PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a BMx4 Game? (FF1)

cactuar_12
05-03-2004, 04:07 AM
I'm trying out a BMx4 Game (BM/BM/BM/BM) in FF1, with the farthest I got in the game being Elfland, although I have read spoilers of the game. Anyway, does anyone have some suggestions for my general gameplay throughout the game? (Right now I'm training for the fight with Garland, I just started. I only had the money to buy 4 cloths, 4 daggers, LIT, FIRE, and a Heal Potion).

Linus J
05-03-2004, 09:48 PM
I'm trying out a BMx4 Game (BM/BM/BM/BM) in FF1, with the farthest I got in the game being Elfland, although I have read spoilers of the game. Anyway, does anyone have some suggestions for my general gameplay throughout the game? (Right now I'm training for the fight with Garland, I just started. I only had the money to buy 4 cloths, 4 daggers, LIT, FIRE, and a Heal Potion).

So you havent played further than Elfland before? If that is the case I'd recommend using a more balanced party the first time through. And if you're going to proceed with BMx4, buy alot of potions and lvl alot in the beginning.

DocFrance
05-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Yeah, you should play the first time through with a balanced party (preferably, Fi/Th/WM/BM) just to get a good feel for the game. After that, "challenge" parties are OK.

cactuar_12
05-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Yeah, you should play the first time through with a balanced party (preferably, Fi/Th/WM/BM) just to get a good feel for the game. After that, "challenge" parties are OK.

Actually, I have 2 games going right now (I have the ROM): BMx4, and the one you just mentioned. Wait, do Black Wizards get low level white magic? Or is it just stabbity stabbity kill kill nuke nuke?

DJZen
05-04-2004, 03:41 AM
It's more like firey firey firey firey firey firey icey icey icey icey icey icey icey icey icey icey icey stabitty lit-ey lit-ey lit-ey lit-ey lit-ey lit-ey wish-I-was-effective-at-more-than-black-magic-ey bane-ity firey firey firey firey firey firey nuke. Get used to long battles now ;)

DocFrance
05-04-2004, 04:46 AM
Nope, only black magic.

Rase
05-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Level up a lot, buy a lot of potions, and make sure you get good spells. It will be hard, but soon it get s a little easier, with FIRE2 and LIT2. But you need to level up a lot to have enough slots for these spells to be useful, since if you run out of spells in the middle of a dungeon, you're screwed.

DJZen
05-05-2004, 06:40 AM
Or you could take BlackMageFF1's advice and never ever use Black Mages and only use Red Mages. Oh wait, that wouldn't be an all BM party...

Rase
05-06-2004, 01:56 AM
Or you could take BlackMageFF1's advice and never ever use Black Mages and only use Red Mages. Oh wait, that wouldn't be an all BM party...

BAh, never take ANY advice. Always be your own man/woman. Also, "only fools listen to statistics". Sorry, just had to throw my own quote in there somewhere. :D