this man who basicly left her?(( Big fan of Zack, but I am not a fan of AerisXZack ))

Now, Aeris did sorta make a "move" on Cloud, and Tifa had strong feelings for Cloud. You could see her feelings...but if you looked at how Aeris played this little love game...it was exactly that to her, a game. Tifa truly struggled with her feelings,while Aeris seemed to just be a friend playing with emotions. If you refer to the standard date, it believe that was there for the fun of it, and to hint that Cloud was living as Zack. Aeris knew this! She wasnt attacted to Cloud at all! She knew he was living as Zack,and she was(as tifa was) playing along to try and help him!"I want to meet...you"

One scean that always makes me want to hit Aeris was when Barret first encountred his home town again, and then the group moves to the gold saucer. tifa trys to help Barret, while Aeris tells her "no,just act like everythings normal".Shes all happy and skippy and truly gets Barret angry. This was just childish of her, though it was a good idea. If the situation had been something more minor, i would have thought that doing that would have been fine. It wasnt. That scean always bothers me.

So...I have sorta voice my opoions on topics that were brough up here...Mostly against Aeris and I am sorry for that,really.

Sefie1999AD
05-02-2004, 05:19 PM
I don't like Aeris at all, but I dislike people who say "Aerith" even more.

Aerith is just as correct as Aeris, if not more, since FF7 soundtrack and Kingdom Hearts both call her Aerith. I don't have any problems with those who say Aeris or Aerith, but I don't like it how some people call her Aries.

I think Aeris was a pretty nice character for the time she was in your party. I still prefer Tifa over Aeris because she's really friendly and loyal to Cloud, and she still loves Cloud despite all the lying and mess-ups Cloud has done. However, Aeris had a good and dramatic background story, her music theme rules and she gives her life to save everyone from the Meteor. And if you can get Aeris' Great Gospel limit break, it's really great for the time you can use it.

I think the date sequences with Tifa and Yuffie are more interesting than the date with Aeris. Tifa's is more romantic while Yuffie's is simply funny. Aeris is just comparing Cloud to Zack for no reason and then saying she wants to meet the "real" Cloud. The date between Cloud and Aeris wasn't bad, but it wasn't very interesting, either. Finally, I think it was very rude of Aeris to go and ask Cait Sith about her and Cloud's compability. Especially if you have Tifa in your party at that time.

Lord Xehanort
05-02-2004, 06:02 PM
I'd like to point out that the word 'Aerith' is (thankfully) never spoken in KH. It's listed... nothing more.

I didn't like Aeris' hippie-esque 'Love everything' attitude. (kinda like Selphie w/ "PEACE, LOVE, EVERYBODY!") I can't stand that happy-go-lucky attitude. I always go for depressed characters (like me). Cloud, Vincent and Sephiroth demonstrate this in some way, and I love all three of them.

Also, Aeris died in the wrong way! She gets impaled and SMILES! Not even one of those 'You fell for it, biatch!' mischevious grins. It was a happy smile! No blood, no screaming, nobody running to save her but being tragically too late, NOTHING!

Rye
05-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Also, Aeris died in the wrong way! She gets impaled and SMILES! Not even one of those 'You fell for it, biatch!' mischevious grins. It was a happy smile! No blood, no screaming, nobody running to save her but being tragically too late, NOTHING!

Man, do I agree with you there. I hate Aeris. She's too happy, too flirty with Cloud, and too PINK.

Maybe she smiled because she knew she was possibly the worst FF Female ever and it was good for her to die.

Lord Xehanort
05-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Man, do I agree with you there. I hate Aeris. She's too happy, too flirty with Cloud, and too PINK.

Maybe she smiled because she knew she was possibly the worst FF Female ever and it was good for her to die.

*huggles Rye*

Finally, someone agrees with me!

BG-57
05-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Kinda funny how phoenix down never works when the plot requires it to. :rolleyes2 A lot like in Final Fantasy Tactics with Teta's murder by Algus. Her body lies in the middle of the battlefield and yet phoenix down doesn't work.

