PDA

View Full Version : CD rewriter program?

blue_midget192
05-02-2004, 08:55 PM
ok, 1. am i rught in thinking that the PS2 can read CD-RW's? yes, cos im sure it can, also 2. where can i get a program-for free-that i can use to write disks that my PS2 can read?

sora
05-02-2004, 11:02 PM
try download.com they might have it there for free

Baloki
05-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Unfortunatly you are wrong, the PS2 cannot read CD-RW's, it can read CD-R's that are burnt as audio compulations (ie not as MP3's but as orginal music audio as Nero can do).

To get the PS2 to read copyed CD's and probably as your thinking about it, copyed games you would have to do something to your PS2 called 'Chipping'. There is of course debate about how that effects it but I'm not going into it, all I can say is it is illigal and invalidates your PS2's warranty.

There is no program that will copy them really, oh and you'll need a DVD-R to copy PS2 games as their in DVD format.

Hope that helps (Archie will probably prove me wrong in a min in his/her usual way!)

crono_logical
05-04-2004, 03:11 AM
http://forums.psxforum.com/viewforum.php?f=15

I think from what I gathered from there, it's pot luck as to whether a RW disc will work or not in your console.

Baloki
05-04-2004, 06:37 PM
I think from what I gathered from there, it's pot luck as to whether a RW disc will work or not in your console.

OMG *Is so shocked he's lost for words*

Rainecloud
05-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Just buy a multi-region DVD player (or beg your parents for one).

Unfortunately, when it comes to DVD playback, the PS2 is - how do they say..."teh sux?"

Baloki
05-04-2004, 07:22 PM

Unfortunately, when it comes to DVD playback, the PS2 is - how do they say..."teh sux?"

Hehe, you posted in the wrong thread.. Wait, that means I'm now posting in the wrong thread :eek:

MecaKane
05-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Ohhh, I didn't expect PS2s to be able to read and CDRs, ever. :o
Can it read DVD-Rs if they're only in video format, too?

Rainecloud
05-04-2004, 09:02 PM
ok, 1. am i rught in thinking that the PS2 can read CD-RW's? yes, cos im sure it can, also 2. where can i get a program-for free-that i can use to write disks that my PS2 can read?

Wrong thread, you say? I was advising him to purchase a multi-region DVD player simply because they're better than his PS2 (when it comes to reading DVDs).

:confused:

Peegee
05-05-2004, 04:37 PM
"Archie will probably prove me wrong in a min in his/her usual way!"

I love how these posts which makes Arche's gender ambigious drive me insane.

Baloki
05-05-2004, 04:53 PM
"Archie will probably prove me wrong in a min in his/her usual way!"

I love how these posts which makes Arche's gender ambigious drive me insane.

I can never remember and he/she is always out to get me :cry:

Wrong thread, you say? I was advising him to purchase a multi-region DVD player simply because they're better than his PS2 (when it comes to reading DVDs).

I'm sure Shulp posted a thread about DVD Players, thats all...

blue_midget192
05-05-2004, 07:31 PM
ok, so it will read a CD-r done as an audio cd? right but ur saying it wont work if its got vids on it? :( crap, ok

Rainecloud
05-05-2004, 07:44 PM
In a nutshell, what we're saying is: When it comes to your PS2, it's pot luck.