PDA

View Full Version : PSW.Bispy.A Virus

Erdrick Holmes
05-08-2004, 05:23 AM
I got a warning saying that AVG detected a Trojan in my System volume controll folder, I attempt to find the file that is corrupted but the dang thing won't let me delete anything in my system volume info folder and running AVG won't detect it. How can I remedy this?

crono_logical
05-08-2004, 05:57 AM
Right click folder > Properties > Security tab, then add the Administrators group with Full Control access rights (you need to be an administrator to do this). You should be able to access the folder now, so delete away, then remove that permission when you're done.

Yamaneko
05-08-2004, 06:02 AM
He's not going to have that enabled because Windows default doesn't give you folder security permissions. I'll be impressed if he enabled it before. :p

Otherwise:

Control Panel > Folder Options > View > untick "Use simple file sharing"

Then do what clout said.

crono_logical
05-08-2004, 06:03 AM
Ooh, that's interesting, lousy Windows :p

Peegee
05-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Arche, you must use Windows if you're so proficient in troubleshooting. Yet you constantly badger its..um..ease of use. I find that so odd :p

crono_logical
05-08-2004, 09:53 AM
No, the problem with the ease of use is it's too oversimplified in places so you don't really know what's it's doing, and in other places it isn't obvious what causes what :p Why should the security tab that controls file permissions on the local drive even in a non-networking environment be hidden depending on whether you want simple or advanced network sharing settings? :p

Erdrick Holmes
05-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Umm, none of that stuff work, the only way I canget to it is to type the folder path but it won't let me delete it.

Endless
05-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Right click on the drive where it is > Disk Cleaning > Let it do its analysis > Other options > In the "system restore" area, click Clean > click yes > then click ok and yes when asked.

Erdrick Holmes
05-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Wow, Vivi that worked, and it cleared up about 600 megs of space on my main partition. Thanks alot.