TheAbominatrix
05-03-2004, 01:28 AM
Pheonix Downs and the Life spell only reverse knock outs and swoons, not death. It says it in the description.

Lord Chainsaw
05-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Even if you like a guy, if you know your friend feels the same, you should keep your flirting to a minimum when that person is around. It's common decency.

Then you're far better than us. Please dismount the high horse. We arent forcing anything on you by laughing at the death of Aerith. We are entitled to our own opinions, as are you.

Quite funny how you talk about common decency and then defend the idea of laughing at her death.

TheAbominatrix
05-04-2004, 04:29 AM
Oh no! I laughed at the death of a video game character! What a horrible human being I am.

Come off it. It's a video game character. I know she's some beautiful thing to you, but to me she's a digital character on a screen. No matter how much I like or hate a character, it wont blur the line between digital and real. I didnt like her, I laughed when she died. I'm sure in your mind I'm a horrible person, but frankly I really dont care.

BG-57
05-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Fainting and swooning? Even with that description, the game is logically inconsistent. You fight monsters until their HP reach zero and they don't faint, they die (or at least disintegrate). A monster knocks down a characters HP to zero and they just faint? It doesn't make sense.

And the E-skill Level 5 Death is incorrect. It should be Level 5 K.O. or something.

Edit: I forgot about Revive materia. I'll concede that you can also revive people who faint, but Life1 and Life2 sound like something to bring back the dead not wake up unconscious people.

I suspect calling the temporary loss of a character 'dead' sounds too offensive or harsh to some people, so they're softening it.

Breine
05-04-2004, 07:38 PM
I liked her a lot. She was a great character, no doubt about that, and she was very important for the game. She was a gentle character and yes, I found it sad when she died... But as sad as it was I wasn't crying. That's a little too extreme, I think.

TheAbominatrix
05-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Fainting and swooning? Even with that description, the game is logically inconsistent. You fight monsters until their HP reach zero and they don't faint, they die (or at least disintegrate). A monster knocks down a characters HP to zero and they just faint? It doesn't make sense.

And the E-skill Level 5 Death is incorrect. It should be Level 5 K.O. or something.

Edit: I forgot about Revive materia. I'll concede that you can also revive people who faint, but Life1 and Life2 sound like something to bring back the dead not wake up unconscious people.

I suspect calling the temporary loss of a character 'dead' sounds too offensive or harsh to some people, so they're softening it.

Okay, to put it quite simply, if people died in battle (people, not monsters) and can be revived with a Life spelled (the spell is called RAISE in Japan for the love of Pete, Life is a bad translation) then how does anyone in the FF world die? Why wouldnt they call the loss of a character death when usually at least one well-known character in every FF kicks the bucket? If Life restores life, why is it so selective? Why does it only work in battle?

Next time you play an FF and your people get knocked down, look at their status (like, for example, when your character has haste cast on them, it should say 'Haste' next to their name. How you view the status varies from game to game). It will always say 'K.O.', 'Swoon', or something to that effect.

And, quite simply, if a character dies in battle... how does spending the night in an inn or tent restore their life?

zacks_clone
05-04-2004, 11:28 PM
lets pretend for a moment that there were no iteams of revival spells at all...

...you= X.X= dead

the life spells,reviaval,heal,regain,extra were there for gaming purposes.

BG-57
05-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Okay, to put it quite simply, if people died in battle (people, not monsters) and can be revived with a Life spelled (the spell is called RAISE in Japan for the love of Pete, Life is a bad translation) then how does anyone in the FF world die? Why wouldnt they call the loss of a character death when usually at least one well-known character in every FF kicks the bucket? If Life restores life, why is it so selective? Why does it only work in battle?

Next time you play an FF and your people get knocked down, look at their status (like, for example, when your character has haste cast on them, it should say 'Haste' next to their name. How you view the status varies from game to game). It will always say 'K.O.', 'Swoon', or something to that effect.

