PDA

View Full Version : Many views!

Az Lionheart
05-07-2004, 10:33 PM
this is ment to be the one the first final fantasy games along with FFT which has a cammera that you can rotate is this true+what are your views on it?

DocFrance
05-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Actually, FFT had a rotatable camera...

crono_logical
05-07-2004, 11:47 PM
You could rotate the camera on world maps in older FFs too :p I guess you're talking about like what Xenogears has though? :p

Az Lionheart
05-07-2004, 11:48 PM
I said FFT :tongue:

crono_logical
05-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Your post also has an edit tag underneath, and I know you didn't originally have FFT in :D

Edgar
05-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Don't really like rotating camera views in 3D games (except in world maps like Xenogears'). It only means more secret spots to discover and more things I would miss out :p .

Cloudane
05-09-2004, 11:01 PM
LOL... yes!! What Edgar said.

Actually I'd welcome the return of the helpful little question-mark bubble from FF9 when it comes to discovering secrets/items.

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 06:21 PM
LOL... yes!! What Edgar said.

Actually I'd welcome the return of the helpful little question-mark bubble from FF9 when it comes to discovering secrets/items.

AGREED

Laguna
05-10-2004, 08:24 PM
provided its a little more gritty than the last couple- i mean look at IX,X and X-2- they are all fairly childish. VII was so dark, it rocked and VIII at least was set during a war and dealt with characters in a really cool way. but since then they've gotten much more childish. bring back some grit- please for the sake of my piece of mind.

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 08:27 PM
provided its a little more gritty than the last couple- i mean look at IX,X and X-2- they are all fairly childish. VII was so dark, it rocked and VIII at least was set during a war and dealt with characters in a really cool way. but since then they've gotten much more childish. bring back some grit- please for the sake of my piece of mind.
i would have to agree again cos the characters in FF9 looked like children!

Laguna
05-10-2004, 08:42 PM
its not just the visuals (although all the bright colours dont help) its the general storyline. i mean come on square, get your act together!

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 08:46 PM
its not just the visuals (although all the bright colours dont help) its the general storyline. i mean come on square, get your act together!
this maynot be a childish thing about the game but in my view there was no point in the final boss wat so ever!

Laguna
05-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Finally someone who agrees! Necron was soooo tacked on in the last five minutes of production. It was like
Zidane: "well we saved the world, pity we only beat up on a complete woman"
Squaresoft: "you hear that? he said the boss sucked- throw something bigger at him!"
Necron: "Grrrr....the crystal.....grrrr.....sent to kill you"
Zidane:"um...ok....lets fight despite the fact you arent really all that well explained"

10 mins later
Zidane: "well that was pointless. now time to sit back and enjoy a terrible ending..."

At this point i was livid. Bring back characters like squall and cloud. i dont want to play as an 11 year old who is so care free its sickening. i want to have doubrs and worries- its easier to relate to.

FF12 better be good......

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 09:04 PM
don't you mean 11 year old monkey..what was up with that?
i prefere humans....but i liked vincent who i supose you colud call "human"

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 09:16 PM
ffX was pretty dark, not childish at all you ff8 worshiping zealot lol. j/k.

and as i said in the ff9 forum, death incarnate explains why hes there. the whole game has proven to him that life only exists to die. and at no point did he go GRRR.

and he is explained. though i would have to say if he had just been called GARLAND it would have been better.

Laguna
05-11-2004, 09:31 PM
lets face it- you're dancing round the obvious, the series is getting progressively worse. Necron was pointless. End of discussion.

ZeZipster
05-11-2004, 10:28 PM
...and I suppose Final Fantasy 8 was the series peak? It'll take you some thought to get my point.

Laguna
05-11-2004, 10:42 PM
personally, i think yes. i dont honestly care what point you were trying to make, but you cant say the games have become less adult. All im asking for is a darker tone. i mean its all too care free. You can even tell that from the age ratings- they've dropped from 15s to 11+.

ZeZipster
05-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Mmm-hmm, Ok let me put it in perspective for you...

There are people who think FF6 was the peak. Then there are people who think FF7 was. Then there is the rare few who think FF1 was. You're just doing what people did for FF7 and FF6, from the screenshots I don't doubt it's potential.

Laguna
05-11-2004, 11:02 PM
oh dont get me wrong- im not saying 8 is the best, im love all the games (pretty much) until IX. its not like i dont enjoy them still, i just want it to be a little more adult. Im sure it will be good anyway, but if its dark i'll enjoy it all the more.

aeris2001x2
05-14-2004, 07:40 PM
well ffx was hyper dark, ok not as dark as ff8. but a much better story. also what u say about necron is how i feel bout ultimecia. what a pointless, annoying anti-climax...

