PDA

View Full Version : suicidal/depressing song recommendations

aeris2001x2
05-01-2004, 02:38 PM
could anyone recommend some good suicidal or depressing music? i feel like utter crap right now. my current batch is not helping, nor is nobuo uematsu and when ff music doesnt affect me i must REALLY be down.

so any recommendations? preferably in the metal or goth area but any kind would be appreciated. i,ll jump straight on to kazaa and imesh. thanks to all those who reply.

Rainecloud
05-01-2004, 04:39 PM
If you feel like utter crap, then my recommendation would be for you to listen to some cheery music, instead of suicidal/depressing music which would most likely make you feel even more pathetically sorry for yourself.

Apologies for the straight-talking manner, but your post seems totally illogical to me. Listening to sad music when depressed is very dumb.

aeris2001x2
05-01-2004, 05:13 PM
quite the oppisite, depressing music will oftern cheer me up,let me get it out of my systerm.

Doc Sark
05-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Anything by Tom McCrae or Damien Rice. Not sure of the spelling for McCrae, its either that or, McRae. Very good though. Boy With The Bubblegum is a good song by him. Can't go wrong with a bit of Counting Crows either. Jospeh Arthur is another good one. In The Sun is my favourite by him.

Come on, let it all out, I know how you feel.

Casey
05-01-2004, 06:31 PM
I usually just listen to Tool, or the Deftones. Good music to listen 2 when yur either depressed or happy. Like the song deathblow by the deftones can sound depressing but really its about a man and a woman... :p

Skogs
05-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Very melancholy.

DMKA
05-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Evanescence - Hello

m4tt
05-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Eyes on eachother is not really the place to be asking for music... try the lounge. *boot*

Female Ryuichi
05-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Could have lied and my friends by the red hot chili peppers.

jrgen
05-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Weissglut maybe.
They have this dark feeling full of unease and depression.
The music is still awsome though.

escobert
05-02-2004, 07:28 PM
AFI is a good band for that sort or stuff a lot of there songs are about depression a stuff.

Lindy
05-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Placebo.
Funeral For A Friend.
Finch.
About half of all Death Cab For Cutie songs.

Chaos
05-03-2004, 10:56 PM
"Midnight Lullaby" By Odd Project is great, soothing mood music. Kinda depressing though. All their other stuff is metalcore, brilliant stuff. I recommend.
BoySetsFire is kickass, agressive and sad.
Undeclinable are sad too.
Face Tomorrow are just DEPRESSING.
'Never Stops' by Lagwagon always gets me down, but thats for personal reasons.
The Juliana Theory is great depressing music. Some of their songs make me cry just by listening, though some also sound really poppy, but sad.

Well, hope they "cheer you up". :p

Chaos

Jebus
05-04-2004, 12:15 AM
*clubs Bert*

Well. I don't know if you find these depressing, but they are to me and its what I listen to when I feel depressed.

Mad World-Gary Jules version
Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve
Road to Nowhere, Tonight, Mama I'm coming home-Ozzy Osbourne
Changes-Black Sabbath
Mother, Goodbye Blue Skies, Wish You Were Here, A Great Day for Freedom, High Hopes, Lost for Words, Nobody Home-Pink Floyd

There's more, but that's all I can think of for now.

Erdrick Holmes
05-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Symphony X- Shades of Grey

escobert
05-04-2004, 12:34 AM
let me be more spacific. AFI- ... but home is nowhere, morningstar, and this time imperfect all good songs. also the leaving song part I not part II

SomethingBig
05-04-2004, 01:59 AM
I recommend cheery music, mainly Shine We Are! by BoA. But, if it's depressing music you want, then, My Immortal by Evanescence is good, Fade by Staind, All or Nothing by O-Town, and Everything I Do by Brian Adams.

PeTeRL90
05-04-2004, 03:09 AM
About half of all Death Cab For Cutie songs.

YES! I love you!

You can also try some Within Temptation songs.

Xander
05-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Radiohead - Exit Music (for a film)

Germ Hamee
05-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Evanescence is a good "get it out of your system" band, namely the songs, Tourniquet (probably the closest I can think of to your goth/metal criteria), Missing, Breathe No More, and Hello. Play Dead, and Bachlorette by Bjork are good as well, though she is not really goth or metal.

Heaven's Not Enough really gets me going. It's from the Wolf's Rain soundtrack (an anime), a collaberation between Yoko Kanno and Steve Konte.

And I second Bittersweet Symphony.

Mr. Graves
05-04-2004, 07:43 PM
There's one piece in Onimusha 1 which is the most depressed piece of music I've ever heard.

