PDA

View Full Version : Help with FFVIII

RaineSquall
05-08-2004, 10:12 AM
:mog: Help! I have just purchased "Final Fantasy VIII" for Playstation. I had purchased it previously owned, but it doesn't look like it has been used at all. the manual hasn't been touched, no fingerprints, or anything on the disks. I had even asked the person who worked at the place i bought it, if it would work on my PS2, because that is all i have. They said it would work with it, and so far it has, except i can't save! AHHHHHHHHHH this is seriously ticking me off. :mad: i bought a new PS2 Memory Card, i tried to format it before playing, but nada. i don't know if it is a defect in the game itself, or what. i can save just fine on my other games, i even tried to use a different Memory card. nothing. Could i use a PSOne Memory Card on my PS2? or is this all just a lost hope. :cry: please help! thanks for your time!

jill :choc:

TheAbominatrix
05-08-2004, 10:19 AM
All Playstation games will work on your PS2, but you have to use a PS1 memory card. Don't try and save your Playstation games on a PS2 memory card, it wont work.

PS2 games on the PS2 memory card, PS1 games on the PS1 memory card. There shouldnt be any problems after that.

RaineSquall
05-08-2004, 10:41 AM
oooh thank you thank you thank you thank you thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! i was hoping that it wasn't something wrong with the disk! cuz it is an awesome game thus far. kewl graphics, but with a vintage nintendo look to the playing parts!

but thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Jill :love:

Rainecloud
05-09-2004, 09:09 AM
A vintage Nintendo look, you say? Hmm - that's interesting.

Enjoy your game, and just make sure you invest in an official memory card, rather than any other third party junk. If you don't use an official card, I'd say that there's a pretty good chance of your data being either corrupted or lost.

metCloud
05-09-2004, 11:50 AM
A vintage Nintendo look, you say? Hmm - that's interesting.

Enjoy your game, and just make sure you invest in an official memory card, rather than any other third party junk. If you don't use an official card, I'd say that there's a pretty good chance of your data being either corrupted or lost.

very good advice...listen to Jayren!! My brother-inlaw got a third party mem. card and you had to put a CD in just to load the memory card...then you had to take it out then put your game in, then sometimes the memory program would freeze and its just too damn time consuming. when I got my PS2 I made sure I got the Sony one :D

TheAbominatrix
05-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I once had a Pelican brand memory card that someone bought for me. It worked fine for a while, then it up and erased all my save files. I only go with official Sony cards now.

Felldoh
05-09-2004, 08:25 PM
I actually got some cheap 3rd party PS1 memory card from Target, and it has outlasted 2 offical Sony ones. How I do not know...

Rainecloud
05-09-2004, 08:37 PM
I used a third-party memory card for saving my eighth play through the excellent Final Fantasy VII. I reached the Golden Saucer, and the son of a bitch erased all my data. I put it down to me being careless with the card and started again (as I love the game so much). Low and behold, the piece of crap erased my data once I reached Cosmo Canyon.

Never again.

RaineSquall
05-10-2004, 09:38 AM
yea, i got the official Sony one! lol, looked at my work (Meijer) and they didn't have it! grr, had to drive 20 mins to the OTHER one to get it (it was on sale, $11.00) now i am happy!

oooh and thanks y'all for helping me out! :D