PDA

View Full Version : Most pathetic FFIV Charector besides Edgar

Clyde Arronway
05-05-2004, 10:50 PM
so, besides edgar, who's really terrible?
vote in the poll, post why to the thread?

I know I can't spell charecter.

Flying Mullet
05-05-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about Edward, because Edgar was the womanizing king in FFVI. Anyways, my vote is for Tellah. Yeah, he has one of the best lines in the game but never having more than 90 MP is such a pain (yeah, I know the story can't advance if he has 99 or more MP :p ).

Rei
05-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Hm. It's either Cid or Yang. If I remember correctly, Cid was alright, but he was only an average attacker, and Yang was a bit stronger, but he wasn't around during a difficult part of the game, so he wasn't needed as much as most everyone else. I think I'll go with Yang, much as I like him.

I thought Tellah was useful during boss fights and such, so he was pretty good.

The Man
05-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Rosa, by far. Edward actually managed to change somewhat by the end of the game, while Rosa remained the epitome of Mary-Sue throughout the entire course of the game. And she dumped Kain because Cecil became more powerful than him. Can't. Effing. Stand. Her.

TheAbominatrix
05-06-2004, 01:05 AM
I pretty muched liked everyone. Great game with a lot of great characters.

DJZen
05-06-2004, 03:39 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I'm gonna go with Cid. He just doesn't have any abilities that do much good. He can scan enemies, but so can Rosa. He can attack, but he can't do all that much damage. They really didn't put much thought into him as a playable character.

Clyde Arronway
05-06-2004, 04:14 AM
Yes, I can't spell. Edward. And Yang really wasn't around long enough to use the best aspects of a monk class. But my vote's for Cid.

Takara
05-06-2004, 06:26 AM
As for combat abilities, I would have said Edward. As a character, he was okay. But since he's not in the list, hmm...

I guess I'll have to go with Tellah. 90 maximum MP is a pain, especially when he's your only mage in the group, and you need both his white and black magic.

Outsider
05-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Edward is the only character that I don't like in FF4, so I won't vote for anyone else.

Fredde
05-06-2004, 08:54 AM
I had to go with Rosa. Tough she is GREAT to have around in a fight, she's sometimes worse that frikkin' Princess "Save me Mario" Peach, story-wise.

Takara
05-06-2004, 09:55 AM
I used to hate Rosa's guts too, but then, there are worse Damsel-in-distress types (*COUGH*Rinoa*COUGH*). Rosa only needs to be saved twice, once because she's sick (which, frankly, could have happened to just anyone), and when Golbez abducts her.

Beside that, I'm pretty neutral over her. I probably would have loved her more if it wasn't for the fact she dumped her boyfriend for his besfriend because he had more power. :rolleyes2

But, yeah, I digress...

Back to the topic.

Nemesis the Warlock
05-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Kain is the worst. No contest. I have no idea why I have to drag him around the game. His physical attacks are weaker than Cecil's or Yang's, his one ability is to jump out of the battle, and he can't cast a single spell. Edward was much more useful, and I kept hoping he or Yang would be back in the party by the end. Instead I get stuck with that moron.

DJZen
05-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Jump takes you out of combat for one round then brings you back to deal 2x damage. It's essentially the same as having a fighter who's invincible for half the fight. I fail to see how that's lame.

Clyde Arronway
05-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Yes, jump is considered one of the premier battle skills in all FF's although you haven't seen anything like unto the true wonders of jump until you've seen FF Tactics!

Oh, the edward-edgar thing is getting really confusing.
If any admin's walk past here, couldst thee work thine magic upon this humble thread?

I can't spell. Doom to me. It came in real helpful on my AP english test today. :mad2:

Del Murder
05-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Fusoya never really did it for me. He didn't have enough MP to use his most powerful spells a whole lot.

Imperia
05-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Hi! I'm back after a while, heh...

Besides Edward... Hm... I'd say that Tellah is pretty pathetic. Sure, he's got all these powerful spells, but he was very bitter to everybody.

