PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Screen when...

Mogz
05-08-2004, 01:54 PM
PC FF7::
When Cloud was hyptnotized, he was about to kill Aeris, but snapped out of it, then the game freezes after my cd-rom started to read... then nothing respond or it doesn't do nothing from there.... when i open my cd-rom drive, it tells me to insert "disc 1" which was already in there. Closed my cd-rom with "disc 1" reads it, still freezes there... anyone know whats the problem? been doing this everytime... installed my xp patch also... and the nvidia driver... not sure what is wrong... please help, thanks~

Baloki
05-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Check for scratches, if its not that then I dunno, theres ultily thousands of reasons.

Mogz
05-08-2004, 09:12 PM
the cd is pretty much still brand new and in very good condition... don't think its the CD, or maybe it could be something wrong with the CD when the company were making the it? I'm running on a 2.4GHZ with 1024 ddr ram, GFFX5600 128MB Video card, and XP as my OS... practically every game ive played are working fine, reinstalled the game still having the same problem

Mogz
05-09-2004, 12:08 AM
ok, it isn't just the part where it only blanks out when the CD-Rom plays the movies part from what i mention from up above about cloud being hyptnotized... for every part when the movie is gonna play from the cd-rom, i get a blank screen, but still hear the sound playing... i think there is a video bug... not sure what is it... any ideas what it could be? thanks...

crono_logical
05-09-2004, 03:13 AM
I think PC FF7 is too old to be worth troubleshooting under WinXP - you get far better results with the PSX version in XP instead and running an emulator like ePSXe to use the disc - your PC sounds way more than capable of emulating the PSX version :p

Rainecloud
05-09-2004, 09:07 AM
FFVII for the PC was unbelievably buggy - if my memory serves me correctly. I saw it played on a friend's machine once, and even though the disk was in perfect condition, it kept freezing and displaying error messages. As Arche said, you'd be better off with the PSX version running on an emulator.

Baloki
05-09-2004, 12:23 PM
In the booklet there should be a list of Video Cards the Game works with, see if yours is in there.

Edit: Also there were patches released for FF7 & 8, it might be worth searching them out and seeing how that works.

(If your gonna try searching for the patch first try the European version of http://www.playonline.com if that fails just goto http://www.downloads.com and search there.)

Edit of an Edit: The answer to your problems lies at the following address on Downloads.com:

http://download.com.com/3000-7539-10122632.html?tag=lst-0-2

Hope that helps and if it does, enjoy :D

Mogz
05-10-2004, 07:14 AM
ive already bought FF7 for PC a way back ago for my old PC, and haven't finished playing. So I pretty much started playing again... funny thing is on my 850mhz computer it runs pretty good on win98 with GFTi200 videocard and does crash sometimes randomly for some odd reason (performs an illegal operation, common crap i always get off from WIN98... it doesn't crash when it plays the movie clips off the cd-rom besides my new computer, which i don't get... I guess the problems could just be my videocard, driver files, or my cdrom... Anyway, thanks for the help guys... guess i'll just end up playing on my crap computer now lol -_-

Vaan
05-10-2004, 12:18 PM
FFVII on the PC is the first time I ever played a Final Fantasy... I loved it so much even though my computer was slow (300 mhz Celeron) and I had no graphics acceleration. The translation is a lot better than the PS1 version at least. Mine would usually crash only when Ifrit burst out of the ground after I summoned him.
Wow, I was like a 5th grader going on to 6th grade back then. The plot really confused me, but I remember that I thought it was the coolest game ever. I was obsessed! I remember the first time I saw "Cross-Slash gained." after beating some hell houses. I was so excited!

Wonderful, innocent times... I wish I could go back.

Baloki
05-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Urm, I take it that my answer with Fix just are ignored?...

Mogz
05-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Sorry Baloki, tried them all, and none fixed the problem... couldn't find the european patch either... thanks alot for trying to help though... I think i stressed enough to get it to work on my new comp, so im just gonna play on my crap computer and pray for no crashes :p

Baloki
05-11-2004, 04:22 PM
lol, sorry I wasn't in a good mood...

Its probably your video card being a good one that does it in...