Laguna
05-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Ten wasnt dark! It was pretty childish. At least ultimecia was a long fight anyway.....unlike Necron. I say make XII a little more adult- thats all. My view is valid, and seeing as this is what we're supposed to be talking about in this topic I think its pretty justified.

Az Lionheart
05-14-2004, 09:02 PM
like before i agree with your veiws on nine! :D

Laguna
05-14-2004, 09:07 PM
thank you! Im glad someone around here agrees with me!

Az Lionheart
05-14-2004, 09:10 PM
thank you! Im glad someone around here agrees with me!
well you are right the characters look about 12 years old!

Laguna
05-14-2004, 09:26 PM
it would just be nice to see final fantasy aimed at the slightly more mature gamer for once.

Az Lionheart
05-14-2004, 09:30 PM
it would just be nice to see final fantasy aimed at the slightly more mature gamer for once.
yer.
i would not say that FFX was childish it is just that lead characters must be good and Tidus was crap. i did not think mutch of the story.

m4tt
05-14-2004, 09:42 PM
I thought this thread was to talk about FFXII's camera views. Not bashing on FFIX. :rolleyes2

Laguna
05-14-2004, 09:48 PM
heh heh- i just thought it was general views on FFXII, so i was just saying what i'd like to see change. so back on track, would a revolving camera make all that much difference. I mean it was essential in tactics, but other than that i think its more of an extra than a neccessity.

Rostum
05-14-2004, 11:53 PM
heh heh- i just thought it was general views on FFXII, so i was just saying what i'd like to see change. so back on track, would a revolving camera make all that much difference. I mean it was essential in tactics, but other than that i think its more of an extra than a neccessity.

You can't really make that assumption though, without knowing much about it.

Cloudane
05-15-2004, 02:14 AM
The FF9 characters looked like children for a reason... they *were* children (Zidane and Garnet were 16, IIRC... last I checked, adulthood was considered to be at 18)

All of the games have their pros and cons IMO, except FF7 which is all pro ;) (Not really, there's the poor graphics and poor translation)
I'd agree that FF9's end boss was the lamest fabrication of an end boss ever - but I found the story itself to be one of the best of the series.

Big D
05-15-2004, 02:04 PM
It's been said that FFXII's presentation style will have some similarities to Vagrant Story; in that game, you could rotate the camera, and zoom in a little. The screen didn't change to a different view during battle, there were merely a few more displays and indicators on-screen. It's possible that FFXII will hearken back to a few of these features.

Lost Heretic
05-16-2004, 09:28 PM
FF6 was dark, the Bad Guy actually won in it...sort of.

FF12 may be good, if they can make a good battle system - something more than ATB; I want to see jobs too.

Dune
05-17-2004, 04:09 PM
I think it sucks there are only 4 characters... Hopefuly there are more, but Square just hasn't released them...

Ouch!
05-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Vaan, Ashe, Penelo, Fran, Balthier. That's five of the characters released. I don't think the number of characters has anything to do with its potential as a magnificent game, though. Saying it sucks because there's only four (though I doubt you knew about Penelo, the most recent to be introduced) is a little conceited.

Cloudane
05-18-2004, 10:50 PM
FFX-2 only had 3 characters (playable) and is high up on the list of my favourites from the entire FF series *shrugs*

aeris2001x2
05-19-2004, 01:05 AM
yes but how many characters there r does not dertimine how good a game is. ff1 rules does it not?

Cloud_99
06-16-2004, 12:00 AM
I agree with Laguna. The moveable cammeras aren't required. It's just not FF.

And IX was terrible

Edit by Big D: Please use the 'edit/delete' button if you want to change something you've posted. It's better than posting twice in a row. I fixed this one for you.

Big D
06-16-2004, 05:01 AM
I agree with Laguna. The moveable cammeras aren't required. It's just not FFSimply because it's not necessary, and hasn't been done before, doesn't make it bad. After all, FFII gave names to its characters, something not seen in the original FF. As time has gone on, new ideas and techniques have been introduced to add to the gameplay. Active Time battles, summon spells, different inventory capabilties... the list is pretty endless. If they simply said "we can't do that, it wasn't in the last game" then we'd still be playing plotless, two-dimensional games with super-deformed, pixellated characters called BMAGE and FGHTR and whatnot.