And, quite simply, if a character dies in battle... how does spending the night in an inn or tent restore their life?

Materia is expensive and not everyone can afford it. Also (I suspect) Revive materia is used to cure people who died from wounds, not from natural causes.

This doesn't explain why spells like Life and phoenix downs don't bring back enemies, even human enemies. And E-skills can affect both the party and enemies like Roulette. It seems silly that it kills enemies and knock out party members.

I know about statuses but I think it should say 'dead'.

I agree about the Inn, but the game seems divided on what happens to party members when their HP reach zero.

Clearly the game makes a distinction between dying in battle and dying because of the plot requirements. I contend that the distinction is arbitrary.

Rye
05-04-2004, 11:39 PM
I just think of it as them fainting and if they all faint the monsters can, you know, kill them. Not as them dying.

TheAbominatrix
05-04-2004, 11:52 PM
What does Materia have to do with this argument as a whole? What about in worlds with white mages? And that still doesnt say why it doesnt work everytime. Aerith died from a wound, didnt she? So why didnt they just cast Life or Revive, or give her a Pheonix Down.

When the game says they're K.O.ed, that's a lot more important than your opinion on what their status is. And Rye is right.

BG-57
05-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Materia is the basis for all spells and spell casting in FFVII. Most curative/restorative spells require a materia to cast. White magic in other games is innate, or learnable but almost always rare.

My point is they should have been able to raise her. They couldn't because the plot required it. But if zero HP (for party members, not enemies) isn't death, then many of the spell names are wrong or misleading.

TheAbominatrix
05-05-2004, 12:15 AM
As I already said, the spell is called Raise in Japan. Life is a bad translation.

I'm refering to Final Fantasy as a whole. Life has never restored life (except, perhaps, in one... but you'll have to ask DJ Zen about that). In IV people can be taught magic if they show a talent for it, and it's not at all rare. In VI it's rare. VII has materia, VIII has draw, IX and X go back to people learning it. But no matter how it exists, Life never restores life. The correct name is Raise.

Important characters die in every game. "Because the plot requires it." doesnt make enough sense to be a proper explination as to why Life doesnt restore life. Life doesnt bring people back to life. It revives after K.O., as the spell descriptions say.

~Tenderness~
05-06-2004, 12:53 AM
~

I never said that. It just bothered me that she laid it on so thick in front of Tifa. Even if you like a guy, if you know your friend feels the same, you should keep your flirting to a minimum when that person is around. It's common decency.

When did Tifa tell Aeris that she had feelings for Cloud? It's been a long time since I played and if that part exists I don't remember it :-\

At the time Aeris joined the party Tifa and Cloud weren't even an item. Cloud was fair game at the time in my opinion *^_^*

However even though Aeris is one of my favourite characters I am more of a Cloti fan than a Cleris fan :) Both couplings are quite sweet though and it's fun to read about them *^_^*

I like Aeris. I believe she was open and honest most of the time, I don't believe she deliberately meant to hurt anyone by being so. She was playful ... almost childlike at times ... yet she was also mature and mysterious at other times.

I don't understand why people dislike happy characters :erm: I think happiness is meant to be a positive thing :)

I also don't understand why people think Aeris is weak in battle. If she is equipped properly then her physical attacks aren't all that weak. On my best disc one save she only deals a few hit points damage less than Tifa and Cloud the other two characters I have in my party and sometimes she deals more damage than them if she lands a critical hit on the enemy *^_^* It is also possible to boost her strength with Power Sources and if she had lived it would have been possible to stat max her strength so she probably would have been able to hit for nine thousand nine hundred and ninty nine hit points worth of damage points alongside the other characters. She also has the highest magic stat so she can deal a lot of damage with Beta, Aqualang, etc on disc one *^_^* Her spirit is also high which means she takes less damage from magical attacks.

As for her limit breaks I quite often find most of them very useful.