Lindy
05-04-2004, 08:01 PM
BoySetsFire is kickass, agressive and sad.
The Juliana Theory is great depressing music. Some of their songs make me cry just by listening, though some also sound really poppy, but sad.

Bwah? Boy Sets Fire isn't sad, at least none of the songs on Tommorow Come Today are anyway, and The Juliana Theory are CHRISTIAN ROCK, I mean, boyo, that's only sad for the content...

P.S. Boy Sets Fire are good though.

muchacho
05-05-2004, 01:07 AM
dig-mudvayne. it is one of he coolest songs ever. if not dig, then world so cold, by mudvayne.

PeTeRL90
05-05-2004, 01:25 AM
The Get Up Kids are some good emo music. You could give them a listen.

Rostum
05-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Hmm... let's see... how about:
"Aliens" by Alex Lloyd.
"Hold On" by Carus.
"Lilac Wine" by Jeff Buckley.
"Nightmares by the Sea" by Jeff Buckley.

That's all I can really think of for now.

aeris2001x2
05-05-2004, 06:22 PM
thanks 2 everyone that replyed . i really appreciate all your input.

yeah evanescence is normally my band of choice, particulary hello, my immortal, everybodys fool, imaginery andthere demo stuff like solitude, fields of innocence, give unto me, eternal and understanding.

on friday at my mums i,ll be downloading like crazy, boy, there is quite a list :D . and i think i,ll jump 4 the yoko kanno song first, i love what she did on escaflowne, macross plus and cowboy bebop.

gokufusionss1
05-05-2004, 07:26 PM
i've got a good one it's totaly uplifting or totaly depressing depending on how you listen to it

Let down-radiohead

Rostum
05-06-2004, 12:36 AM
You want to be depressed? Start listening to Alice In Chains. =P That's more of depression influenced by drugs though. Some newer Mick Hart songs are pretty good though (face in the water for example).

Rye
05-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Evanescence - Hello like others have said, and a lot of A Perfect Circle. Perferably Blue or The Outsider.

Burtsplurt
05-06-2004, 07:42 AM
The Microphones - The Moon
Barber - Adagio for Strings

I prefer happy music, though. :)

Iceglow
05-06-2004, 12:48 PM
not only Hello but Evanescence "My October" the bonus track from Fallen is quite good for depressing stuff, as is Staind - It's been a while (the song can make me cry sometimes depends on whats on my mind at the time) or Outside, Dry kill logic - Good night also in the hevier tracks Give up, Give in, Lie down or The strength I call my own are quite good, Finch - plenty to choose from but letters to you is a good one of mine, Muse - absoloution and several others, HIM - Circle of Fear or Endless Dark, Incubus - Pardon me accoustic version, Natalie Imbrulia (however you spell it) - Torn. Ok any more I think of I'll add I generally listed to depressive music as my main kind of music.

Jack
05-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Just buy:

Smashing Pumpkins-Siamese Dream

"Disarm", "Quiet", "Mayonaise", "Soma" & "Luna" are paticularly good. They arte cheery while being depressing.

Rool
05-10-2004, 08:55 PM
anything by Death Cab for Cutie. Preferebly from the Transatlanticism CD. It can make you happy and sad at the same time... it's great. My favorite song is Expo '86

Felldoh
05-10-2004, 09:53 PM
"Hurt", "The Day The World Went Away", and "The Wretched" - Nine Inch Nails

"Wandering Star", and "Undenied" - Portishead

Polaris
05-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Hello and My Last Breath from Evanescence

Chaos
05-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Bwah? Boy Sets Fire isn't sad, at least none of the songs on Tommorow Come Today are anyway, and The Juliana Theory are CHRISTIAN ROCK, I mean, boyo, that's only sad for the content...

P.S. Boy Sets Fire are good though.

Unspoken Request on BSF's album 'After the Eulogy' is damn depressing. For me anyhow.

And does being christian rock make The Juliana Theory "sad". I did not pick up on that fact from listening to their music at all. 'This is your life' is one of the most depressing songs I know, along with Duane Joseph, by them. *shrugs* It matters not a jot if they are christian or not.
Evenescence are in essence (ho ho) a christian band I am told, as are further seems forever yet they, and from what I have heard of JT, they arnt what I would call preachy.

Anyway, that is irrelevant.

Chaos

Lindy
05-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Eh, the point was, I don't like The Juliana Theory, and Evanescence aren't Christian Rock, they all just happen to be Christians, and get rather annoyed when people refer to them as Christian Rock.

If I ever met them, I would call them that, because they kind of annoy me now.

Rye
05-13-2004, 12:30 AM
not only Hello but Evanescence "My October" the bonus track from Fallen is quite good for depressing stuff

=o! Please tell me how to find this.

Killy
05-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Gary Jules: Mad World

The only depressing song I have.