PDA

View Full Version : Character stats customization missing

Flying Mullet
05-07-2004, 08:22 PM
You know, I was just thinking and the one thing that is missing from FFXI that I miss is stat customization. I always liked that in Everquest how when you created a character you had a pool of points that you could asign to whatever stats you wanted, this way you could differentiate between a warrior with a lot of power or a lot of life/endurance, a monk with a lot power or dexterity/agility, etc... I think it would add just a little more to the game to be able to customize the character's stats when you create them.

VDeity
05-07-2004, 11:41 PM
I think that's dumb.

If you have a pool of stat points to distribute to your stat points any way you wanted, there would be nothing to differentiate a Tarutaru and a Galka. You might come out with a Taru with maxed strength and vit and a Galka with good Dex and Agl... I think it's fine the way it is.

Flying Mullet
05-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Each race still has race specific stats. For instance Galka's would have a base strength of 60, while Tarutaru's would have a base strength of 20 and you only get 10 points to allot to your stats. The customizaing isn't great enough that you can change the stats of one race to mimic another.

Lionx
05-08-2004, 01:30 AM
Trust me that will totally throw the race optimaziation out of whack. I like it the way it is, RACE MATTERS in this game unlike EQ where eventually gear makes things up. I like being a good caster no matter what and i like it when i see the Galka excel at VIT and HP. Makes everything unique.

Roogle
05-08-2004, 09:04 AM
You have the option of limited stats customization through equipment.