PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Final Fantasy 1

Rase
05-01-2004, 06:25 AM
Have you guys heard? Square has released a version of Final Fantasy 1 for certain high-end cell phones. The screens look kinda like those of Origins. It's currently Japan-only but you never know what might happen in the future...
Also released is a Mobile version of the original Dragon Quest game.

Discuss.

Marble
05-01-2004, 07:45 PM
It could be a lie. But it's still awesome.

Rase
05-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Well, here's (http://wgamer.com/articles/squareenix) some info on the Square-Enix Mobile Gaming division and some more info on FF1 Mobile. Enjoy.

P.S: Another link here. (http://wgamer.com/articles/squareenix)

MarceloX
05-10-2004, 03:01 AM
Actually it's real. I bought the FOMA P900i cellphone from Japan and it came preinstalled onto my phone. It's actually like a mix of the MSX version and the wonderswan version. You can learn more about it on http://www.warmech.net

Rase
05-10-2004, 06:11 AM
Score!!! Is it in Japanese or English?

MarceloX
05-11-2004, 07:42 AM
The cellphone has the option between Japanese or English text, unfortunately, the game is in Japanese only.

The game is very strange, everyone assumes it's a port of the WonderSwan Color version, but it's very different. The best way to describe it is as a mix of the WonderSwan version and the MSX version.

Some graphics are the same as the WonderSwan version and a few look like they were made specifically for this version, while other graphics look like the MSX version (only slightly improved).

Rase
05-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Dang, too bad it's in Japanese. Just have to wait till it is released here. *prays for this to happen*

MarceloX
05-14-2004, 05:53 AM
That probably won't happen because Japanese cell phone are more advanced than USA phones. By the time the USA catches up, too much time would have passed.

Don't worry about it, I've got a section that I'm making about this game for my website, you'll be able to see what you're missing.

It'll take a while, I just beat Lich and the section of the site will be finished when the game is.

Rase
05-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Well, there's always a chance. They might keep it up for download or on the phone when the technology come Stateside. I read it that Japan is about 6 months to 1 and 1/2 years. So either way, it's a wait.

DJZen
05-17-2004, 01:52 AM
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuh? Is that a screen shot of Warmech and 2 Tyros in a field?!?!?! :eek:

MarceloX
05-18-2004, 08:56 PM
You must be talking about the beta version of the cellphone version. The final (retail) version does not have that battle.

DJZen
05-19-2004, 04:10 AM
That's too bad, that'd be an insane battle. Then again, it's also kinda good because I can never play this game anyway.

MarceloX
06-11-2004, 05:28 AM
I just made a FF1 cellphone section on my site, go to the "Bonus Final Fantasy Sections" and click on the "Final Fantasy Freedom Of Mobile Multimedia Access 900i"

http://www.warmech.net

It took a LONG time to make but it documents some differences between the 5 released versions. Let me know what you think about it.

desh
06-14-2004, 08:42 PM
In one of your final fantasy 1 screenshots it looks like there's a monster similar to the Ghost Train from ff6. What is that? Oh, it seems to be something called Soul of Chaos; I've never heard of that.

Zidane_2006
06-15-2004, 05:39 AM
In the soul of chaos, which is exclusively on the GBA, is a dungeon that you go to after the game, and you get to fight the 4 guardians once again, ut more suped up, as well as some famous bosses from FFIV,V,VI like Ultros, Gilgamesh, Atomos, Doom Train, Shiryuu (optional dragon from FF V), and some others that i forgot the names of.

P.S- srry if some of this info isnt true because i just got this in the back of my head while i was typing :)

MarceloX
06-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah, Soul of Chaos is a GBA remake only dungeon that has bosses from FFIII-VI, it even has Two Headed Dragon and Ahriman from Final Fantasy III (which is, in my opinion, the second best FF game, it's a shame that it was never officially released in the USA)