PDA

View Full Version : Beer and toothpaste.

Doc Sark
05-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Beer is a wonderful thing I love it...as is toothpaste, I mean it stops us from looking like scurvy ridden pirates, but the two just don't mix. I like to have a few beers at home before I go to a club or party or something, but I also like to have the confidence that comes with fresh breath, so I tend to brush my teeth right before I leave. Now understand the dilemma, because the next beer inevitably tastes awful like most things do straight after brushing, and I am left feeling that my breath is now back to repelling women from all directions. Now what I propose the beer companies do is to introduce an odour neutralising agent in their beer so that peoples breath won't stink but nothing will be lost in the taste.

I fear though that I may be asking too much. How can we beer lovers counter this problem at the moment?

Iceglow
05-04-2004, 02:32 PM
LOL this is brilliant and I feel I understand you completely on the whole situation I like you enjoy a drink before leaving to go to a club but bad breath is a no no really I guess the only soloution is chewing gum believe me I pull quite regulary (why I don't know I really avoid pulling a the moment like the plague but it still happens after a lot of J.D.) and every time I never get complaints cause I always chew gum after drinking but then some of the girls I know prefer me not to chew gum as they love the taste of JD

Doc Sark
05-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Yes chewing gum is an alternative, but eg, if you are really bladdered its sometimes a tricky thing to remember you have got it in your mouth if a) you get another drink and it will be lovely and minty or b) you pull a girl and she gets to share it with you inadvertantly.

I think I have it though, and the answer surely lies in more booze. Either drink so much beer you don't care, or...like you do, drink JD and it will eventually neutralise the beer element in your breath. Even better drink a few shots of Sambucca or Aftershock, that's bound to neutralise something. You sir are a genious and I wish I thought of this before. You sound like a bit of a player, whereabouts in London do you do all this playing!!!??

Len
05-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Actually here's a better alternative. This comes directly from an Air Force buddy (RCAF) who I never knew drank until he had to stop on doctor's orders.

He used to drink beer day in and out and when he felt he needed to freshen his breath he took a couple of Alka selter tablets in water. Then waited an appropriate amount of time say 5 minutes and went back to drinking again.

Wonder why he had to stop drinkin' eh :confused:

Rainecloud
05-04-2004, 06:45 PM
One word: Smints.

http://www.sjbaker.org/telamom/smint.png

Doomgaze
05-04-2004, 06:58 PM
You could eat crackers after you brush your teeth. They tend to cleanse the palate.

m4tt
05-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Uh.. I don't think this is serious enough for EoEO..

Doc Sark
05-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Sorry I usually put my stern face on when I browse that froum, must have forgotten this time...sorry Gau. Alka Seltzer you say Len? Hmm I have never tried that one. Can't say I'm gonna try crackers though Doomgaze, after all eating is cheating when it comes to a night on the razz.

Same problem with Smints as with chewing gum, the next drink is gonna be all minty and I don't wanna part with the best part of 3 quid for a minty beer. Alka Seltzer is a new one though, I'm definitely gonna try it. Hopefully not to the excess of your friend though Len.

Ifrit's Bodyguard
05-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Only pull women who drink beer!

Shlup
05-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Beer is urine. I like wine. And toothpaste.

SeeDRankLou
05-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Two words: Listerine Strips. It only last for a second, the taste usually goes away rather quickly, and it does wonders for clearing your sinuses.

Doc Sark
05-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Listerine Strips...hmm not heard of them though but they sound promising. I dunno whether I want to pull women that only drink beer, however it is a very logical arguement, because...well I don't know why I just don't. Women + Stella = Something I don't wanna see.

Mikztsu
05-04-2004, 10:19 PM
I also tend to brush before going somewhere after drinking, but it doesn't matter much because I'm always gonna drink more whereever I go. But other people are always drunk, too, so it doesn't matter. And it's not *that* bad smell. 8)

As for chewing gum, I chew it too much these days. It's become a habit. I'm lost without gum these days. Oh well, beats my former nail-biting habit.

