PDA

View Full Version : Cid Cid Cid!

Project G
05-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Why has there been a Cid in approx. every FF game!!!!???? :mog: :moggie: :choc: :moomba:

Flying Mullet
05-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Because Square felt like it.

Project G
05-07-2004, 07:42 PM
BUT WHY!!!!! *Angry so much, head explodes*
BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

Flying Mullet
05-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Because when the first Final Fantasy was released, to ensure the survival of the company as this was the make it or break it game for them, Square signed a pact with the devil. In this pact, Satan specified that he would allow the series to become one of the most profitable video games series that mankind has ever seen, but in return Square must name at least one main character in every game in the series afterwards "Cid".

And the rest, they say, is history.

Project G
05-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Flying Mullet, Honestly, that is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard, but then again, my brother would probably believe that

EDIT: Watch your language. -Murder

DocFrance
05-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Flying Mullet, Honestly, that is the biggest load of F*****G C**P I have ever heard, but then again, my brother would probably believe that
It's called a joke. Get used to it around here, and don't take it personally.

DJZen
05-08-2004, 03:04 AM
Probably because after FFII they realized there was nothing connecting the various games together so they invented similarity.

black orb
05-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Because when the first Final Fantasy was released, to ensure the survival of the company as this was the make it or break it game for them, Square signed a pact with the devil. In this pact, Satan specified that he would allow the series to become one of the most profitable video games series that mankind has ever seen, but in return Square must name at least one main character in every game in the series afterwards "Cid".

And the rest, they say, is history.
>>> Theres no Cid in the first FF, the signed the pact with the devil in the later games.. chocobos were included in the contract too :choc:

Edgar
05-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Because their name generator happens to end up with 'Cid' everytime duh...

BatChao
05-08-2004, 08:27 AM
IS there a Cid in FFXI? If so, where can I find him?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Apparently he's a shop owner, like Highwind in Kindgom Hearts.

UltimateSpamGrover
05-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Cid is in FFXI, he is in the Bastok Metalworks, you see him near the presidents office

Flying Mullet
05-10-2004, 02:55 PM
>>> Theres no Cid in the first FF, the signed the pact with the devil in the later games.. chocobos were included in the contract too :choc:
Actually, if you read what I wrote, I said that if the first Final Fantasy succeeded, then Square had to put a Cid in every game after Final Fantasy I.