PDA

View Full Version : I hope to see Riku... *Major Spoilers*

Trumpet Thief
05-08-2004, 06:44 AM
After the ending of KH, I had thoughts that Riku might be left out of KH2. Although, according the "secret ending" revealing the darker side of the Kingdom Hearts saga, they had shown Riku, wearing a blindfold. Preferably, because of being lost in the darkness.

Also, the "Unknowns" that are to be in KH2 (Rumours) have given people ideas of Riku yet again being a villan.

Another rumour was spread about Riku being the man character in KH2. Well who knows?

What is everyone's opinion?

SeeDRankLou
05-08-2004, 08:40 AM
There was an interview with one of the creators of KH that said Sora will be the main character of KH2. So I think that one is pretty much set in stone. Although this time there seem to be more non-disney type characters than last time, so we might see less of Sora.

Riku wasn't the villain of KH. Riku just made a few wrong choices and ended up paying for it. But he defeated the darkness in his heart. I don't really see him being a villain type character.

It is not certain that Riku is the blind-folded unknown, but the likelihood of this being the case is very high. As for the rest of them, I'm not even going to speculate, there's not enough evidence to support or deny anything. This kid that wield two keyblades is interesting though. And the likelihood of him being the dual wielding unknown is even higher. It will be rather interesting how this all pans out.

Dragonflame
05-08-2004, 05:33 PM
I don't really see how they could justify making Riku a villain-ish character for a second time. At the end of KH he saw his mistakes. I see him as being a major part of the storyline, but probably not a possible party member. He will probably be with Mickey. Other than that, I don't know enough to make any predictions.

zacks_clone
05-08-2004, 06:50 PM
in the international version,i believe riku died.Need to chech ansem report again,but im pretty sure that he did:P so no idea if he'll be back.

Lord Xehanort
05-09-2004, 01:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that Riku is still going to be a lesser character to Sora. Considering he's trapped in Kingdom Hearts. Although, 'Another Side, Another Story' shows Riku in what looks suspiciously like Midgar. It's a difficult debate.

Sephiroth is going to return and stab Aeris and then Cloud will run around crazy until Sora revives her!!!!!111!!!

zacks_clone
05-09-2004, 03:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that Riku is still going to be a lesser character to Sora. Considering he's trapped in Kingdom Hearts. Although, 'Another Side, Another Story' shows Riku in what looks suspiciously like Midgar. It's a difficult debate.

Sephiroth is going to return and stab Aeris and then Cloud will run around crazy until Sora revives her!!!!!111!!!

And then Zack can step in and save the day and steal aeris away and cloud will get mad and they can play tugowar!!!

:: cough :: sorry...

Anyways, has it been announced that that unknown was Riku?

Trumpet Thief
05-09-2004, 05:02 AM
I believe that Riku might have died, but then what would have been the point of him being in the Secret Ending?

I would guess that Riku would be helping out Sora, a bit like Donald and Goofy. At least I hope.

Rye
05-09-2004, 03:26 PM
I would like to see Riku in KH2, but it would make the story more interesting if he died. But either way, Riku is cool. And he's not evil. He was just a jealous kid wanting Kairi and made the wrong choices to get her.

Lord Xehanort
05-09-2004, 06:15 PM
It has been announced that the Blindfolded Unknown is Riku.

zacks_clone
05-09-2004, 07:21 PM
It has been announced that the Blindfolded Unknown is Riku.

Ahhhh...brings new light into this clouded mind...i need to catch back up with the kngdom hearts stuff:P gotten lazy.thanks Ansem.

Lord Xehanort
05-10-2004, 08:49 PM
*victory pose*

Carnage
05-16-2004, 09:12 PM
rikku is in it he just has some kind of amnesia and hes searching for answeres and he recognizes sora.

Chibi Youkai
06-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Really? Where did you hear that?

ChaosCalibur
06-15-2004, 01:31 AM
OK for those who have seen deep dive... You probly know that none of the characters there show their eyes... This must mean only one thing! They are "Shells" Looking for their hearts/souls and they seem to be stuck in the world "Between" Light and darkness for the saying goes "another SIDE another STORY", because in the begining you see ruins which are most likely the destiny islands... Yet some of it still doesn't make sense to me...

Lord Xehanort
06-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Or it means that Riku thinks that the blindfold is sexy ('cuz it is) and Dual Weilder feels that pulling his hood over him so that the shadow hides his eyes is a good way to be stealthy.

Ouch!
06-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Spoilers abound, be warned.

We've seen the eyes of two of the unknowns. The first being the one who stepped onto the beach, appearing through the rocks. If you look closely on the rock right before he steps through it, it flashes a small sign of Ansem's heartless. Yeah, then the Unknown steps forward and you see that his/her eyes are yellow, like that of the heartless.

The other who shows his eyes is the red-haired guy, I believe his name is Axel. He was shown fighting the dual-wielding kid. He had perfectly normal eyes.

And yeah, the blindfolded Unknown is clearly Riku, or his body. I do support the theory that the Unknowns are the bodies of those who had their hearts and bodies seperated. This would explain why Ansem would still be alive, it's Ansem's body after he cast it off. It also explains why Riku is out of Kingdom Hearts, its his body that Ansem also cast off. However, I don't think it has anything to do with their eyes.

Personally, I like to believe that the dual-weilding kid/Unknown is Sora's body that was cast off when he released Kairi's heart with the Oblivion, and that when he was returned from his state as a heartless, he became a being very much like Ansem at the end.

Spiritus Sancti
06-15-2004, 11:39 PM
I don't know alot about this, but what I do know is that i've seen Mickey Mouse in a vid of KH2, which would mean he escaped, unless Riku died and Mickey didn't I think Riku probably got out with him