Below is an Aeris/Aerith limit break faq that I wrote. It has some of my personal thoughts on her limit breaks in it *^_^* Feel free to tell me what you think of it if you want :)

Healing Wind: Restores the hit points of all three characters in battle without using up any magic points. This skill will heal half of a character's maximum hit points. For example if Cloud has five hundred hit points, Tifa four hundred and Aeris three hundred they will be healed for two hundred and fifty, two hundred and one hundred and fifty hit points respectively. Yuffie’s Clear Tranquil skill has the same effect. Many people use All+ Restore Materia combination to heal the party early on in the game but I personally never say no to free health fill ups while I have the chance.

Seal Evil: Stops and casts silence on the enemy. I myself have yet to use this limit break in random encounters but I found it useful against APS in the Midgar Sewers, Lost Number Boss as well as against Reno and Rude at Gongaga.

Breath of the earth: Fully cures the party of negative status effects. I have to admit that this is the one limit break that Aerith uses that I have a problem with, it can be useful for example to cure the whole party of i.e "Poison" but not so useful when it cures the party of i.e "Fury” While the "Fury" can be seen as negative status as it decreases the attack hit rate, it also allows the limit break bar to fill up quicker and so can be a useful aid for training up limit skills with. The only time I really use this limit break is when Aerith is training to gain her next limit break "Fury Brand",she has to use "Breath of the Earth" five or so times to gain the "Fury Brand" skill.

Fury Brand: Aerith sacrifices her own limit break by using the energy stored in her limit bar to fill up the limit bars of the other two party members that are being used in battle. For example, Cloud’s and Tifa's bars are full, they then use one of their limit skills thus emptying their limit bars, Aerith then uses Fury Brand to fill their limit bars up again. This means they now have the chance to immediately use a limit break again without having to wait for the bar to fill up by enemy attacks. Fury Brand is also an excellent aid to use when training to gain new limit skills, example a character needs to use limit break a specific number of times to gain a new limit skill, Fury Brand increases the usage of limit skills thus enabling characters to learn limit skills quicker.

Planet Protector: Aerith makes the whole party invincible for a short while. I haven't got much to comment on here, as far as I can see this is a good limit break, the invincible status is always good in my opinion. I found this limit skill useful in a battle against Midgar Zolem when I was aiming to learn the Beta enemy skill from it very early on in the game.

Pulse of Life: Fully restores the hit points and *bonus * magic points of the party. I’ve found this limit break to be very useful in random battles while building up the levels of characters and it's also very useful during the Wutai side quest where Yuffie has stolen the team’s materia.

Great Gospel: Fully restores the team’s hit and magic points as well as making them party invincible for a limited period. The only bad points I can see about this limit skill is that it can make battles much too easy (which isn't a problem for me, I like feeling like a goddess ;-)) and that there is a limited time period in which Great Gospel can be used. The fact that the invincible status is limited also doesn't bother me, because my characters are usually strong enough to finish the battle before the status wears off.

I think that is all that I have to say at the moment. I might edit my post to include my opinion of Tifa ( I like her a lot too by the way) or I might do that it my next post, I'm not sure yet *^_^*

Edit: I'm starting to notice a few typos and stuff in my faq :-[ I'll need to fix them sometime.~

TheAbominatrix
05-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Tifa never tells her, but Aerith clearly knows. Aerith references that Tifa likes him a few times.

Sefie1999AD
05-06-2004, 09:01 AM

Not quite. In FF1-3 NES, it says "Dead". In addition, when you go into the menu, you'll see characters with tombstones or crosses and texts like R.I.P. (at least in FF2j, not sure about FF3j). However, they can still be revived if you use Life spell or (in FF2j) a high-level Esuna spell on them. Or if you bring them to Clinic/Church/Statue/Reviving Spring/etc to be revived. In FF1 Origins, when you go to Church with someone having 0 HP, the Priest asks you, "You want to revive [name]?" and if you choose yes and pay for the revival, he says "Arise, fallen warrior!" Then you see two angels coming down from the heavens and revive the character.