IGN64skanker
05-05-2004, 04:19 AM
What does it mean to "pull" a girl? ...must be a European thing. Beer breath is tough. Worst thing in the world is beer breath the next morning. You just have to be with other drunk people who don't care, I think. Because even the strongest gum doesn't knock out the beer breath. A beer that didn't smell like beer would be awesome... until then... just find drunk people who don't care.

Doc Sark
05-05-2004, 11:57 AM
To pull or pulling.

The term pulling is largely undefined in britain, for nost it occurs on a night out. Some, myself included, count a pull as when you kiss a member of the opposite (or same if you're that way inclined) sex, others believe that the pull is not sealed until a sexual act has been performed, but Extreme Pullers will not be satisfied until some form of sexual intercourse (usually drunken and probably very clumsy) has taken place.

I hope that answers your question.

Iceglow
05-05-2004, 12:48 PM
that about sums it up. :D

and where in london do I do my playing? umm several rock clubs in the town places like Feet First (camden), Dome (tuffnell park), Slimelight (angel), Metros (tottenham court rd - Astoria 2), Xplosive (angel again), umm um theres more I just usually don't remember them! but I haven't been out to Feet First in a while not since the venue changed. generally it's all good though.

Doc Sark
05-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I don't get in to Central very often becaue I live on the outskirts but I have been to Astoria, that was a good night. Also don't ask me why but I managed to end up in both Hippodrome and Oxygen in the same evening last time I went. The shame is still raging through my system!!! There is a massive and excellent club in my hometown Kingston called Oceana, have you heard of it? It is truly my favourite club in all the world!!!

Iceglow
05-05-2004, 04:45 PM
LMAO so the shame should be and you admitted it? still I admitted being coerced into pulling Kelly Osbourne at a club (my friends are evil) so it's not so bad I guess. As for oceana nope never been clubing in Kingston to tell truth I dont think Ive ever been to kingston.

Doc Sark
05-05-2004, 04:50 PM
There's not much reason to if you live in Central I guess. It's worth a visit though, Oceana is anyway. Kelly Osbourne...you should sell the story but would anyone buy it? Ugh...how could you?

frr_vegeta
05-05-2004, 05:14 PM
We could look at this the other way around, and make toothpaste which has an alcohol additive. But then again, it would be much easier to just use breathmints or the like. Smints are very good, I've only seen them in Europe though :(

gokufusionss1
05-05-2004, 07:08 PM
seriously if you''re in the state where you can't remember to chew mint gum then any woman you approach with success will be in an equaly illeberated state and thus unable to realise what your breath is like. When you wake up and it feels like there's a toxic spill in your mouth is when you should be concerned.

Doc Sark
05-06-2004, 12:39 AM
God, I know that feeling well. A toxic spill in your mouth and feels like something has crawled inside you and died. I love hangovers.

Besimudo
05-11-2004, 07:20 AM
You should get hammered on beer, and then drink Gin and Tonic at the nightclubs...Mixing you drinks is quite reasonable on a small budget - and the tonic keeps the breath fresh.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-11-2004, 10:00 AM
-Gum
-those listerene strips

or more radically

-dont talk at all....

Iceglow
05-11-2004, 01:11 PM
hmm wine shlup is a good idea only if you drink red wine then you can tend to taste of vinegar to kiss...seriously.

hmm still standing by chewing gum and I think that this:

seriously if you''re in the state where you can't remember to chew mint gum then any woman you approach with success will be in an equaly illeberated state and thus unable to realise what your breath is like. When you wake up and it feels like there's a toxic spill in your mouth is when you should be concerned.

is very true, seems sad but it's so very true...or do as I do drink something that girls tend to like the taste of such as JD or apple sours.

That or be a wuss and drink alchopops all night :tongue:

Besimudo
05-12-2004, 05:37 AM
Or drink JD or Jim Beam neat, no ice.

Iceglow
05-12-2004, 03:48 PM
my point is Laguna that if you drink JD girls love the taste (but keep it on the rocks seeing as the cold taste can make a girl kinda crazy :cool: ) so pulling is no problem, however if you insist on drinking beer then chew gum (you get hammered for less on spirits anyway).

I put it to Shlup if you had the choice of pulling a guy who tastes like beer or a guy with the taste of JD in his mouth who would it be?