PDA

View Full Version : 24

Mikztsu
05-06-2004, 11:16 PM
2nd production season is finishing here in Finland. I entirely missed the first production season, because I I never bothered to try to get in the plot of 24. Now, in the middle of 2nd production season I got in the hook when I made myself to watch whole epsisode.

Earlier this week then, I went and bought the season 1 DVD collection and absolutely loved it ( finished watching it today), and I just couldn't resist but order season 2 DVD collection as well, which should be here next week. :)

I myself HATE to wait for the next episode one week, so watching episodes on DVD's is my way. :smash: So, how's the 3rd season? Keep it spoiler-free please.

Skogs
05-07-2004, 12:27 AM
It starts out only so-so, but it gets much better circa episodes 7-8. I've seen up to and including 11.

And Chloe is a cow. :mad2:

Del Murder
05-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Season 3 isn't as good as 1 or 2. The best episode of the series and one of the best music scores for a TV episode ever is when Jack saves his family from the camp. The music was so emotional and really fit in.

Season 3 has some things in it that I didn't care for. Certain characters died whom I didn't think necessary. All for ratings. :mad:

Anyway, you should still watch it when it hits Europe because it is still the best show on TV.

Mikztsu
05-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Only thing I kinda dislike in 24, is how Kim Bauer always gets in trouble. It's ridiculous especially in season 2 and wastes good episode time of showing her wandering around and it's annoying. I hope this isn't happening in season 3.

Anyone knows when season 3 dvd set is coming out? I'll probably order it even before season 3 comes here.

Skogs
05-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Kim's significantly less annoying this time around.

Mikztsu
05-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Glad to hear that, Skogs.

As for the characters, I think the cast of 24 has been great since the beginning. I just think Dennis Hopper overacted Victor Drazen's accent a bit in first season, but it was fine. Kiefer Sutherland makes awesome Jack Bauer. I just love the whole Jack Bauer character, Especially when his head starts ticking and he goes all crazy and stuff. Top notch bad ass. :) Tony Almeida, Nina Meyers etc were all great.

Season 3 has some things in it that I didn't care for. Certain characters died whom I didn't think necessary. All for ratings. :mad:

Yeah, some idiot spoiled to me that Jack Bauer will die. :( It really sucks because he's awesome character. But oh well, it would've been kinda silly if he would've survived all those 'impossible situations' all the time. Still, sucks, and I would've rather seen him alive in every season. :(

edczxcvbnm
05-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Season 1 = Best
Season 2 = horrible(mainly because of the last 8 hours)
Season 3 = Cool as hell

There are only 3 episodes left in Season 3. If you want to see season 3 right now you can always download them off of KaZaA. That is what Sephex and I did last season because he missed the first like...8 episodes.

Mikztsu
05-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Nahh, I'm sure 3rd season DVD comes out pretty soon, so I'll wait for that. :)

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-10-2004, 11:50 AM
season 1=best
season 2=good
season 3=stopped watching 24....mainly for school reasons...

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
05-10-2004, 02:43 PM
I download all the episodes straight after they're aired in the US so I'm only 12 hours behind. Only saw the last couple of episodes of Season 1 and it got me hooked to watch the 2nd season, after seeing it all I definitely thought it was the greatest show on tv. The 3rd season is equally awesome so far and the 22nd episode is gonna be shown soon. I hate waiting, almost as much as Kim Bauer's new hairstyle and Chloe, the moose.

And the guy who plays the President in 24 should run for being the real President, he'd be way more convincing than Bush.

Sephex
05-10-2004, 07:18 PM
I like three better than two, but one I think was the best. I can't wait to see how three finishes up.