PDA

View Full Version : q for those who drink

aeris2001x2
05-07-2004, 09:33 AM
why do u drink? cause i,ve noted many ppl in the last drink topic who drink but say like they have never been drunk like its a good thing.

in my opinion the only point of alcohol is to get drunk. there are far nicer drinks around in terms of taste imho, and things like beer of slow stuff is annoying. its spirits all the way 4 me. the goal of drinking 4 me is 2 get as drunk as possible and stop just before the stage of collapse and vomiting.

give me water, milk, milk shake and other delicious things :moggie: 4 taste. :tongue:

TheAbominatrix
05-07-2004, 09:36 AM
why do u drink? cause i,ve noted many ppl in the last drink topic who drink but say like they have never been drunk like its a good thing.

I'm confused. Are you saying it's bad to have never been drunk?

Anyway, I dont drink because it tastes like urine and gives me a headache. Plain and simple.

Meat Puppet
05-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Because all my friends drink and if I don't drink they will judge me poorly which I am afraid of.

m4tt
05-07-2004, 01:36 PM
I drink when I want to do something that I know I can't do when I'm sober.

Doc Sark
05-07-2004, 01:47 PM
I actually enjoy the taste of beer. A good lager anyway. Kronenbourg or Stella as lagers go, or a pint of Caffreys if its a bitter. I am the kind of guy that will sit and have a beer with my dinner, or when watching the football, not to get drunk, but because I enjoy it. It is an acquired taste I give you that. However I have been drunk many times, most times to my detriment, it's clearly not good for you but can result in some amusing anecdotes.

gokufusionss1
05-07-2004, 02:09 PM
give me a bitter on a sunday or a carling on a hot day ahhhhhh relaxing.

White Raven
05-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I must first say, I never drink to get totally wasted. When I drink, it's a only a couple of beers during a hockey game or at a bar or whatever. I love the taste of good old Canadian beer for me. A Molsen Canadian draft is my favourite by far.

Peegee
05-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Just because we're talking about 'drinking' doesn't mean you have to associate it with some cheap Canadian beer xD

Wine is very nice, for example. Though I personally prefer vodka or rum. Beer is nasty.

Ichy
05-07-2004, 04:17 PM
I drink because I am an alcoholic. The triggers are numerous. I can go months without a drink, but give me one and I'll finish it on the way to the store to get a 24. Yep, compulsive. And no... not happy about the lack of self control, either, hence I've been conditioning myself not to drink at all. Doesn't always work but at least it's going well :)

PeTeRL90
05-07-2004, 06:04 PM
I used to drink all of the time, mainly because I had so much stress going on and whatnot, so I'd drink to try to tone it down or drink myself to sleep.

However, I stopped doing that two years ago.

Ryoko Masaki
05-07-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm a social drinker :)
i only drink when i'm out in bar or something..sometimes i get drunk and sometimes i don't it depends on the people around me.

Levian
05-07-2004, 06:14 PM
I feel more like a part of the group when I drink (if they're also drinking). And besides, alcohol makes things funnier, in my opinion :) Some beer taste good too. :p

LH
05-07-2004, 09:09 PM
I drink so I can get drunk.

Dragonflame
05-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Because all my friends drink and if I don't drink they will judge me poorly which I am afraid of.

Peer pressure is a wonderful thing.

Ryoko Masaki
05-07-2004, 09:14 PM
I drink so I can get drunk.

keep that up and you'll be in weelchair in about a couple years :mad:
what's so fun abouting just drinking to get drunk??
you get drunk then what?? you act like a idiot and make an ass of yourself.

Breine
05-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Why I drink?

I like the tastes of the various drinks and stuff. I know you can have a lot of fun without being drunk, but it seems like when you're drunk you kinda loose all your boundaries... Plus it's fun to see your friends being drunk. :cool:

Dragonflame
05-07-2004, 09:23 PM

Exactly. That's the fun part.

Ryoko Masaki
05-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Exactly. That's the fun part.

then it must be fun to end in a wheelchair to??

Crimson II
05-07-2004, 09:28 PM
I usually drink about 5 or 6 beers, about then I have a nice buzz.
I pretty much only drink to get a buzz, i dont like getting hammered. But oddly enough, after getting smashed i've never had a hang over. Beer usually gets me going, but I have a high tolerance to Rum and those hard liquors...Theres something about the buzz...maybe the anxiety of getting to the drunkness that makes being almost there better...kinda like an orgasm :p I like wine a lot when i dont want to get too drunk

Lindy
05-07-2004, 09:32 PM
in my opinion the only point of alcohol is to get drunk. there are far

What a terrible opinion.

I drink because it's social, because I like the taste of what I drink, because it's in my genes to enjoy a good beer, or ale, or whatever is on offer that I like. I'm a big girl in that I like to sit down and watch a romantic comedy when I'm sad, and drink lots of red wine and eat chocolate.

A very big girl.

Dragonflame
05-07-2004, 09:39 PM
then it must be fun to end in a wheelchair to??

Yes! Then whenever you want to go somewhere you can order someone else to push you there, and you can have drunken wheelchair racing.

aeris2001x2
05-07-2004, 10:00 PM
keep that up and you'll be in weelchair in about a couple years :mad:

actually in me it doesnt make me make an ass of myself. it allows me 2 open my mouth, to enjoy the night, to be funny and sociable and to have wierd blurry visions that makes the music more etheral and emotive. seriously, if your gonna pour posion down your throat u may as well make it as fun as possible.

IGN64skanker
05-08-2004, 01:10 AM
I don't get the whole part about ending up in a wheelchair. I've never drank and driven anywhere, I don't let people do it either. Sure there's a lot of drunken accidents where people get hurt, but I think it's probably pretty even with the number of sober accidents that happen.

My drinking practices just depend on how I'm feeling. Some days I'll want to get stupid drunk and other days I'll start drinking and realize I don't want to, so I'll only have 3 or 4 drinks and that's fine. And other days I'll have five or six beers in a half hour and get way tired and go to sleep. Whateva. Drinking is cool, I guess.

Ryoko Masaki
05-08-2004, 01:16 AM
I don't get the whole part about ending up in a wheelchair. I've never drank and driven anywhere, I don't let people do it either. Sure there's a lot of drunken accidents where people get hurt, but I think it's probably pretty even with the number of sober accidents that happen.

My drinking practices just depend on how I'm feeling. Some days I'll want to get stupid drunk and other days I'll start drinking and realize I don't want to, so I'll only have 3 or 4 drinks and that's fine. And other days I'll have five or six beers in a half hour and get way tired and go to sleep. Whateva. Drinking is cool, I guess.

i don't mean with accidents but...by drinking to much to often efects your liver(or something) and at the same kills your braincells and some cell enable you to walk so when they die out..you end up in a wheelchair or even worse you end up in 6 feet under the ground.

IGN64skanker
05-08-2004, 01:27 AM
i don't mean with accidents but...by drinking to much to often efects your liver(or something) and at the same kills your braincells and some cell enable you to walk so when they die out..you end up in a wheelchair or even worse you end up in 6 feet under the ground.

That's gonna take a lot of drinking for a long time to get to that stage. Getting drunk every once in a while isn't gonna do that to you.

Ryoko Masaki
05-08-2004, 01:30 AM
That's gonna take a lot of drinking for a long time to get to that stage. Getting drunk every once in a while isn't gonna do that to you.

like i said before

keep that up and in a couple years

Jebus
05-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Because I like the taste. I only drink wine and vodka though. The rest taste pretty nasty, though I do like spiced rum.