PDA

View Full Version : Best CGs?

BatChao
05-04-2004, 05:22 AM
Hey all. I was wondering what developers do you think consistantly puts out the best CG cut scenes? What are some of your favorite cut scenes? You have to respond with computer generated FMV cutscenes. Real time cutscenes and hand-drawn cutscenes don't count. Neither do hand drawn cutscenes with CG backgrounds. They must be 100% fully animated in CG.

Here's my list:

Team Ninja - These guys know how to make kick ass CGs. Ninja Gaiden, DOA, DOAX... not only are the girls hot, but the CGs are exceptional quality as well. DOAX's opening is one of my fave CG scenes of all time!

Square-Enix - Probably the pioneers of awesome CG cutscenes. Starting with FF7 and working their way up, there's no doubt that they're on the cutting edge. Take a look at the PS2 FFs... 'nuff said. FFX-2's opening is one of my personal faves as well.

Namco - These guys just recently entered my field of interest with their great opening for Soul Calibur 2. Check out the upcoming Baten Kaitos and Xenosaga II (well... Xenosaga is actually Monolith, but I'm gonna put it here anyway since Namco published it). They look superb

Anyway, those are my top three. What are yours?

Kirobaito
05-04-2004, 05:28 AM
I dunno about the whole hand-drawn versus something else thing, but I liked Tekken Tag's cutscenes. Also FF8 and 9's.

Bernhard
05-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Blizzard. Makers of Starcraft, Warcraft, you know. I might not like all their games but the CGs are top notch.

Maxico
05-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Onimusha series

'nuff said

Ryoko Masaki
05-07-2004, 02:21 AM
This may sound silly but
What's CG? :confused:

BatChao
05-07-2004, 02:35 AM
CG = Computer Graphics. In this context, I'm talking about what developer's computer generated FMV (full motion videos) do you like the best? You know... like the cutscenes that look all pretty and stuff.

Ryoko Masaki
05-07-2004, 04:57 PM
okey :)
thx *kisses batchao*

awhile ago i saw my brother playing Diablo 2 and the cutscenes looked pretty good there.
ohhhwww...the Fmv's of FFX-2 looked very good to