PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble With Adel?

Dreamtiger42
05-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Well come this way, Ive been trying to defeat her for ages! and now ive added all my usful tips on defeating her into this handy thread! :D

1. Cerberus- [appologies on spelling] summon him first! every battle!

2. Triple- Haste, Float, Shell & Protect, Float will make you immune to her Quake attack

3. Carbuncle- castes reflect, it does mean that you cant use magic on yourself but if she trys to use flare or holy it bounces right back in her face :D

4. Shell- Shell Rinoa! When Adel does her "im-gonna-steel-you-hp" attack, she usually taks (on mine anyway) 500hp, with shell it halves it! to about 250!

5. GF's, Rinoa & My Calculator- Now, I know your nto supposed to use GF's cause they hit Rinoa, BUT! it helps you kill Adel faster, so what I do is get out my trusty calculator (im not a maths geek.... honest [shifty look whilst calculating square roots and what not]) and put in Rinoas HP, which on mine was about 6800, and every times she got hit I'd take it off on the calculator, saving you having to keep guessing when to heal her of scanning alot, Elixers are usually good to heal here

6.Ultima!- When it says "all magical powers concentrated on Adel" it means that in a few minutes shes gonna ultima your ass, so if you have low hp best thing to do is make sure all of your team are summoning, then she might knock out your GF, but at least you dont have to revive and heal as much.... or restart the game :rolleyes2 lol

Also Ultima works well one Adel, so do Leviathan & Pandomonium too, shes weak against Wind attacks, so stock up on Aero too if you can :D

I hope this helps you, please feel free to add in any other usfull tips, contridict me or tell me im crazy :) GOOD LUCK! :D

DocFrance
05-07-2004, 10:02 PM
I'd suggest using Squall, Zell, and Irvine for your party. Squall's limit breaks will be pretty risky (unless you haven't upgraded his weapon at all), because you could end up with Fated Circle or Blasting Zone and hit Rinoa. Irvine should use his limit breaks (Armor Shot and Hyper Shot are good). Zell is good too, because his limit break lets him do a lot of damage in a short amount of time - just do Booya and Heel Drop over and over again very quickly (this move has been dubbed "Apocalypse Fist").

Also, cast Regen on Rinoa. It helps.

Az Lionheart
05-07-2004, 10:27 PM
i have to say that Adel was one of the most easyest bosses in the game even edea in disc 2 was harder

Iceglow
05-08-2004, 02:51 PM
simply have a hundred pulse ammo and the exeter with irvine junction speed and strength to 255 and cast aura on him Shot - pulse ammo - target: Adel = Adel dead in one round of battle if your good two if you not too good but most certainly over in 3 shot attacks. Done and dusted no GF powers used, no magic (if you fail the kill in the first round keep someone ready to cast Regen on Rinoa thus far I have never failed to end it in one round and twenty or so shots) or even if you feel daring use fast ammo with your str rating they should do 9999 damage anyway use all 100 in one round = definate kill (it is possible with timing to loose all of them off if you miss the timing though you'll only fire 50 or so)

Mo-Nercy
05-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Zell is good too, because his limit break lets him do a lot of damage in a short amount of time - just do Booya and Heel Drop over and over again very quickly (this move has been dubbed "Apocalypse Fist").
I remember it being Booya and Punch Rush over and over again very quickly and it was dubbed "Armageddon Fist". But the one you suggested might be a different one I've never heard of.

--

I thought Adel was pretty easy actually. In fact, the whole game becomes easy when you have a low level party with a high Str stat. So, GFs are useless other than for junctioning. I don't even use them to block attacks, as far as I'm concerned, having "GF" in the Command menu is a waste of space. I have my characters junctioned with Attack, Magic, Draw, Recover/Revive/Treatment. The only time I use a GF in my later games is when I'm fighting Omega Weapon and I summon Doomtrain to reduce his Vit.

Dreamtiger42
05-10-2004, 05:28 PM
I found it quite hard,and Ikept comming on here to find out how to beat here but there wernt many threads, thats probebly why, cause its so easy, but i thought itd be a good idead incase anyone else couldnt do it :) lol

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 07:55 PM
i have to say that Adel was one of the most easyest bosses in the game even edea in disc 2 was harder

i,m afraid your deluded. she is actually i of the hardest and i,m not bias cause gilgimesh uses masumune on her and kills rinoa all the time :mad2: lol.

here is a bit of my boss list(max lv is used in all cases)

1-omega weapon
2- ultima weapon
3- final ultimecia
4- griever
5- bahamat
6- jumbo cacutar
7- king tonberry
8- ultimecia/greiver junctioned
9- krysta
10- adel

she just slips in to the top ten she is the hardest normal sorceress, harder then edea, the sorcerress from the past and ultimecia in her normal state. of course, she is riducolusly easy, but so are all bosses, even omega.

on the forum i used to go on the million hp damage zell combo was just dubbed yamazaki after the guy who told us about it. it has many names.

