PDA

View Full Version : THOSE DAMN MAGUS SISTERS!!!!!!

FallenSilence
05-01-2004, 10:47 AM
OK I need serious help with beating the Magus Sisters in this game. I am around level 40 but they still beat me every time. Even if I use Yuna's special dressphere, they still beat me with that Delta Attack thing! Can someone tell me how to win, or how they managed to do it?

aeris2001x2
05-01-2004, 10:57 AM
well firstly i concentrated my attacks on the little 1 cause her passado is a devasting move cause its gravity based. she has about relativly few hp,about 10000-11000 i think . her evade is pretty high though so its probably best to chuck your best skills and magic at her.

switch to special dress sphere after a while before they use delta attack to protect your characters. i recall just using powerful warrior tecnigues, black mage and great whirls. not a great technique i know but u can fudge through as long as u take out the little 1 asap.

but yeah killing the little 1 is the key, after that they become so easy its funny.

NM
05-01-2004, 07:52 PM
If you've got the Dark Knight dressphere just use the Darkness attack. It does around 2000 damage to all characters.

I had two Dark Knights and a White Mage for the battle and they went down fairly easy.

Kairi_KH_08
05-02-2004, 06:27 AM
just like aeris2001x2 said.. beat mindy first it will be easier that way.. thats the way i did it.. and 2nd i would say sandy.. make sure u have a white mage to cast curaga.. or at least cura..

Rye
05-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah, attack Mindy, the tall red one, than the short fat one. It helps if you have some fast characters like a beserker. Also, if you use Rikku's sphere thing.... (oh god, I forgot what it's called) the one where Rikku rides the machina thing and it takes over for the party, it helps a lot. It helps to use that for all the bosses at the end, actually.

Ouch!
05-03-2004, 09:13 PM
I used two dark knights using darkness, like NM said, but I used an alchemist using mega-potion every turn. It's the best combo in the game when it comes down to it.

Linus J
05-03-2004, 10:00 PM
I used two dark knights using darkness, like NM said, but I used an alchemist using mega-potion every turn. It's the best combo in the game when it comes down to it.

Great tactic, doesn't require any thinking, and if you put it on memo it doesn't require your presence at the controller.
If you're too low lvl somehow (however, you are not) you could use a white mage in the beginning to cast protect and shell, then switch that to dark knight.

auron_790
06-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah i had to do the same as vbmjs, get up to level 60 in the farplabe area with the Lure Bracer Equiped then they should be much easier! If Mindy is killed 1st the whole battle will be simple I used Yuna's special dressphere to kill Mindy then i just had to kill the other two sisters with a gunner,warrior and a white mage. did anyone else think The Magus Sisters were harder than Anima, Vegnagun and Shuyin??? :confused: Coz i certainly thought so! :choc:

aeris2001x2
06-24-2004, 10:44 PM
yes they are the hardest compulsiry boss in the game 4 sure.

square_is_the_best
06-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Psssshh, Magus sisters were a pushover. Beat em first time. I don't remember what level but I know I went for that little bee instinctively. I didn't even know they used delta attack. Yojimbo and Shiva never used their overdrives on me eihter.

aeris2001x2
06-24-2004, 11:35 PM
lol thats because every compulsory boss in ffX-2 is easy. however they were still harder then anima, vegengun and shuyin.

square_is_the_best
06-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Actually, you won't beieve how many times I got killed by Yojimbo and Ixion.

aeris2001x2
06-24-2004, 11:43 PM
really? i guess certain bossess will be harder 2 sum ppl then others depending on your style of play. e.g trema is meant 2 be the games hardest boss but i found chac and paragon harder.

Del Murder
06-27-2004, 03:49 AM
Yojimbo was hardest for me. His Zanmato kicked my butt.