TheAbominatrix
05-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Ah, I havent played those ones. DJZen says it's because death really didnt effect the plot as much then...

But in IV on, the point is moot. VII most especially.

Sefie1999AD
05-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Ah, I havent played those ones. DJZen says it's because death really didnt effect the plot as much then...

But in IV on, the point is moot. VII most especially.

Maybe it didn't in FF1, but FF2 has a lot of characters dying, even some who are in your party. Life spells won't work, and you can't carry their bodies to reviving statues. FF3j also has quite a few characters dying.

About FF4, I think that kind of proves how battle mechanics don't work with the story. You can try using Soft (Gold Needles) to remove Palom and Porom's petrification, but it won't work until Mysidia's Elder comes and heals them. FF5 also has a similar situation. When Galuf defeats Exdeath with 0 HP left, he's heavily wounded, and he dies even though the party uses Cure 3, Phoenix Down, Life and Elixir on him. I also like FFT's system. When someone gets KOed there, you'll have 3 turns to use Phoenix Down or Life spells on that character or he/she will die, and it's impossible to revive him/her. The same applies to monsters.

*UNMARKED FF7 SPOILERS BELOW!*

Even if battle mechanics worked with FF7's story, would you guys really had revived Aeris with Phoenix Downs or Life spells when she was stabbed by Sephiroth? It would totally undo a powerful scene which many people find really tragic and which makes them hate Sephiroth even more, enough to go and defeat him for everything he's done. And I don't think Aeris would have wanted to be revived. At least not yet. Her mission was to pray for Holy to save the Planet, and the only way to make Holy appear was when a soul praying for it reaches the Planet. And AFAIK, one can only reach the Planet when one dies. Maybe she wanted to survive, maybe she wanted to return when her mission is done ("I'll come back when it's all over!"), but she still completed her hard task.

Imperia
05-07-2004, 04:24 PM
I like Aeris, but I like Tifa more. Aeris is HIGHLY overrated. I say this not because of her good deeds (that's a good reason to like her), but she's overrated because of her personality. Everyone thinks she an all-pure, all-perfect, goddess-type character who's very sweet, but she's NOT PERFECT. She acts like a brat from time to time. She's got a bad temper, and there were a few times (if you put her in your party, and choose not to do a certain thing in the game), where she wants things HER way and pouts when you don't do it. Aeris is a great character, but again SHE'S NOT PERFECT. Plus, she had no right to throw herself on Cloud just because he reminded her of her lost boyfriend-whom she cared for deeply. As I think about that, it's possible that she just saw Cloud as Zak's replacement. Kind of a dumb way to get a new boyfriend...

I'm also so sick of the anti-Tifa's flames on her. Sure, everyone has their own thoughts on characters, but there's a point where it crosses the line. It irks me when they (not only when ignorantly call her a slut), but when they call her weak and/or pointless just because she's shy. People who hate shy people are down right cruel. I say this, because I'm a pretty quiet person offline. I'm quiet, but I'm not weak.

Those who think Tifa should have died instead, I think they have some seroius issues. Kind people (and characters) do NOT deserve to be murdered. Tifa doesn't deserve it, and neither did Aeris.

aeris2001x2
05-07-2004, 10:17 PM
lol i think aeris and tifa are very different but are both fantastic people. they are simultaneosly oppisites and the same.i suppose it comes down to who is closer to the kind of girl you would like to date or have as a daughter or be your best friend etc.

its that
awful word,bias again.

and cute beats hot every time. i also think aeris is not perfect, far from it, but this is her beauty. she is unearthly, an ancient, but also very human. she may be spiteful to tifa sumtimes but its just her playful ness. she has a heart of gold. remember, she sacrifices her life to save the world instead of having cloud, knowing tifa would take good care of him...

i,ll stop now, i have much more to say but i,ll be here all night lol.

