PDA

View Full Version : Locked Trunk

Erdrick Holmes
05-07-2004, 03:53 AM
This has been bugging me for years on end. In one of the houses in Kalm on the 2nd floor there is a box. Stand next to it and press circle and Cloud says "Locked, can't open it." I keep thinking there is a way to open it. Any ideas?

Linus
05-07-2004, 02:30 PM
You can't open that.

Also in the Inn where Cloud tells his flashback story, there's an ether or elixir or something that he "can't reach." Why the Hell would he give up because he's too short? There are plenty of things to stand on...

Erdrick Holmes
05-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Actully if you press circle on it a few times Cloud will just knock it off and grab it.

Flying Mullet
05-07-2004, 10:13 PM
That locked trunk has a Master Summon, Magic and Command Materia in it. The old man will open it and give them to you after you defeat one of the weapons and give him the item that the weapons drops.

Erdrick Holmes
05-08-2004, 12:05 AM
That locked trunk has a Master Summon, Magic and Command Materia in it. The old man will open it and give them to you after you defeat one of the weapons and give him the item that the weapons drops.

No, no, no. The trunk is in a room with nobody in it. I swear there has to be a way to open it.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-08-2004, 01:15 AM
most likely with a gameshark or something.

but no, seriously, i dun think there's a way to open it.

zacks_clone
05-08-2004, 03:40 AM
its there probably to make the game seem more relistic.i mean,who'd leave a trunk un-locked as well as their house,especially if its got valuables in it!

Teh_Sephiroth
05-08-2004, 04:51 AM
its there probably to make the game seem more relistic.i mean,who'd leave a trunk un-locked as well as their house,especially if its got valuables in it!

Then why isn't there any more of them?

HanaKirei
05-08-2004, 06:24 AM
Then why isn't there any more of them?

Because then people would complain about not being able to get the treasure inside. Like in this thread here. ^_^ Kidding, kidding...

Del Murder
05-08-2004, 07:35 AM
It's obviously the secret to reviving old and repetitive rumors.

MagicKnight Locke
05-08-2004, 09:02 AM
I wonder what is in that trunk.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-08-2004, 02:13 PM
I wonder what is in that trunk.

Something of value :p

zacks_clone
05-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Something of value :p

Yup. Shall we go and find a prybar and bash into it?;)

Note:Its impossible to find a prybar in the game,so all you who dont know better, please dont go out and spend ages trying to find a prybar then come back and scream at me. I was kidding.

Rostum
05-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Note:Its impossible to find a prybar in the game,so all you who dont know better, please dont go out and spend ages trying to find a prybar then come back and scream at me. I was kidding.

You know it will happen...

ForeverZeroUltima
05-09-2004, 01:33 AM
I know! Why don't we try that old, beaten up useless key in Mideel to open it?

-N-
05-09-2004, 08:36 AM
You can only open the chest once you GET A LIFE!

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 07:05 PM
does any remember a similar thing in pokrmon red, blue and yellow? if u have surf already when u get to the s.s anne, you can surf behind it or sumthin to a little piece of land. and on it is a truck you cant open.

many rumors claim you can open it via a key u get somewhere from the mew/mewtwo scriptures in the secret lab (abandoned) next to blaine's gym(7th gym). i never found it though.

and of course inside is meant to be a mew at lv 100 and the hardest pokemon of all.

maybe there both just unfinished side quests. i woulnt be surprised if this trunk was also part of the unfinished way to resurrect Aeris.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-11-2004, 01:29 AM
*ahem* no....

the truck does absolutely nothing. there was this stupid rumor that, if you get to the truck, press A on it, then beat the S.S. Anne, watched it sail off, then you have to wait 100 hours :eek:. after 100 hours, the boat will come back and a sailor will say, "Oh, i forgot to move my truck!" and he will move it and you will fight Mew.

dumb rumor.

Cid_Rocks
05-23-2004, 05:02 AM
Actually, if you do go there i did find one level 100 Rhyhorn there in blue, but everything else was wimpy level 5-15 magickarp or goldeen.

*how the heck did we get off subject and start talking about pokemon?

ForeverZeroUltima
05-25-2004, 06:32 PM
*how the heck did we get off subject and start talking about pokemon?

well, we were talking about finding an item that we couldn't get, and it led to Mew beneath teh truck, which you also can't get. i dunno. blame aeris2001x2 for changing the topic. :p

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 07:24 PM
hey, i thought it was an interesting parallel and i,m just saying that loads of rpgs have unfinished stuff :D

Rainecloud
05-26-2004, 07:42 AM
Even with a Gameshark, you cannot open the trunk. Although there are some interesting items you can place in your inventory by using a Gameshark (most notably the now-famous "secret letter"), there is no indication that these items would have originated from Kalm. Who puts a letter in a trunk, anyway? :tongue: