PDA

View Full Version : A simple question about FFX-2!

ghowthoo
05-03-2004, 09:56 AM
:)
Hi!

I just started playing FFX2, rocks! Anyway I had a quick question about something early in the game.

I just got to CHAPTER 2 of the game and at the start the gullwings want me to pick either Youth League or New Yevon to return the recently acquired sphere :mad2:

I am having a hard time deciding on who to give the sphere back to. Should I just go with my gut and pick whom I like better or? (please refrain from telling me anything i shouldnt know yet hehe thanks in advance!)

Also I just recently noticed while I was browsing the web to find help on the above text and I came across FAQs about Chapter 1 optional side missions and such. I didnt read it in detail, just skimmed it, so I wont spoil myself on anything.

But basically I wanted to ask since Im on Chapter 2 now, I cant do any of these Chapter 1 optional side missions anymore or?

I basically just went straight to all the HOTSPOTS right away and didnt go to any other lands in chapter 1 not knowing that you can or not. Am I going to have to load up previous saves if I want to get to these optional quests?

thank you in advance for any help! :)

FallenSilence
05-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Firstly, I don't think it makes a lot of difference to the game when choosing either New Yevon or Youth League for the sphere, so just choose whoever.
About the Chapter 1 side missions, I think you can do some of them in Chapter 2, but once you get to Chapter 3 you can't do them anymore.

NM
05-03-2004, 06:04 PM
There are certain things you can only do in each chapter. If you don't do them they have a knock on effect in the later chapters. If you miss something in a chapter thats it. Theres no goin' back.

Some chapters carry over the missions from the previous chapter though like the Thunder plains mission in chapter 2 can also be done in the 3rd.

SeeDRankLou
05-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Picking either the Youth League or New Yevon makes the story a bit different at certain parts. You can get more percentage toward the 100% goal if you choose the Youth League, but since you like the game so much I would suggest to just pick one, and then when you beat the game play it again on a New Game+ and on that game pick the other side. And since you've already missed some percentage in Ch 1, you aren't going to get 100% on this game anyway, so it doesn't really matter. And also, you shouldn't just go to the Hotspots in each chapter. You are going to miss quite a bit of the story since you did that. You should visit each region at least once per chapter.

ghowthoo
05-03-2004, 09:04 PM
ahh okay thanks for the replies guys! I think I am going to start over since I missed so much, Im only 5 hours into my game anyway so its no big deal! :)

SeedRankLou: So with the HOTSPOTS, if I go to the other lands without the HOTSPOTS ICONS next to them and then come back to the ship, the HOTSPOTS will still be waiting for me?

So the way I am seeing it as now is that the HOTSPOTS will advance the main storyline further right? So they should always be there while I do the side-quests?

I initially was going to do that but I figured I was going to get to those lands anyway.

-------

I just checked a previous saved game and it is in Chapter 1 where I can still go visit the other lands, this means i dont neccessarily have to start over right? I can continue there and visit the other lands before proceeding to the hotspots?

NM
05-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Best thing to do is visit every area other than the hotspots in each chapter. That way you won't miss anything. Completing the missions in the Hotspot locations is the only thing that will advance the main story to the next chapter. So you can visit all the other locations as much as you like.

ghowthoo
05-03-2004, 10:26 PM
fantastic! thanks a ton NM! :)

SeeDRankLou
05-04-2004, 12:09 AM
SeedRankLou: So with the HOTSPOTS, if I go to the other lands without the HOTSPOTS ICONS next to them and then come back to the ship, the HOTSPOTS will still be waiting for me?

So the way I am seeing it as now is that the HOTSPOTS will advance the main storyline further right? So they should always be there while I do the side-quests?

I just checked a previous saved game and it is in Chapter 1 where I can still go visit the other lands, this means i dont neccessarily have to start over right? I can continue there and visit the other lands before proceeding to the hotspots?

Yes to all of the above questions.