~Tenderness~
05-08-2004, 08:17 PM
~
Tifa never tells her, but Aerith clearly knows. Aerith references that Tifa likes him a few times.

Good point. I remember that now. Yeah if the player takes Tifa to the temple of the ancients Aeris will still ask Cait Sith to predict how compatible she and Cloud are which is quite a bitchy thing to do. However I personally don't think that obliterates the good points that Aeris has and I think it ceases to be as bitchy an action if Tifa isn't taken to the temple of the ancients with Cloud and Aeris. Besides Tifa was bitchy/mean at times too, for example if the player takes the stairs at the Shinra Headquarters she calls Barret a retard which isn’t very nice ;) However that doesn't obliterate the good points that Tifa has.

I like Aeris, but I like Tifa more. Aeris is HIGHLY overrated. I say this not because of her good deeds (that's a good reason to like her), but she's overrated because of her personality. Everyone thinks she an all-pure, all-perfect, goddess-type character who's very sweet,

Not everyone thinks that. I'm an Aeris fan and I don't think she was a completely pure and perfect character *^_^* However I do think she is sweet at times. She has her flaws but she has her good points too. Same goes for Tifa in my opinion *^_^*

I agree with what aeris2001x2 said about Aeris being an ancient but also very human :) In fact that's one of the things that I like about her :)

but she's NOT PERFECT. She acts like a brat from time to time. She's got a bad temper, and there were a few times (if you put her in your party, and choose not to do a certain thing in the game), where she wants things HER way and pouts when you don't do it. Aeris is a great character, but again SHE'S NOT PERFECT.

I thought those scenes where she seemed angry were funny :D They added characterisation I think.

Plus, she had no right to throw herself on Cloud just because he reminded her of her lost boyfriend-whom she cared for deeply. As I think about that, it's possible that she just saw Cloud as Zak's replacement. Kind of a dumb way to get a new boyfriend...

I believe Aeris didn't care deeply for Zack. She liked him but it wasn’t serious. She even states so.

Cloud and Aeris in the Sector Six playground :

Aeris "My first boyfriend."
Cloud "You were... serious?"
Aeris "No. But I liked him for a while."

Another quote:

Cloud "I probably knew him. What was his name?"
Aeris "It doesn't really matter."

She doesn’t seem to care that Cloud might know Zack. Perhaps Cloud could have even known Zack’s location. Of course we as players can later find out that Zack is dead but Aeris doesn’t know what has happened to him. Wouldn’t she have wanted to know more about Zack if she still a lot cared for him?

Aeris’s relationship with Zack was in the past. She realizes this. In Gongaga she evens states that it’s all in the past now and that she doesn’t really mind that she hasn’t heard from him but she does feel for his parents. His parents are worrying over his being missing and Aeris feels bad about that but she doesn’t feel bad about not being able to be with him because he is missing.

Aeris spends time trying to find out about Cloud's own personality.

Marlene "Guess what? Guess what? Aeris was asking me lots of questions. Like what kind of person Cloud is. I bet she likes you, Cloud!"

Aeris comes to realise that Cloud is a different person from Zack. She might have been drawn to Cloud initially because his appearance looked similar to Zack’s but as she spent time with him as well as others that knew him and as she got to know him I think she started to become interested in him for who he was and not for who he reminded her of.

Aeris ".........first off, it bothered me how you looked exactly alike. Two completely different people, but look exactly the same. The way you walk, gesture...I think I must have seen him again, in you..."
Aeris "But you're different."
Aeris "Things are different..."
Aeris "Cloud...I'm searching for you..."
Cloud "............?"
Aeris "I want to meet you."
Cloud "But I'm right here."
Aeris (I know, I know... what I mean is...) "I want to meet..... you."

I'm also so sick of the anti-Tifa's flames on her. Sure, everyone has their own thoughts on characters, but there's a point where it crosses the line. It irks me when they (not only when ignorantly call her a slut), but when they call her weak and/or pointless just because she's shy. People who hate shy people are down right cruel. I say this, because I'm a pretty quiet person offline. I'm quiet, but I'm not weak.

