PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose a country to live

Mikztsu
05-07-2004, 02:28 PM
It's pretty simple - where would you want to live and why?

What would be better in that country than where you currently reside? Can you imagine what would you miss from your native country ( other than family and friends) ?

Polaris
05-07-2004, 02:32 PM
I wanted to live in the United Kingdom. I live in Portugal so, anything is better than this! Trust me! The red bus, the museums, the gardens, everything seems so wonderful! But I would like also to live in Greek. Those temples are great and they're still up! But to work it would be better in Egypt or Greek, my home in the United Kingdom!

I'm not girl of missing friends (it's bad, isn't it?)....... they're in my heart and in my head so as along as they are here *points to my heart and head* I'll never miss them.

Erdrick Holmes
05-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Canada.

Free healthcare, cold weather, hard liquor, and the Kids in the Hall. Plus I have a bunch of *ahem* personal reasons to do this.

Peegee
05-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Switzerland or whichever place that's like top 5 in standard of living.

Flying Mullet
05-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Whichever country that I could own.

Ichy
05-07-2004, 04:21 PM
The Principality of Sealand (www.sealandgov.com)! /sarcasm

No, seriously... I live in Canada and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, save maybe to get out of Quebexico...

Roogle
05-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Probably Canada, the UK, or even just here. It doesn't bother me that much!

Rainecloud
05-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I wanted to live in the United Kingdom. I live in Portugal so, anything is better than this! Trust me! The red bus, the museums, the gardens, everything seems so wonderful!

People often think that about the UK. It's a different story once they get here and realise what it's really like. Some parts of the United Kingdom are incredibly beautiful, especially the peaceful countryside and beautiful mountains. However, the buses, museums and botanical gardens aren't exactly the most amazing things we have to offer.

If I could live anywhere in the world, I'd probably choose Canada. It seems quite nice.

gokufusionss1
05-07-2004, 05:40 PM
i'd live in new zealand it's like the UK but with more sheep and better weather.

PeTeRL90
05-07-2004, 06:02 PM
It would be nice to live in England. The thought of it makes me want to gather up money and take a trip down there.

Loony BoB
05-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Going strictly by countries, New Zealand. Going by a certain person who lives in a certain country, the US of A.

But New Zealand is easily the greatest country of the lot - once you take away theme parks, I can't think of anything it lacks.

So, basically, of the places I've lived/want to live...

USA: The girl I love.
UK: Good money.
NZ: Absoloutely everything else.

No matter where I was, I'd probably miss something from another country. Maybe not money, but in the other two I'd always miss the other in some way.

Skogs
05-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Australia. Because it's ace.

Doomgaze
05-07-2004, 07:31 PM
*blushes* Oh, Daniel! Not in public!

Anyway, I'm pretty good with the US, but I wouldn't mind the UK (not in or near London, though - somewhere in the countryside, maybe Scotland) or NZ. I don't think I could pick up another language well enough to go somewhere where they don't speak English. Canada would be acceptable as well, but I see no real reason to go.

Breine
05-07-2004, 07:44 PM
I don't know, really? I mean, there are many countries that I'd love to visit and see, but I don't know if I could live there? To live, is kinda a life-time thing and I probably can't live without my darling, Denmark :)

For example: I'd love to visit Japan some day, maybe even live there for a year (or so), simply because their culture is interesting to me, but I couldn't live there my entire life. A part of me would always miss Denmark, and the danish food :)

Europe... now that's different. Many European countries are a lot like each other, so that wouldn't be much of a difference. Take Germany, for example. Denmark and Germany share borders, and therefore, naturally, the culture is very much a like, except for some political things. Anyway, I wouldn't like to live there. Although I almost can speak the language fluently, and I have lots of family there, I'm still gonna miss my own country... :)

Yamaneko
05-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Country? Australia or New Zealand.

Anywhere? Southern California.

Agent Proto
05-07-2004, 08:41 PM
I'd like to live in Japan or Canada. well, in Japan, I'll just learn the language and get used to the living conditions, and Canada, because it's a nice place. Even though I've never been there! xD

Ichy
05-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Canada would be acceptable as well, but I see no real reason to go.

Beer.

Breine
05-07-2004, 09:03 PM
I bet Denmark's beer is better :D

ZeZipster
05-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Leaving In Front of Computer would quite possibly the worst event that ever happened to me. I would not leave In Front of Computer, regardless of outside happenings.

Dragonflame
05-07-2004, 09:13 PM
I want to live in Caucasia!

Kirobaito
05-07-2004, 09:43 PM
I'd like just to SEE New Zealand, if anything just to see what the fuss is all about.

Mikztsu
05-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Alrighty then, let's play that you wouldn't have any other choice but to move to other country.

Casey
05-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Czech Republic. OR England. Yeah.

Ichy
05-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Grand Cayman Island

Meat Puppet
05-07-2004, 11:46 PM
If any country I'd choose New Zealand because I :love: it too much

But if I had any other country then my own then hmmmz, maybe somewhere in Canada I hear good things about it. Hear

Del Murder
05-08-2004, 05:41 AM
USA is a-ok.

black orb
05-08-2004, 05:55 AM
>>> Japan.
reasons, too many for list..

Ariel
05-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Australia. Because it's ace.
I definitely agree. There's no better country to live in, for me, anyways.

If I had to go somewhere else, it'd be New Zealand. Or the Hutt River Province. :D

Wasn't there a thread just like this not long ago? =o

Mikztsu
05-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Wasn't there a thread just like this not long ago? =o

Can't remember, but most of the people who has posted here has forgot to respond to more important half of this topic.

Why? What would you miss? What would be better in the country you'd wanna move, dammit!

DMKA
05-08-2004, 05:06 PM

But all I really want is to go back to southern Cali. That is my...home. :cry:

Flashback007
05-08-2004, 09:01 PM
The United States of America (Long for USA :D )

Everything is bigger there: bigger trees, bigger supermarkets, bigger burgers....oops I must stop thinking about my stomach.

Another reason, there are enough different places to live, you can go live in the Nevada Desert on the snowy mountains from the Rocky Mountains. Need I to go on???

War Angel
05-08-2004, 09:40 PM
I'd like to live for limited periods of time in lots of places. New-Zealand and Scandinavia come to mind... I'm a sucker for beautiful scenery.

But, I'd probably wither into nothing, if I were to stay away from my home, for too long.

DMKA
05-08-2004, 10:16 PM
But, I'd probably wither into nothing, if I were to stay away from my home, for too long.
Yeah, thats whats happened to me. *misses cali* :cry:

BatChao
05-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Well, I'd rather just stay here in the US, but if I couldn't, I'd go to Canada. Why? Well... it's the closest thing to the US that I can think of...

Shlup
05-09-2004, 01:15 AM
If I could take my entire family with me I think I'd like to give Scottland a try. But I can't move away from my baby brother and sister and miss them growing up.

Calliope
05-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Aotearoa is the superior country. Alternately, I'd head off to the United States of America, or possibly Canada (sunshine, chipmunks and a little further off from the in-laws but not screeds) :D

Dammit I want a Visa now.

Rase
05-09-2004, 07:42 AM
I like wish I still lived in Alaska, but California is suiting me fine right now. But only if my family/friends from here can join me. Outside of the USA, I'd have to go with Scotland. Gotta for back to my roots. Or Japan, since it's so cutting-edge.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-09-2004, 07:42 AM
I grew up here in Australia.....its great.....if i had to live somewhere else it would most likely be in Japan

Why? cause my friend went there and i saw pictures and it looks like a mad place to live in.....not to mention their ahead of technology and i hope my future job will be there....

Moomba Misstress
05-09-2004, 10:38 PM
I have decided that I think the best places to go would be Australia or Japan. Maybe somewhere in Europe thats not France. BUt those seems safest. South Americas got some creepy things going on down there though... I don't think I'd stay, maybe visit.

escobert
05-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Anyway, I'm pretty good with the US, but I wouldn't mind the UK (not in or near London, though - somewhere in the countryside, maybe Scotland) or NZ. I don't think I could pick up another language well enough to go somewhere where they don't speak English. Canada would be acceptable as well, but I see no real reason to go.
Same here.

golden_queen_mercury
05-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Japan

I want to visit Japan at least once. There are way to many reasons to live there. It's cold, and it's where my favorite video games and anime are produced. It's better than where I live because everyday no matter what season it is, the temperature always has to reach at least 100. Always!