PDA

View Full Version : Yay I got a Negative 2 on my quiz.

Andex
05-05-2004, 11:36 PM
So this is what happened:
My trigonometry teacher, is an ****#@$ anyway, so he instroduces this new concept to us It's the trigonometry identity Verification crap
Something like:
SecX^4*CosX^3/SinX^2+5=cosX^4/secX+2
and you have to solve for one side. Well it's difficult to grasp this at first, (now it's easy). Anyway when we first started over this, Mr. Frost read the guidlines on how to do it, there was like 6 steps. They were vauge steps to boot. So he reads them to us, and then he puts this big problem on the board and it goes like this:

I'm andy of course

Frost: So Andy what side do I start with.

Andy: Ulm.. the right one there becuase it has a square in it or something....

*Frost looks at me*

Frost: All right everyone take their stuff of your desk, and do the problem, it's an assment test and it will be graded.

I guess he thought i was being sarcastic, but i wasn't he didn't show us anything ANYYTHING lol so i just guessed.

i'm like WTF BIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTCH. Well i didn't say that :greenie:

But anyway, i got a 0 on the quiz (everyone else did too becuase he didn't explain how to do any of it, he just read the guidelines for it.) and then he knocked an extra two points off becuase i borrowed a pencil.. So on my paper it says
a -2 out of 10! Wtf! That's a negative 20 percent!

So what do ya think about that?

ZeZipster
05-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Hence why you shouldn't go to school.

Kirobaito
05-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Sounds like my Pre-Cal teacher (same thing as trig).

I found this hard at first, too. Well, not hard, just tiring because it took so long.

Strider
05-05-2004, 11:59 PM
I didn't even think that was possible. o_O

Tough break, man.

BatChao
05-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Wait a sec... he can't knock off extra points because you BORROWED A PENCIL! This isn't even logical. It doesn't make sense... Most of the time when people complain about their teacher being asses, I just think they are whiners, but MAN! Taking off extra points for something so pointless is... horrible.

RSL
05-06-2004, 12:18 AM
I'd tell him where to stick that pencil.

Rostum
05-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Isn't the point of being a teacher to help the students through their schooling? Or learn in general? I have some teachers that have been like that at my school, thank god I don't have them this year!

Peegee
05-06-2004, 12:33 AM
You should work extra hard to make up for that quiz. If you let this course drop your average you will suffer later in life.

Andex
05-06-2004, 12:41 AM
no. lol i don't even need that class to graduate.. anyway i have an 80 in there so..

escobert
05-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Trig what is this you speak of? I'm so bad at math that I'd probably get a -12324345343 without trying *gives the math gods the finger*

Psychotic
05-06-2004, 01:35 AM
YOU BORROWED A PENCIL? YOU GOT AWAY LIGHTLY IF IT WAS JUST 2 POINTS! I'D HAVE HAD YOU SHOT!

Denmark
05-06-2004, 02:31 AM
Is the teacher really supposed to be known as "Dr. Frost"? Is he fairly heavy-set? Tallish? Does he wear glasses?

If so, then it's the same teacher my brother had for Calculus. and THAT would be freaky to the MAX.

Dragonflame
05-06-2004, 02:41 AM
I have a friend that once got a -180 on an assignment in our seventh-grade science class. Not only did he get everything wrong, he also wrote in pencil, which was -10 points for every question answered in pencil, and he wrote his name in the top-left, rather than the bottom-right like the teacher wanted him to.

Kirobaito
05-06-2004, 02:43 AM
I have a friend that once got a -180 on an assignment in our seventh-grade science class. Not only did he get everything wrong, he also wrote in pencil, which was -10 points for every question answered in pencil, and he wrote his name in the top-left, rather than the bottom-right like the teacher wanted him to.

And to add on that, she let him make it up, and he got a higher grade than both me and Dragonflame did. Stupidhead. :mad:

Andex
05-06-2004, 03:33 AM
Is the teacher really supposed to be known as "Dr. Frost"? Is he fairly heavy-set? Tallish? Does he wear glasses?

If so, then it's the same teacher my brother had for Calculus. and THAT would be freaky to the MAX.

No, he's not really heavyset... I live in Pennsylvania.. so i dunno.. His first name is robert nd yes he has glasses heh..

HOOTERS
05-06-2004, 03:51 AM
Our computing studies teacher would deduct five marks if we put "bus" as an answer for anything. I think he had something about buses. :choc:

Yamaneko
05-06-2004, 04:11 AM
I'd tell him where to stick that pencil.
In his pocket protector?

TidaRalique
05-06-2004, 04:13 AM
You just don't take crap like that.
Best thing to do is to warm up that pimp hand, my brother. Lay down the authority, let that man know who you are and that you will not be oppressed. Or whatever.
You don't want to have to choke a trick or two.

frr_vegeta
05-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Hahah, still higher than my calculas average xD

eestlinc
05-06-2004, 05:41 AM
my AP calculus teacher never returned our tests and would never tell us what grades we had. He would give us course grades commensurate with how well we were doing compared to the rest of the class. I thought it was cool. Then again, I always had an A so why not. :)

Rainecloud
05-06-2004, 07:10 AM
Teachers seem to be getting more and more evil these days.

I thought school was rough during my time there, but you younger people seem to have it worse than I ever did.

DMKA
05-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
In his pocket protector?
Dammit Yams I was gonna say that!!!!! :p

No but seriously, I think I'd have to umm...do something about things if I had to deal with some guy like that...*picks up rubber mallet and some molasses*

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Teachers seem to be getting more and more evil these days.

Couldnt have said it better myself......

Misfit
05-06-2004, 11:14 AM
In his pocket protector?
IN HIS AS- ... Pocket protector, yes, pocket protector...

Meat Puppet
05-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Aahh negative points. Last time I got them was when I attached a bribe to the exam paper. Bad consequences and a waste of money though. Not that you should do it, I only did it to look cool which I didn't :(

Dragonflame
05-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Did you at least get the bribe money back? You should have told the teacher that it was a gift that he/she just mistook for a bribe. That way at least you might have been able to avoid losing points.