Cid's funny, but he can't do much in battle. I never liked him as a fighter all that much.

Then there's Rosa... I wouldn't say she's pathetic, but the way she just stood there like a whimp when Golbez grabbed her just irked me. I just don't tolerate weakness in the face of evil. She became gutsy afterwards, though. Plus, Rosa's sweet and kind, and is very unselfish, but she's kind of dull in my opinion.

FuSoYa was too weak... You don't have to have him for long, though.

DocFrance
05-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Fusoya never really did it for me. He didn't have enough MP to use his most powerful spells a whole lot.
He also had a strange power that let him turn into a mop instead of dying. That was wierd.

golden_queen_mercury
05-08-2004, 12:50 AM
I would have to go with Tellah. Mainly because he only gets 90 MP for maximum. I can't use very many spells, so I just basically ignore him. He's a good character though.

The Man
05-08-2004, 03:18 AM
He also had a strange power that let him turn into a mop instead of dying. That was wierd.
*weird

http://foolsgold.kicks-ass.net/forum/images/smilies/fusoyamop.gif

hmm

defnly a mop

Rase
05-08-2004, 06:29 AM
I said Cid, though Tellah was a close second.
Cid just wasn't strong enough, and all he had for extras was Peep. Although he does give you the Airship and fix it for you twice, he still spends much of the game:
A. In Barons dungeons.
B. In the Dwarf hospital.
Tellah was just not good enough in the MP area later in the game. Being able to use a Level 3 spell three times before having to refill is a pain.

Flashback007
05-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Rosa, for sure. She can do nothing else then heal and here attacks are very weak. Afcourse healing is good, but she does to little to do good.

MagicKnight Locke
05-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Tellah is a newb.

Rosa is very important in the battle with Zeromus

Rase
05-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Rosa, for sure. She can do nothing else then heal and here attacks are very weak. Afcourse healing is good, but she does to little to do good.

Yeah, having access to all the Healing spells in the game is too little. Try to beat Zeromus or Wyvern with Rosa dead. Also, White/Holy does a good amount of damage when she's not healing.

Lamia
05-15-2004, 02:20 AM
Cid... he's..really, really weak.

Sephex
05-18-2004, 04:06 PM
Cid, from a technical standpoint.

Dragonfire
05-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Yeah, having access to all the Healing spells in the game is too little. Try to beat Zeromus or Wyvern with Rosa dead. Also, White/Holy does a good amount of damage when she's not healing.

yeah but she's a whiny little bitch. and you can't beat cid, cid is always the best. I mean how many times did cid come back in FFIV, when you thought for sure he was dead?

Rase
05-19-2004, 01:36 AM
Once, when he sealed the hole to the Underworld. The other times I didn't think he was dead, and he wasn't so... there ya go.

Vermachtnis
05-19-2004, 02:17 AM
Cid, his attack is weak.

Del Murder
05-19-2004, 02:25 AM
Why is Rosa winning? Her healing is so important!

Rase
05-19-2004, 03:58 AM
Why is Rosa winning? Her healing is so important!

*Gives Del Murder a huge thumbs up and a bag of candy*

Agreed.

DJZen
05-19-2004, 04:09 AM
Seriously, I could play the whole game without Cid and never even notice. Rosa is a vital member of the team. I always notice how much more obnoxious fights are without a dedicated healer.

Sefie1999AD
05-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Without Rosa, it's practically impossible to beat Wyvern (Dark Bahamut) and Zeromus in FF4 Hard Type. Tellah is quite bad, but he also has times when you need him. Cid has a pretty good attack power, and I like his Earth Hammer. I used it heavily in Tower of Zot to deal Quake damage to all enemies. I'll choose FuSoYa. I have Rosa and Rydia on my team when I get him, so he's not all that useful for me. Although his Mop form does look pretty funny... *votes for FuSoYa*

Mr. Graves
05-20-2004, 03:45 AM
As much as I've played if this game, I've found Cid to be rather worthless.

The Magus
05-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Which Cid would we be talking about here? Theres one in almost every game!

Dragoon Kain
05-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Which Cid would we be talking about here? Theres one in almost every game!

hmm i dont know. which cid which cid? maybe the one in IV since that is what this topic was talking about :rolleyes:

:mog: kupo :mog:

Rase
05-26-2004, 12:56 AM
hmm i dont know. which cid which cid? maybe the one in IV since that is what this topic was talking about :rolleyes:

:mog: kupo :mog:

LOL, seriously. :p

Dragoon_Kain
06-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Ok OK, I was the first person to vote for Edge, and i'll prolly be the only one. By the time you get him in the party his hp is so low it almost isnt worth mentioning. I have to have a butt load of life potions so i can rez him before the end of battles and get him exp. Tellah wasnt completely useless. He is the only person in the first half of the game that can cast the lvl 3 black magic spells. Lit3 on Kainazzo is a god send. Just have a few ethers on hand and Tellah is prolly your most powerful character in the first half. Edge only has one thing workin for him...Throw. And if you have a bunch of items he cant throw then his usefulness is gone. I can go into further detail on why Edge is the suckiest character (other than Edward) but i'll only do that upon request.

Black magic is the pwn, throw is the suck. thats all i gotsta say.

D_K

aeris2001x2
06-08-2004, 09:32 PM
why does so many ppl hate rosa? she was never a princess in distress crying 4 help. she could,nt help it if she got kidnapped, at no point does she utter sumthin like *save me Cecil* and is one of the best ff characters ever imho.

Rase
06-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Ok OK, I was the first person to vote for Edge, and i'll prolly be the only one. By the time you get him in the party his hp is so low it almost isnt worth mentioning. I have to have a butt load of life potions so i can rez him before the end of battles and get him exp.

Ever try taking the time to get him leveled up a little before going sraight onward? That's usually what repetative dying means.

Tellah wasnt completely useless. He is the only person in the first half of the game that can cast the lvl 3 black magic spells. Lit3 on Kainazzo is a god send. Just have a few ethers on hand and Tellah is prolly your most powerful character in the first half.

Yeah, but only 99MP was very crippleing(sp?). Since Ether's cost 10,000 a pop, I prefer to save them. So in cunjunction with that, I can only use three Level 3 spells before resting.

Edge only has one thing workin for him...Throw. And if you have a bunch of items he cant throw then his usefulness is gone. I can go into further detail on why Edge is the suckiest character (other than Edward) but i'll only do that upon request.

First, I'm ALWAYS using the Ninja magic if I'm fighting 3 or more enemies or Puddings and the like. Using two swords does derease his defense, but the Marasame and Masamune are very nice weapons. Also, unless your in desperete need of money (:lol:), keeping swords to throw isn't that hard, and since your go through a lot, you should have plenty. Search treasure chests for Shuriken and Ninja Stars (or buy them from Kokkol after giving him the Adamant Ore). Also, feel free to elaborate on your opinion. :radred:

Black magic is the pwn, throw is the suck. thats all i gotsta say.
D_K

Yeah, being able to instantly Throw various obselete item, causing anywhere from 1000 to 9999 damage, isn't useful at all. Also, while Black Magic is useful, Summons are the true "pwn". :D

Dragoon_Kain
06-10-2004, 04:43 AM
Alright D_P_C point made. But even with the save i have at the end of the game, Edge's hp is far below that of almost all my other characters. Ninja magic can be nice, but thats why i have Rydia. She hits all enemies on the screen with a lvl 2 spell, and does more damage than the ninja spells. throw, hmm do i throw an old sword?, or do i sell it for more gp so i can buy ethers which allow me to cast more useful spells? tough choice if you ask me, but i would rather sell the crap i am carryin. I carry 99 shuriken on me, but still. SPOON. spoon is the best thrown item in the game, that is the only truly useful item to throw. maybe the drain sword, but still. my point is that edge is sub-par in everything he does. He is a weaker attacker than either Kain or Cecil, his magic is nothing in comparison to Rydia. He cant heal. And other than throwin spoon i would rather have Ryda summon, it does more damage per use than throw. and by sellin those crappy items i have the ethers to support her. So hence why I voted for edge. After throwin spoon during the zeromus fight and stealin from him, his usefulness is gone. when he dies i dont even bother usin life to bring him back. I get more damage from cecil kain and rydia anyways.

and yes overall summon is the tru pwn. but between black magic and throw. throw doesnt even come close.

D_K

desh
06-10-2004, 05:14 PM
But without Edge, you have almost no chance of getting Adamant Armor. Also, I find Edge's attacks to be better than Kain's on certain enemies. Hellwind star's are pretty nice to throw as well, around 5000 damage per throw ain't too bad.

King Dark Ice
06-10-2004, 07:43 PM
If any of you vote Cecil, I will not be happy

Those kind of things are not very nice to say ~Gau

aeris2001x2
06-10-2004, 08:13 PM
i wish i could vote again, just to picture u trying to jump on a plane to the uk with knifes, shotguns, rpgs and other manner of mass death items, leading to you being shot dead by police thinking u were a terroist...

King Dark Ice
06-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Me= Love Cecil

Flashback007
06-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Ah, how sweet. We have got someone who is in love with Cecil. How sweet. :p

AaronD
06-18-2004, 05:21 AM
what the hell is wrong with you people...tellah= ownage magic for beginning of game, cid alright dmg in the underground,edge and kain....what do you not like winning battle?, rosa...try winning this game using cure 2 items or bahamut,wyvern and asura without wall,...good luck haha

I vote for palom and Parom they are the *worst* characters ever...i dont care if twin wins you the battle vs milon Z(thats if they dont die every hit) the world would be a better place without them

EDIT: Watch your language. -Murder

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Besides Edward, I liked the rest of the characters, but Cid was probably the worst of those available.

Rase
06-22-2004, 07:07 AM
what the hell is wrong with you people...tellah= ownage magic for beginning of game,
You mean the whole Underground Cave? By Mt. Ordeals Palom is stronger than him (for me at least. Leveling up is good). After that limited MP = Not as good as he could be.

cid alright dmg in the underground,

Uhhhhhhh, you don't have Cid in the Underground, unless you wander around outside the Dwarf Castle the momen you crash and don't progress the story.

edge and kain....what do you not like winning battle?, rosa...try winning this game using cure 2 items or bahamut,wyvern and asura without wall,...good luck haha

Can't argue with that.

I vote for palom and Parom they are the *worst* characters ever...i dont care if twin wins you the battle vs milon Z(thats if they dont die every hit) the world would be a better place without them

Yeah, Twin helping you on Milon Z doesn't matter at all. As for dying every hit, you ever heard of leveling up? Iv'e never had them die in less than three hits and tellah usually dies before either of them. Also, they're useful against Baigin and the Water Fiend (course, he's a wimp to begin with), as well as all through the Sewers of Baron.

The Man
06-27-2004, 01:02 AM
why does so many ppl hate rosa? she was never a princess in distress crying 4 help. she could,nt help it if she got kidnapped, at no point does she utter sumthin like *save me Cecil* and is one of the best ff characters ever imho.
Actually, she does utter something exactly like "Save me, Cecil" in Kaipo, when she's out of commission due to that mysterious desert sickness she contracted, in J2e's translation of the game, which is notoriously more accurate than the FF"2" translation.

As for why I hate her, this rant (http://www.livejournal.com/users/aaronfreed/71495.html) rather nicely sums it up (although I don't agree with the author's points about Yuna, Aeris, and other characters, and a few of the points at the beginning are rather weak reasons to hate a character).

BBman108
07-09-2004, 07:11 AM
The twins, They were not around long enough to get GOOD spells and twin always seems to mess up cuz one dies

dman
07-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Cid was bad. Average atttack power, average defence, awful "special" move. Should have stayed NPC.