PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger Webcam Problems

CloudDragon
05-03-2004, 03:01 AM
I don't know how many of you are familiar with MSN and its webcam features, but I was hoping I would be able to get some help out.

Recently I started using my webcam on MSN messenger well viewing the webcam of someone else. The first few times went fairly well, with no problems. After a little bit of time though, while the webcam was connected to someone in a conference, my computer restarted out of the blue. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I know it only happened when I was on MSN webcam. So I tried it again the same day, and after a little bit of time, my computer just restarts out of the blue.

Its been a few weeks since I first tried that, and I have MSN Messenger 6.1 right now. Tonight I attempted again, and as soon as my webcam was coming up, the computer restarted once again. Attempted one more time and it was on for about five minutes before the computer just restarts. I've made few attempts at trying to find out what might be causing this to happen, so I decided to just post this here first and see if anyone has any idea. My computer is a Compaq Presario, if that might help any. It could be something in MSN, it could be the PC, it could be something with the webcam. I just narrowed it down to something wrong with MSN because my webcam works fine with Yahoo messenger. Any input would be appreciated.

Endless
05-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Right click on "My computer" > properties > advanced > startup and recover (whatever the name is, it's the bottom of the three) > uncheck "reboot automatically". Next time your computer crashes, it should display a bloo screen o'death. Note what is causing the problem (prolly a .sys file) which will tell you what you need to upgrade/repair.

Baloki
05-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Either that or however stupid it sounds try a different webcam. In fact what kind of webcam is it because it might be the webcam software not MSN...