I agree with you but it irks me just as much when people call Aeris a slut because she was open and honest about her feelings and because she flirted with Cloud. A flirter is not the same thing as a slut.~

zacks_clone
05-08-2004, 08:38 PM
I agree ~Tenderness~. I suppose that Aeris might have loved the real cloud,and not the Zack image.

TheAbominatrix
05-08-2004, 11:13 PM
I do agree with your points, ~Tenderness~, I just cant stand her. I agree that she is a brave person, and a good person. She just works my last nerve.

Cid_Rocks
05-09-2004, 02:43 AM
As to myself, I was happy and sad when she died. She wasn't a good fighter as we all know, but she was my best magic user. As sometimes she was total jerk towards Tifa(talking about how she liked Cloud right by Tifa), I'm glad she died. But she was the bright-hearted member of the gang. I mean seriously, if your team is near death, I'd rather have Aeris encouraging me than Barret cussing me out. It helped to have her dead as you didn't have to pay xtra gil for weapons, and didn't have to hold your other members back to level her up. But what it all comes down to, it did suck majorly to have her die. But it wasn't a complete tragedy.

Imperia
05-09-2004, 10:22 AM
~
I agree with you but it irks me just as much when people call Aeris a slut because she was open and honest about her feelings and because she flirted with Cloud. A flirter is not the same thing as a slut.~

I know. That's dumb when they do that to Aeris, too. They even use her unbottoned dress as an excuse to call her that. :mad: People are crazy.

Master Quan
05-25-2004, 11:02 AM
:D Despite this being about her dieing is there any way to GET HER BACK? I ask this because I'm a perfectionist and want to have use with all characters at level 100 with top weapons, -hack-Gollum!-hack-

Imperia
05-25-2004, 06:46 PM
No there isn't. There is no way to do that.

Starcrest
05-26-2004, 02:49 AM
personally i think her death is over rated, and ppl need ta get over it

FFFFsephychibi
05-27-2004, 12:03 AM
I think Aeris is the best female character in ff7! Actually tied with Yuffie... anyhoo

Um... yeah if it wasnt for Aeris, my sexy Cloud and his little furry friends would all be dead!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Aeris was not whiney or very annoying, she actually helped me through half the game, unlike *cough* Tifa biotch *cough*

and i also despise Rinoa... GRRRRRRRR..... such and annoying child!!!

GAAAAAHHHH!!! i wish Irvine would just shoot her!!

In other news.... Aeris was COOOL in my COOOOOLNESS book! SO THERE!!!

Starcrest
05-27-2004, 12:10 AM
yeah, i guess Aeris was alright, but...just not...right 4 cloud, more of zack. if she new what Cloud was dealing wit, she'd probably snap b4 he did. IMO

FFFFsephychibi
05-27-2004, 12:22 AM
o well i think they make a cute couple!

Aeris and Cloud...... tee hee

actually i wish i was with Cloud....

If i was one of the FF7 female characters id kill Tifa, Yuffie, and Aeris and kiddnap Cloud and run away somewhere magical with him....

that was my dream once.....lol

zacks_clone
05-27-2004, 12:33 AM
yeah, i guess Aeris was alright, but...just not...right 4 cloud, more of zack. if she new what Cloud was dealing wit, she'd probably snap b4 he did. IMO

Ahh...I think your right,as much as I hate the AerisXZack coupling. Zack and Aeris have similar personalitys. Zacks a loud mouth spunky guy who's full of life and energy and would,and did, sacrfice himself for a friend. Aeris can talk and talk I'm sure, she too is full of life and energy and sacrficed herself for the planet. Both great qualitys in each of them. I'm sure they were both suckers for nature :: pictures Zack with a flower :D ::

Tifa and Cloud are both shy, therefore Tifa deserves cloud.

Starcrest
05-27-2004, 02:42 AM
lol totally agree