Laguna
05-10-2004, 08:04 PM
i dont know, if you're not very experienced with RPGs or just didnt build up a bit you could easily end up in hot water with Adel. First time through i was pretty screwed cos i used rinoa all the time and once she was all tied up i couldnt use my normal technique! thats why I'd always suggest building up a solid back up character (or party if you have the time!) I beat this boss with my 2nd and 3rd characters as Zell and Selphie (duel is more precise than most limits and selphie can use an array of supportive/curative magic with slots) still- each to their own eh?

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 08:07 PM
i remember getting trambled on by griever like 15 times on my first play. no other enemy has beaten me so many times in a row. but of course, once you begin your ff8 second play, u soon realise its the second easiest ff (ff6 winning obviously).

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 08:09 PM
beat adel first time he is not exactly hard!

Ultima Shadow
05-10-2004, 08:23 PM
First time i played ff8 (also my first real RPG) i had to figth her about 6-7 times before i finaly defeated her. On my second play i finiched the game without geting game over one singel time. But first time Adel was one of the hardest bosses i fought in ff8. Oh... If you want you can steal alot of megaelexir from Rinoa, if you dare to mug her.

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 09:29 PM
beat adel first time he is not exactly hard!

remember SHE is not a HE. SHE is just a very ugly woman.

Peegee
05-11-2004, 03:10 AM
lol @ Aeris2k1

Just to add to your strat, Dreamtiger: if you used recover on Rinoa every other round or something, she will survive. The shell on her is a good idea though :D

The_Princess
06-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Well, if I had known that Adel was ahead of me, I'd have prepared myself a lot better. I've been trying to beat her all weekend and I'm in a bit of a pickle. My party consists of Squall, Quistis and Irvine. Squall is at Lv.42, Quistis is at Lv.32 and Irvine is at Lv. 28 - they are by far my strongest characters. The others don't even have 1000 HP yet :P. I have the GFs Ifrit, Siren, Diablos, Shiva, Pandemona, and Quezacotl.
Try as I might, I cannot beat Adel. I cast Regen and Shell on Rinoa, and Shell on everyone else. I've junctioned Meteor and Holy and all the rest.
My problem is, I'm not really that leveled up; I don't have Triple. I do about 150-199 HP when my characters use their weapons. The best I can do is cast Flare, Thundaga, and Aero, which do 200-700 HP damage, but then Adel draws multiple HP from Rinoa to compensate. Limit Breaks don't really do that much (I've now run out of ammo for Irvine and Squall hurts Rinoa with his). In short, Adel is doing more damage to my party than my party is doing to her; and whatever damage they CAN manage to do, Adel more than makes up for by drawing heaps of HP from Rinoa.
I've tried leveling up my characters some more, but the monsters in Lunatic Pandora give you little to no EXP, and I can't leave Lunatic Pandora to level up because Squall says something about not being able to leave Rinoa.
I'm fine keeping Rinoa alive, but I can't make a dint in Adel, and her Ultima and Meteor attacks kill my party, with Shell or without. Help !

Lord Xehanort
06-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Adel is not hard.

1) Junction GF Cactuar to Squall (or whoever has the most HP)
2) Use Kamikaze
3) Have Zell use Armageddon Fist (mentioned above)
4) Game over for Adel

The_Princess
06-08-2004, 03:01 AM
Yes, but what happens if you don't have Cactuar, Kamikaze; or Zell in your party (and you can't swap members in Lunatic Pandora).

Strider
06-08-2004, 04:53 AM
I was expecting a tough battle with Adel, but it was actually pretty simple.

What I did, I don't know exactly how effective it is, was to up everyone's speed as high as possible. As fast as my characters were (I was using Squall, Zell and Irvine), I didn't have to do anything fancy. I kept attacking normally again and again, and whenever Adel sapped life from Rinoa, I just used the Recover ability on Rinoa. It didn't take more than five minutes.

Lehteb
06-08-2004, 06:58 AM
Yes, but what happens if you don't have Cactuar, Kamikaze; or Zell in your party (and you can't swap members in Lunatic Pandora).

You should cry :choc:

Then you :choc: can use Irvine's AP ammo after you :choc: aura :choc: him. and then freakin level up, my geez... :choc: :choc: